Amy Cadwell VictoryPrior to making her pro debut in May, women’s flyweight prospect Amy Cadwell had debated leaving the sport after a series of losses as an amateur.

Determined to give it one last shot, Cadwell changed camps, turned pro, and has won back-to-back fights for the CageSport promotion.

“My whole fighting career has been kind of a whirlwind,” said Cadwell. “My last five amateur fights were all losses, and then I decided to go pro. I felt like I had enough experience and had enough fights to go pro, so I just did it, and I’ve ended up being successful.”

In her first pro fight, Cadwell avenged an amateur loss to Cheryl Chan via unanimous decision. More recently, in October, she defeated Hadley Griffith, whom Cadwell had previously defeated in the amateur ranks.

“(The fight with Chan) was a war, but I came out on top and was able to feel like I did a good enough job and put on a good show for the fans,” said Cadwell. “My rematch with Hadley ended up being another war.

“The second round, she defended really well and caught me in a guillotine choke, but the end of the round bell came just in time as I was starting to pass out. I was able to wake up, go back to my corner, regroup, and I knew I had to finish her in the third round, so I got in a little hip toss on her and got her back and sunk in a rear naked choke.”

Cadwell (2-0) will be going for her third win in a row on Saturday, Dec. 7, in Tacoma, Wash., when she takes on possibly her toughest opponent yet in late replacement Jessica Doerner (4-2) in a 120-pound CageSport feature bout.

“She’s tough just like my original opponent was going to be,” said Cadwell of Doerner. “I know her only losses are to legit opponents in our weight class, so it’s going to be a tough fight, and to come out with a win is going to be a good win for me.

“I’m just going to go in and do what feels right. I’ll see how I feel standing and bring it to the ground if I feel that’s my best chance to win.”

After almost stopping before she even got started, Caldwell looks to be on the cusp of a breakout year should she pick up another victory on Dec. 7.

“It’s been an awesome year for me,” she said. “It was really unexpected. Before I turned pro, I debated quitting because I thought that was all I had left, but I decided to stick with it and give it another try and it’s ended up being successful, so I’m just going to keep going.

“I believe in myself again, am doing something I love, and I’m able to make some money at it. I think there’s some huge opportunities for me right now at 115 pounds. I’m going to work on everything I can to improve in every area of my game and if all goes well I’ll be able to head to Invicta sometime next year.”

Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Pena vs. Shevchenko Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

With Ronda Rousey's career possibly over, the UFC women's bantamweight division is officially trying to move on. The first step in doing so? Determining the next challenger for reigning champion Aman read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 video highlights: Jason Knight vs. Alex Caceres

In the biggest fight of his career, Jason Knight came through with flying colors, and “The Kid” may have graduated to manhood at UFC on FOX 23.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Holm, de Randamie look for career-defining wins; Silva, Brunson want more at UFC 208

Everyone that steps into the Octagon does so for their own reasons, but next Saturday night at Barclays Center, Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie will enter the UFC’s eight-sided proving ground wit read news >>

Scratched from UFC 208 due to eye issue, Luis Henrique says his career options now limited

Luis Henrique said his career options have dwindled after he was pulled from Saturday’s UFC 208 lineup. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Inside the impressive career facts and figures for UFC 208 co-headliner Anderson Silva

Former longtime pound-for-pound king Anderson Silva once again returns to the octagon on Saturday when he takes on Derek Brunson in the UFC 208 co-main event. Get a look at his impressive career numb read news >>

Holm vs. De Randamie: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 208

The UFC will add a new champion to the fold when Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie close out UFC 208 on Saturday, February 11, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The main event features read news >>

Germaine de Randamie Looking to Solidify Fighting Career with UFC Title | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC will crown its first female 145-pound champion at UFC 208 on Saturday. Either Germaine de Randamie or Holly Holm will make history. read news >>

Video: Before UFC 208 co-main event, watch Derek Brunson's first-round TKO of Uriah Hall

Prior to his upcoming UFC 208 co-main event fight against the legend, Anderson Silva, watch Derek Brunson’s most recent win, which came in impressive fashion.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Holly Holm vs. Germaine de Randamie: Keys to Victory for Fighters at UFC 208

History is in the making Saturday night as the UFC makes its way to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, for the very first time for UFC 208. The main event, featuring former bantamweight champ read news >>

Anderson Silva Wins, Decisions Derek Brunson (UFC 208 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Former middleweight champion Anderson Silva picked up his 34th career win on Saturday when he defeated Derek Brunson by unanimous decision at UFC 208. read news >>