#UFC London #Fabricio Werdum #Alexander Volkov #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Conor McGregor #Tony Ferguson #UFC 223 #Holloway vs. Edgar #K-1 #Rose Namajunas #Luke Rockhold

Henry Cejudo: 'I'm The One To Beat Demetrious Johnson' | MMAWeekly.com

Olympic gold medalist in freestyle wrestling Henry Cejudo made his mixed martial arts debut in March 2103. After winning his first six fights, he was signed by the UFC. He won his first four fights inside the Octagon, moving his unbeaten record to 10-0.

He earned a title fight against champion Demetrious Johnson in April 2016 and was finished inside of two minutes. Despite the quick loss to “DJ,” Cejudo believes that he’s the fighter to dethrone the pound-for-pound kingpin.

“When I fought Demetrious, I was only in MMA for exactly three years, and I’m still growing as a fighter. I never did amateurs in mixed martial arts. I went straight pro, and I was kind of in the fast lane a little bit,” Cejudo said during the UFC 215 post-fight press conference.

Henry Cejudo“I’m the one. I know I’m the one. I have the style. I have the wrestling. I know I’m the one to beat Demetrious Johnson,” added the 30-year-old Californian.

Cejudo dominated former title challenger Wilson Reis at UFC 215.  Following the win, he stated that  wants another crack at the flyweight champion, but isn’t pushing for it to be his next fight. He expects to have to have another fight before facing Johnson a second time, but is focused on taking the belt from the only fighter to ever hold the UFC flyweight championship.

“I don’t just want to fight Demetrious, I want to beat him. He’s been on my mind since he beat me. I’m a competitor man. For me to get stopped in front of 20,00 people, it hurts. I think about it a lot,” he said. “That’s who I have to beat. Not just fight, beat.”

A fight is a fight, and anything can happen. Any professional fighter is one punch away from a loss, or a win. Cejudo insisted that he’s the one to take the belt from Johnson.

“Anyone has that fighter’s chance, but I still believe that I have the style to eventually beat him. I truly do believe that,” he said.

Demetrious Johnson Fights

• a year ago

Henry Cejudo Fights

• a year ago

Olympic Champion Kyle Snyder Offers to Help Conor McGregor Get Ready for Khabib Nurmagomedov | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor may have just found the best wrestling coach possible to help him out should he end up facing Khabib Nurmagomedov in his return to the UFC read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Still Targeting TJ Dillashaw at UFC 226 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson, despite talks quieting down, is still targeting a champion vs. champion match-up with bantamweight titleholder TJ Dillashaw at UFC 226 in July. read news >>

CM Punk Claims He's Returning at UFC 225 in Chicago | MMAWeekly.com

Former WWE superstar CM Punk appears to be ready for his second UFC fight. On Monday, Punk responded to a fan over Twitter and revealed that he's planning on his next fight taking place on June 9 — t read news >>

Scott Coker Addresses Controversy Around Mirko Cro Cop Signing | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator president Scott Coker defends his controversial signing of Mirko "Cro Cop" to fight Roy Nelson at Bellator 200 in London. read news >>

Benson Henderson vs. Roger Huerta New Bellator 196 Headliner Following Injury | MMAWeekly.com

Following an injury to original headliner James Gallagher, Benson Henderson vs. Roger Huerta has been elevated to the Bellator 196 main event. read news >>

Yoel Romero Confirms Rematch Against Robert Whittaker Planned for UFC 225 | MMAWeekly.com

It looks like Yoel Romero will get his second shot at gold when he faces Robert Whittaker at UFC 225 in Chicago on June 9. read news >>

Rich Franklin's ONE Warrior Series: First Fighter Tryouts in Japan at Ryo Chonan's Academy | MMAWeekly.com

In the latest ONE Warrior Series episode, an applicant who once competed against former ONE Strawweight World Champion Yoshitaka Naito tries out in Tokyo. read news >>

UFC Champ Stipe Miocic Stands Firm as a Firefighter in Latest Modelo Spot | MMAWeekly.com

Despite being the winningest UFC heavyweight champion ever, Stipe Miocic holds firm that he will remain a firefighter paramedic. read news >>

Stevie Ray Found Out the Hard Way that Free Agency Doesn't Work For Everybody | MMAWeekly.com

Stevie Ray speaks about fighting out his UFC contract in hopes of flourishing in free agency but the plan backfired and left him sidelines for most of 2017 read news >>

Ronda Rousey Essentially Closes the Door on Ever Returning to the UFC Again | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey really doesn't like the word retirement but by all accounts she's put her fighting career behind her once and for all. Just after signing her new multi-year contract to join World Wrestl read news >>

Ben Askren Predicts That He'll Fight Georges St-Pierre in 2019 | MMAWeekly.com

After defending his ONE welterweight title in November, Ben Askren retired, but left the door open for a return if it's against someone like Georges St-Pierre. read news >>

UFC London: Fabricio Werdum vs. Alexander Volkov - The Jimmy Smith Preview | MMAWeekly.com

UFC broadcast Jimmy Smith breaks down the Fabricio Werdum vs. Alexander Volkov UFC London headlining match-up. read news >>

Irish Prime Minister Wouldn't Count Conor McGregor Out as a Politician | MMAWeekly.com

If Conor McGregor wanted to enter politics, Ireland's current Prime Minister, Leo Varadkar, wouldn't count him out. read news >>

Cynthia Calvillo Handed 9 Month Suspension for Marijuana By Nevada Commission | MMAWeekly.com

UFC strawweight Cynthia Calvillo will be sidelined until at least Sept. 30 after she was handed a nine-month suspension from the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday. The suspension stems from read news >>

Michal Oleksiejczuk Suspended One Year, UFC 219 Win Overturned by Nevada Commission | MMAWeekly.com

Michal Oleksiejczuk has been suspended for one year after testing positive for a banned substance surrounding his last fight at UFC 219 in Las Vegas. On Tuesday, the Nevada State Athletic Commission read news >>

Luke Rockhold, Michael Bisping Get Into Another Expletive Filled War of Words | MMAWeekly.com

Longtime rivals Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping were firing shots at each other once again on Tuesday night with the two former middleweight champions exchanging several expletive filled messages o read news >>

Search for: