#UFC on Fox 26 #Rafael dos Anjos #Robbie Lawler #Mike Perry #Santiago Ponzinibbio #Jared Cannonier #Josh Emmett #Ricardo Lamas #Alessio Di Chirico #Oluwale Bamgbose #Glover Teixeira #Misha Cirkunov #Abel Trujillo #John Makdessi #Julian Marquez

Olympic gold medalist in freestyle wrestling Henry Cejudo made his mixed martial arts debut in March 2103. After winning his first six fights, he was signed by the UFC. He won his first four fights inside the Octagon, moving his unbeaten record to 10-0.

He earned a title fight against champion Demetrious Johnson in April 2016 and was finished inside of two minutes. Despite the quick loss to “DJ,” Cejudo believes that he’s the fighter to dethrone the pound-for-pound kingpin.

“When I fought Demetrious, I was only in MMA for exactly three years, and I’m still growing as a fighter. I never did amateurs in mixed martial arts. I went straight pro, and I was kind of in the fast lane a little bit,” Cejudo said during the UFC 215 post-fight press conference.

Henry Cejudo“I’m the one. I know I’m the one. I have the style. I have the wrestling. I know I’m the one to beat Demetrious Johnson,” added the 30-year-old Californian.

Cejudo dominated former title challenger Wilson Reis at UFC 215.  Following the win, he stated that  wants another crack at the flyweight champion, but isn’t pushing for it to be his next fight. He expects to have to have another fight before facing Johnson a second time, but is focused on taking the belt from the only fighter to ever hold the UFC flyweight championship.

“I don’t just want to fight Demetrious, I want to beat him. He’s been on my mind since he beat me. I’m a competitor man. For me to get stopped in front of 20,00 people, it hurts. I think about it a lot,” he said. “That’s who I have to beat. Not just fight, beat.”

A fight is a fight, and anything can happen. Any professional fighter is one punch away from a loss, or a win. Cejudo insisted that he’s the one to take the belt from Johnson.

“Anyone has that fighter’s chance, but I still believe that I have the style to eventually beat him. I truly do believe that,” he said.

Galleries

Demetrious Johnson Fights

• a year ago

Henry Cejudo Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Henry Cejudo Believes Demetrious Johnson Will Handle TJ Dillashaw When They Fight | MMAWeekly.com

(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) Flyweight contender Henry Cejudo doesn't mind if UFC bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw drops down to flyweight to get the next shot at 125-pound champ Demetri read news >>

Dana White: Demetrious Johnson vs. TJ Dillashaw Not Announced, but Will Happen | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White on Saturday night said the proposed superfight between Demetrious Johnson and TJ Dillashaw is going to happen. read news >>

Henry Cejudo Routes Sergio Pettis (UFC 218 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Henry Cejudo used his wrestling pedigree to dominate Sergio Pettis at UFC 218. read news >>

Watch the UFC Fight Night Sydney Post-Fight Press Conference After The Event | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura post-fight press conference live following tonight's event in Sydney, Australia. read news >>

Frank Camacho Edges Damien Brown in All-Out Brawl (UFC Sydney Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the fight highlights from the bout between Frank Camacho and Damien Brown at UFC Fight Night 121 in Sydney, Australia. It was a brawl! read news >>

Tai Tuivasa Finishes Rashad Coulter with Flying Knee KO (UFC Sydney Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the fight highlights from the heavyweight bout between Tai Tuivasa and Rashad Coulter at UFC Fight Night 121 in Sydney, Australia. read news >>

Nik Lentz Chokes Will Brooks Into Submission (UFC Sydney Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

(Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out the fight highlights from the lightweight bout between Nik Lentz and Will Brooks at UFC Fight Night read news >>

Ryan Benoit Scores Head-Kick KO Over Ashkan Mokhtarian (UFC Sydney Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

(Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out the fight highlights from the bout between Ryan Benoit and Ashkan Mokhtarian at UFC Fight Night 121 read news >>

Alexander Volkanovski Dominates Shane Young (UFC Sydney Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

(Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out the highlights from the bout between Alexander Volkanovski and Shane Young from UFC Fight Night 121 read news >>

Elias Theodorou Decisions Dan Kelly (UFC Syndey Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

(Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out the highlights from the middleweight bout between Elias Theodorou and Dan Kelly from UFC Fight Night read news >>