#Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 83 #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #Luke Rockhold #Michael Bisping #David Branch #UFC 215 #Saturday Night Fights

Jon Fitch has a style that is extremely difficult to stop, but Johny Hendricks plans to do just that when they meet Friday at UFC 141.

“Everything that you’ve seen Jon Fitch do, don’t expect that,” Hendricks (Pictured) told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “That’s my game plan and that’s my goal. He’s a very dominant fighter. … He’s very technical at what he does and he’s very good at what he does. My goal is to not let that happen. I think I have game planned and I have done the right things to nullify everything that he can show me out there.”

Fitch is a grinder who just about always finds a way to win. Typically he outwrestles opponents and controls them from the top, but Hendricks is a pretty stellar wrestler himself. He was a two-time NCAA champion at Oklahoma State and he’s gone back to those roots ahead of his bout against Fitch.

“I was a physical wrestler in college,” Hendricks said. “That’s one thing I’m sort of getting back to, getting into that mindset I [had] in college. Go in there and win at all costs. I started going back to Oklahoma State because I fought Mike Pierce, who is a tough, strong wrestler. The only difference between him and Fitch is, I believe, that Pierce had knockout power.”

Hendricks does not sound concerned about Fitch’s striking. In fact, he expects to be the more dangerous fighter on the feet.

“That is in the forecast, to definitely put my left hand on him,” Hendricks said. “And I would like to see if I have knockout power in my right hand. That’s my main goal in this fight too, is to hit him with my right and see what kind of power I have in that.”

Hendricks sees the fight as a huge opportunity. Fitch is the No. 2 welterweight in the world, and a win over him could earn Hendricks a title shot. Of course, talking about beating Fitch is one thing, but actually beating him in the UFC is something only Georges St. Pierre has done.

“All I’ve got to focus on is going in there, forcing my will and getting my hand raised on that Friday night,” Hendricks said. “Nothing else matters. It doesn’t matter if they say, ‘Johny, if you beat Jon Fitch, you get a title shot no matter what.’ It does not matter. I’ve got to focus on what’s going to happen during that fight and make sure that I get my hand raised.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 9:21).

Galleries

Johny Hendricks Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Demetrious Johnson plans to keep adding to UFC title defense record – because why would he stop at 11?

Champ Demetrious Johnson believes he still has plenty of competition in the UFC flyweight position.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

DJ plans to finish Borg on Saturday

Thursday at open workouts Demetrious Johnson spoke about his five-round championship conditioning. Johnson puts his belt on the line again when he takes on Ray Borg at UFC 215 on Saturday for the fly read news >>

UFC champ Amanda Nunes thinks she won 4 of 5 rounds, plans to take off rest of 2017

UFC women’s bantamweight champ Amanda Nunes has no doubt she dominated Valentina Shevchenko, winning four of five rounds in their rematch at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ronda Rousey mum on future plans, praises Shayna Baszler for WWE Mae Young Classic run

It’s the first time Ronda Rousey has been asked about her future on the record, and she provided a predictable response.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Luke Rockhold Plans Move to Light Heavyweight After Daniel Cormier Retires | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has some unfinished business in the UFC middleweight division, but it doesn't sound like the former champion plans on staying at 185 pounds that much longer. On Saturday night, Rockhold read news >>

Luke Rockhold labels Robert Whittaker 'true champion,' plans eventual move up to 205

Luke Rockhold is keeping his options open following a successful return to competition at UFC Fight Night 116.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC-Japan broadcast plans set for FXX, including Alan Jouban's analyst debut

UFC Fight Night 117 in Japan this weekend will feature the in-studio debut of a new fight analyst.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Early stop? Twitter reacts to Floyd Mayweather's TKO of Conor McGregor in 'The Money Fight'

Floyd Mayweather lived up to his end of the bargain tonight when he defeated Conor McGregor in “The Money Fight.” See how Twitter reacted to it.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

The Question: Why Did It Take Floyd Mayweather so Long to Stop Conor McGregor?

It was supposed to be a mismatch. But there was Conor McGregor on Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, peppering Floyd Mayweather's head and body with punches—outboxing the best read news >>

Grady Hurley Plans to Prove That He's the Real Deal in LFA 21 Co-Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Grady Hurley (16-1) will look to take his overall winning streak to 14 wins in a row when he makes his LFA debut against Kevin Holland (9-3) on Friday. read news >>