#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Saturday Night Fights #Conor McGregor #David Branch #DWTNCS #GGG #Nate Diaz #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping

Hector Lombard Pride Bushido 13
Former Bellator champion turned UFC middleweight Hector Lombard has now revealed he wasn’t nearly 100-percent as he headed into his Octagon debut against Tim Boetsch at UFC 149.

Following a lackluster performance that saw him come out on the losing end of a decision to Boetsch in July, Lombard now says that he actually went into the fight quite injured.

The injury will now force him to sit out an additional six-weeks before returning to training.

“I want to let all my fans know. I fought my last fight injured. I wasnt 100% sure but I went to the doctors, I have a fracture sternum with a torn cartilage,” Lombard wrote on his Facebook page on Wednesday.

“I got this injury in training for my fight with Tim Boetsch. I have to be out of training for 6 weeks, I should never have fought like that, but I didn’t want to let my fans and the UFC down.”

Lombard came into his UFC debut on a 25-fight unbeaten streak, but it all came to an end with his loss to Boetsch in Canada at UFC 149.

The American Top Team Fighter will now look to recover from the injury as he tries to get back on the right path in the middleweight division in the UFC.

It’s unknown at this time when Lombard would be available to fight again before the close of 2012.

Comments

Dana White: 'Not the Fight I was Expecting' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White felt like the fight that Conor McGregor fought against Floyd Mayweather was something different than he expected. read news >>

Joby Sanchez Has Fought His Way Back To The UFC | MMAWeekly.com

After being released from the UFC following The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale in late 2015, flyweight Joby Sanchez has fought his way back to the organization. read news >>

Rory MacDonald's all-caps Reddit AMA included a Robbie Lawler PED accusation

Former UFC welterweight title challenger and current Bellator contender Rory MacDonald didn’t hold back during today’s Reddit AMA.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 215 results: Rick Glenn overwhelms Gavin Tucker, who earns no mercy from referee

Eleven-year veteran Rick Glenn turned in one of the best performances of his career, battering a previously undefeated Gavin Tucker.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Sarah Moras got period, turned down shift delivering mail, got big UFC 215 win

UFC 215 was an emotional night for Sarah Moras. She returned after a two-year layoff, got her first UFC victory since 2014, and did it all after walking out to a song that her late father loved.Filed read news >>

Lopez completes destiny with UFC contract

Benito Lopez fought the fight of his life on Aug. 22, but even with that gritty 3-round split decision on the 8th week of the Contender Series, Lopez didn’t know if it was enough to earn a UFC contra read news >>

Why UFC-Pittsburgh's Anthony Smith views Hector Lombard fight as 'no-win situation'

Anthony Smith thinks Hector Lombard is the most recognizable name he’s ever faced, but it’s still not the fight he wanted: “His reputation is far greater than he is right now.”Filed under: News, UFC, read news >>

Anthony Smith Continues Hector Lombard’s Downward Spiral (UFC Pittsburgh Fight Highlights)

What slow start? Lionheart with the finish against Lombard! #UFCPittsburgh — FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) September 17, 2017 (Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights read news >>

UFC-Pittsburgh results: Anthony Smith starts slow but blasts Hector Lombard in 3rd

Anthony Smith didn’t exactly inspire for the opening two rounds of his clash with Hector Lombard, but he turned it on in the third.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier Tells TMZ He Wants to Fight Jon Jones Again

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier revealed he would be happy to fight Jon Jones for a third time. Jones was stripped of the title he won against Cormier at UFC 214 after the bout was rule read news >>