Former Bellator champion turned UFC middleweight Hector Lombard has now revealed he wasn’t nearly 100-percent as he headed into his Octagon debut against Tim Boetsch at UFC 149.
Following a lackluster performance that saw him come out on the losing end of a decision to Boetsch in July, Lombard now says that he actually went into the fight quite injured.
The injury will now force him to sit out an additional six-weeks before returning to training.
“I want to let all my fans know. I fought my last fight injured. I wasnt 100% sure but I went to the doctors, I have a fracture sternum with a torn cartilage,” Lombard wrote on his Facebook page on Wednesday.
“I got this injury in training for my fight with Tim Boetsch. I have to be out of training for 6 weeks, I should never have fought like that, but I didn’t want to let my fans and the UFC down.”
Lombard came into his UFC debut on a 25-fight unbeaten streak, but it all came to an end with his loss to Boetsch in Canada at UFC 149.
The American Top Team Fighter will now look to recover from the injury as he tries to get back on the right path in the middleweight division in the UFC.
It’s unknown at this time when Lombard would be available to fight again before the close of 2012.
While the UFC has often talked about a women's 125-pound division, Bellator is going full steam ahead and plans to crown a flyweight champion this year. read news >>
The UFC Athlete Outfitting partnership with Reebok hit many fighters hard in the pocket in terms of sponsorship dollars. Veteran light heavyweight Ryan Bader said he was one of them.Filed under: Bell read news >>
The Bellator women’s flyweight division just got bigger with the signings of five fighters in addition to former UFC title contender Valerie Letourneau.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>
Former UFC title challenger Rory MacDonald makes his promotional debut at Bellator 179. "I'm gonna be a problem for every fighter in the Bellator cage." read news >>
One of the marquee British stars slated for this month’s Bellator 179 fight card in London has been forced to withdraw due to injury.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>
It appears that UFC 213 may have lost its expected headlining bout between Cody Garbrandt and TJ Dillashaw. read news >>
UFC president Dana White revealed the gate and attendance numbers from UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos 2 during the event's post-fight press conference. read news >>
Photo by ?Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports? Last year when Zuffa, LLC sold the UFC to Hollywood mega-talent agency WME|IMG for $4 billion—$3,998,000,000 more than Zuffa had paid for it just 15 years earli read news >>
If UFC Hall of Famers Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes want to stage comebacks, Bellator President Scott Coker is certainly willing to hear them out.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>
Joseph Benavidez today announced he has suffered an undisclosed injury, which has forced him to withdraw from his fight against Ben Nguyen at UFC Fight Night 110.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>