#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Phoenix Fight Night #Vengeance Fighting Alliance #Duelo De Giagantes

Hector Lombard is a man who knows what -- and who -- he wants.

The former Bellator middleweight ruler called out Michael Bisping in an interview with Fox Sports following Lombard’s first-round stoppage of Rousimar Palhares at UFC on FX 6 in Gold Coast, Australia.

“Bisping, please. I want a piece of him. I don’t want to talk. Let’s talk in the cage. He bothers me,” said Lombard (Pictured, file photo). “If I can’t fight Bisping, Mark Munoz, you’re next in line. I hope the UFC gives me the opportunity. I want to fight in the next couple of months, right away. I’m healthy. I don’t have any injuries, and I’m ready.”

A Cuban-born Australian fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla., Lombard made his long-awaited UFC debut in July, only to suffer a lackluster split decision loss to Tim Boetsch at UFC 149. Lombard says he still takes issue with that verdict, which served as the 34-year-old’s first defeat since November 2006.

“It bothers me a lot,” said Lombard of the setback. “It wasn’t my best performance, but every single person [I’ve talked to] who watched the fight has been saying that I won.”

Against Palhares, “Lightning” left nothing to chance, carefully gauging his distance while he searched for an opportunity to unload his powerful punches upon the torso of “Toquinho.” Lombard stalked Palhares across the cage for the first half of the opening round before dropping him with a combination, at which time he pounced in search of a finish but instead ended up in Palhares’ dangerous guard.

“I was fine,” said Lombard of his decision to follow Palhares to the floor. “I told everybody that my ground game is fine, but I don’t like to take the fight to the ground. I like to stand up and knock people out.”

That is exactly what the hard-hitting southpaw did, not long after returning to his feet, as Lombard caught his retreating opponent with a stiff right hook and followed with a short left uppercut that put Palhares down. A trio of coffin-nail punches would follow from the former Olympic judoka, relieving the Brazilian of his consciousness 3:38 into the opening round. Predictably, the Australian crowd went wild, cheering their countryman to his first Octagon win.

“Every single time I fight in Australia, I please the crowd, so I’m pleased,” said Lombard. “I started my fighting career here, and my first fight was actually on the Gold Coast. You could tell how happy I was before the fight and after this win. Everything went perfect this time.”

Galleries

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Ex-champ Luke Rockhold calls UFC 217 headliner between Michael Bisping, Georges St-Pierre 'a joke'

Luke Rockhold is fighting ex-WSOF champ David Branch at UFC Fight Night 116, but he’ll be ready if there’s a shuffle at the top of UFC 217.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

One UFC middleweight standout's take on Georges St-Pierre vs. Michael Bisping

There’s been a fair amount of hand-wringing over the upcoming UFC middleweight title bout between Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping, but UFC middleweight Brad Tavares takes no issue with it. File read news >>

Rafael Dos Anjos Calls Out Tyron Woodley, the UFC Champ Responds On Air | MMAWeekly.com

After dispatching of Neil Magny, Rafael Dos Anjos took aim at UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley. read news >>

UFC Unfiltered Episode: Kamaru Usman and UFC 215 Recap

The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman, calls in to talk to Jim and Matt about his UFC Fight Night Pittsburgh bout against Sergio Moraes, and a lot more. Plus, the guys recap all the action from Edmont read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115's Siyar Bahadurzada calls out already-booked Matt Brown

On the heels of an impressive win at UFC Fight Night 115, a hyped-up Siyar Bahadurzada called out Matt Brown, who’s currently booked to meet Diego Sanchez.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

A for effort, D- for execution: Michael Bisping tries Valentina Shevchenko's nifty dance moves

UFC middleweight champion and UFC 215 commentator Michael Bisping gave it a solid effort, even if the results left something to be desired.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Why UFC-Pittsburgh's Anthony Smith views Hector Lombard fight as 'no-win situation'

Anthony Smith thinks Hector Lombard is the most recognizable name he’s ever faced, but it’s still not the fight he wanted: “His reputation is far greater than he is right now.”Filed under: News, UFC, read news >>

Jon Jones stripped, Daniel Cormier reinstated as champion after UFC 214 result overturned

Daniel Cormier calls the UFC’s decision to strip Jon Jones and award the title back to him “the right thing to do.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping Believes Jon Jones Should Be Banned for Life | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping probably has more right than anybody in the UFC to hate fighters who cheat and use performance enhancing drugs. Throughout his own career in the Octagon, Bisping has faced numerous fi read news >>

Alistair Overeem Calls Out Francis Ngannou, 'The Predator' Responds | MMAWeekly.com

If Francis Ngannou wants a shot at the UFC heavyweight title, he might have to go through Alistair Overeem first. The former title contender took to Twitter on Thursday to send a message to the fears read news >>