#Francis Ngannou #UFC 218 #UFC 220 #Alistair Overeem #Daniel Cormier #UFC Fight Night 124 #Bellator MMA #Conor McGregor #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Stipe Miocic

Heather Hardy’s Defiant Statement Following Bloody Bellator Loss

Heather Hardy left it all in the Bellator cage on Friday night: blood, sweat, and tears… but mostly blood.

The professional boxer, in her second MMA fight, went toe-to-toe with Kristina Williams, who was making her pro debut in the bout at Bellator 185 in Uncasville, Conn. She just couldn’t get into a rhythm, mostly because Williams was taking her out of her game, blasting Hardy with punches, elbows, and a kick that shattered the boxer’s nose.

Hardy walked out of the cage battered and bloody, and gave Williams the credit she deserved in a post-fight statement she issued via her Instagram account.

Heather Hardy Bellator 185“I’m sorry I let everyone down. I gave it my all out there, and I truly hope it showed. I’d rather lose then give y’all a boring fight because I appreciate every one of you… sponsors, coaches, friends, family and fans… and the worst part was knowing I couldn’t get the job done for all of you,” Hardy wrote.

“Congrats to a game Kristina Williams, who had an answer for everything I tried. OSU!”

Though it was a tough loss for Hardy, moving her professional MMA record to 1-1, she was also defiant in defeat. As difficult as it must be to accept her first loss – she is undefeated in her 21 professional boxing bouts – Hardy was resolute that she would continue her MMA quest.

“And in case everyone is wondering, YES, I will be back,” she continued. “Nothing will ever take the fight out of me, not even this broken nose. I knew coming into this new world I was taking a big risk, and this is all part of my journey. You’ve all heard how resilient I am. Now watch me bounce back.”

I’m sorry I let everyone down. I gave it my all out there, and I truly hope it showed. I’d rather lose then give y’all a boring fight because I appreciate every one of you… sponsors, coaches, friends, family and fans… and the worst part was knowing I couldn’t get the job done for all of you. . Congrats to a game Kristina Williams, who had an answer for everything I tried. OSU! . And incase everyone is wondering, YES, I will be back. Nothing will ever take the fight out of me, not even this broken nose. I knew coming into this new world I was taking a big risk, and this is all part of my journey. . You’ve all heard how resilient I am. Now watch me bounce back. Heat a special thank you to @bellatormma @dibellaent @shihandevon @danielgracie @fenix2317 #coachnick @jlewbags @hillimpact @dekalbmarkethall @foragersnyc for all your support

A post shared by Heather Hardy (@heathertheheat) on

Comments

Jimmy Smith explains departure from longtime Bellator commentary role

Longtime Bellator announcer Jimmy Smith surprisingly parted ways with the company, which left many questions about what exactly happened.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

Heather Hardy vs. Ana Julaton slated for Bellator 194

• a day ago

Bellator 194’s lineup has a new bout featuring some MMA fighters with pro-boxing backgrounds. read news >>

Best Bellator photos from September-October 2017: A blood-soaked Heather Hardy

MMAjunkie looks back at the best Bellator photos from September and October 2017 through the lenses of the promotion’s official photographers.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

'Big' John McCarthy 'Not Sure He'll Ever Return' to Refereeing, Joins Bellator

"Big" John McCarthy may or may not be done refereeing but going forward, fans are going to be hearing a lot of him rather than seeing a lot of him. On Tuesday afternoon, Bellator MMA President Scott read news >>

John McCarthy explains Bellator commentator move, plans to still officiate boxing

Jimmy Smith’s departure from Bellator set in motion John McCarthy’s return to color commentating. A chokehold also made an assist.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

'Big' John McCarthy Explains Why He's Moving from Refereeing to the Bellator Broadcast Booth | MMAWeekly.com

"Big" John McCarthy is no stranger to sitting behind the microphone but he's best known as the third man in the cage or ring for some of the biggest fights in the history of mixed martial arts. McCar read news >>

Best Bellator photos from November-December 2017: Globetrotting title fights

MMAjunkie looks back at the best Bellator photos from November and December through the lenses of the promotion’s official photographers.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator 192 Media Call: 'This One Isn't Rocket Science!' | MMAWeekly.com

Ahead of their respective bouts at Bellator 192; Douglas Lima, Rory MacDonald, Rampage Jackson, and Chael Sonnen faced each other in a media call. read news >>

Chael Sonnen won't retire with Bellator tournament win, will leave MMA 'face down and embarrassed'

Winning Bellator’s heavyweight grand prix would represent Chael Sonnen’s greatest achievement. Don’t expect him to retire after, though.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

No heavyweight tournament for Bellator 192's Rory MacDonald

It sounded like a bold idea, but Bellator welterweight title challenger Rory MacDonald won’t be participating in the promotion’s heavyweight tournament.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>