#UFC Fight Night 128 #Kevin Lee #Edson Barboza #Frankie Edgar #Cub Swanson #UFC Fight Night 57 #David Branch #Thiago Santos #Aljamain Sterling #Brett Johns #Conor McGregor #Siyar Bahadurzada #Corey Anderson

Heather Hardy’s Defiant Statement Following Bloody Bellator Loss

Heather Hardy left it all in the Bellator cage on Friday night: blood, sweat, and tears… but mostly blood.

The professional boxer, in her second MMA fight, went toe-to-toe with Kristina Williams, who was making her pro debut in the bout at Bellator 185 in Uncasville, Conn. She just couldn’t get into a rhythm, mostly because Williams was taking her out of her game, blasting Hardy with punches, elbows, and a kick that shattered the boxer’s nose.

Hardy walked out of the cage battered and bloody, and gave Williams the credit she deserved in a post-fight statement she issued via her Instagram account.

Heather Hardy Bellator 185“I’m sorry I let everyone down. I gave it my all out there, and I truly hope it showed. I’d rather lose then give y’all a boring fight because I appreciate every one of you… sponsors, coaches, friends, family and fans… and the worst part was knowing I couldn’t get the job done for all of you,” Hardy wrote.

“Congrats to a game Kristina Williams, who had an answer for everything I tried. OSU!”

Though it was a tough loss for Hardy, moving her professional MMA record to 1-1, she was also defiant in defeat. As difficult as it must be to accept her first loss – she is undefeated in her 21 professional boxing bouts – Hardy was resolute that she would continue her MMA quest.

“And in case everyone is wondering, YES, I will be back,” she continued. “Nothing will ever take the fight out of me, not even this broken nose. I knew coming into this new world I was taking a big risk, and this is all part of my journey. You’ve all heard how resilient I am. Now watch me bounce back.”

I’m sorry I let everyone down. I gave it my all out there, and I truly hope it showed. I’d rather lose then give y’all a boring fight because I appreciate every one of you… sponsors, coaches, friends, family and fans… and the worst part was knowing I couldn’t get the job done for all of you. . Congrats to a game Kristina Williams, who had an answer for everything I tried. OSU! . And incase everyone is wondering, YES, I will be back. Nothing will ever take the fight out of me, not even this broken nose. I knew coming into this new world I was taking a big risk, and this is all part of my journey. . You’ve all heard how resilient I am. Now watch me bounce back. Heat a special thank you to @bellatormma @dibellaent @shihandevon @danielgracie @fenix2317 #coachnick @jlewbags @hillimpact @dekalbmarkethall @foragersnyc for all your support

A post shared by Heather Hardy (@heathertheheat) on

Comments

Josh Barnett Issues Statement After Arbitrator Rules He is 'Not a Drug Cheat' | MMAWeekly.com

Josh Barnett issued a statement after an independent arbitrator ruled a failed drug test from a year and a half ago was from a contaminated substance, saying that Barnett is not a drug cheat. read news >>

UFC issues statement in wake of Conor McGregor bus attack, says consequences will follow

The UFC has issued a formal statement on the events that took place at a media day today in support of UFC 223. read news >>

Bellator 196: Benson Henderson - In Focus | MMAWeekly.com

Get to know Benson "Smooth" Henderson before he headlines Bellator 196 on April 6 against Roger Huerta. read news >>

Video: Impressive last-second reverse triangle-choke submission opens Cage Warriors 92

Darren O’Gorman left Salih Kulucan no choice but to tap out with his feet. read news >>

Behind the scenes of Fedor Emelianenko, Frank Mir training camps before Bellator 198

Bellator’s heavyweight tournament will continue in a month when a pair of legends finally meet. Go behind the scenes inside. read news >>

Teodor Nikolov steps in on short notice to meet Adam Borics in Bellator 196 co-main event

The shuffling has continued for Adam Borics at next week’s Bellator 196, but at least now he knows he’s staying on the card. read news >>

Cheick Kongo returns against Javy Ayala at Bellator 199 in San Jose

A heavyweight bout between Javy Ayala and Cheick Kongo has been added to May’s Bellator 199 lineup. read news >>

Champ Ryan Bader reveals planned weight for Bellator heavyweight tourney

Ryan Bader competes up a weight class for the first time in his career when he participates in the Bellator Heavyweight World Grand Prix. read news >>

Bellator 196's Devon Brock already beat a Gracie; how about 'Baby Slice' next?

Devon Brock is just fine with picking off the family trees of MMA icons. read news >>

James Gallagher wants return at Bellator 200: 'Card won't be complete until I'm on it'

Bellator featherweight prospect James Gallagher is seeking a late-May return to competition, and he knows exactly which card he wants on. read news >>

The Most Exciting Newcomers in the UFC Right Now

The top of the UFC starscape is so windswept, there's nothing left to sweep. It's just wind. Conor McGregor is a ghost, trapped in some celebrity netherworld... read news >>

Former Bellator title challenger Arlene Blencowe puts MMA career on hold for boxing match

Former Bellator title challenger Arlene Blencowe will return to competition next month, but it won’t be in an MMA fight. read news >>

Just 2-0 as pro, Bellator's Tywan Claxton already wants McKee, Pico, Gallagher or Freire

Tywan Claxton has made an impression with back-to-back finishes to kick off his Bellator run, but he’s eager to show there’s more where that came from. read news >>

Michael Chiesa Fires Back at Critics of Ronda Rousey After She Left the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Chiesa fully supports Ronda Rousey's decision to change career as she leaves the UFC and embarks on a new journey as part of World Wrestling Entertainment. In fact, Chiesa was ringside the ni read news >>

Ed Ruth gets new Bellator 196 opponent and contracted weight

Ed Ruth has received a new opponent with less than two weeks to go until Bellator 196. read news >>

Sean Grande returns to broadcast booth for 'one night only' at Bellator 196

Bellator fans will hear a recognizable voice on play-by-play duties next month at Bellator 196 when Sean Grande returns for “one night only.” read news >>

Search for: