#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 120 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #TJ Dillashaw #Cody Garbrandt #Dustin Poirier #Anthony Pettis #Fight One #Colby Covington

Heather Hardy left it all in the Bellator cage on Friday night: blood, sweat, and tears… but mostly blood.

The professional boxer, in her second MMA fight, went toe-to-toe with Kristina Williams, who was making her pro debut in the bout at Bellator 185 in Uncasville, Conn. She just couldn’t get into a rhythm, mostly because Williams was taking her out of her game, blasting Hardy with punches, elbows, and a kick that shattered the boxer’s nose.

Hardy walked out of the cage battered and bloody, and gave Williams the credit she deserved in a post-fight statement she issued via her Instagram account.

Heather Hardy Bellator 185“I’m sorry I let everyone down. I gave it my all out there, and I truly hope it showed. I’d rather lose then give y’all a boring fight because I appreciate every one of you… sponsors, coaches, friends, family and fans… and the worst part was knowing I couldn’t get the job done for all of you,” Hardy wrote.

“Congrats to a game Kristina Williams, who had an answer for everything I tried. OSU!”

Though it was a tough loss for Hardy, moving her professional MMA record to 1-1, she was also defiant in defeat. As difficult as it must be to accept her first loss – she is undefeated in her 21 professional boxing bouts – Hardy was resolute that she would continue her MMA quest.

“And in case everyone is wondering, YES, I will be back,” she continued. “Nothing will ever take the fight out of me, not even this broken nose. I knew coming into this new world I was taking a big risk, and this is all part of my journey. You’ve all heard how resilient I am. Now watch me bounce back.”

I’m sorry I let everyone down. I gave it my all out there, and I truly hope it showed. I’d rather lose then give y’all a boring fight because I appreciate every one of you… sponsors, coaches, friends, family and fans… and the worst part was knowing I couldn’t get the job done for all of you. . Congrats to a game Kristina Williams, who had an answer for everything I tried. OSU! . And incase everyone is wondering, YES, I will be back. Nothing will ever take the fight out of me, not even this broken nose. I knew coming into this new world I was taking a big risk, and this is all part of my journey. . You’ve all heard how resilient I am. Now watch me bounce back. Heat a special thank you to @bellatormma @dibellaent @shihandevon @danielgracie @fenix2317 #coachnick @jlewbags @hillimpact @dekalbmarkethall @foragersnyc for all your support

A post shared by Heather Hardy (@heathertheheat) on

Comments

Commission rep issues statement on Conor McGregor 'assault' at Bellator 187

The head of the commission that oversaw Friday’s Bellator 187 event has issued a statement regarding a fracas involving Conor McGregor.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

Heather Hardy says leaps and bounds improvement will be on display at Bellator 185

Heather Hardy’s MMA debut in June was a much-heralded one and a thrilling win, but she’s ready to show big leaps Friday at Bellator 185.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator 185 post-event facts: Heather Hardy suffers 1st combat sports loss

Check out all the facts, figures and footnotes from Bellator 185, which took place Friday in Uncasville, Conn.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator 185 results: Kristina Williams bloodies Heather Hardy for TKO upset

Kristina Williams put on a clinic against the heavily favored Heather Hardy, leaving the unbeaten pro boxer a bloody mess with a thrashed nose in the second round.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, New read news >>

Gegard Mousasi Bruised in Victory; Heather Hardy Breaks Face in Loss (Bellator 185 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Gegard Mousasi got roughed up, but walked away with a victory in a tough battle with Alexander Shlemenko at Bellator 185. Heather Hardy wasn't so lucky. read news >>

Anderson Silva Defiant After Doping Violation Forced Him Off UFC Shanghai | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva issued his first comments since being flagged for a potential UFC Anti-Doping Policy violation. Silva was slated to meet Kelvin Gastelum on Nov. 25 in read news >>

Twitter reacts to Kristina Williams' bloody upset TKO of Heather Hardy at Bellator 185

See the top Twitter reacts to Kristina Williams’ win over Heather Hardy at Bellator 185.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Gegard Mousasi Tells Haters of Bellator Debut 'They Can Suck It'

Gegard Mousasi's Bellator MMA debut this weekend left a lot of people feeling sour. Despite struggling to mount any offense on ex-champion Alexander Shlemenko because of bad swelling around his right read news >>

Referee Marc Goddard issues statement after Conor McGregor melee at Bellator 187

How did the man at the center of Friday’s Conor McGregor melee at Bellator 187 handle another sudden thrust into the spotlight? He’s as level-headed as always.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Feat read news >>

Diego Sanchez Issues Statement Following Matt Brown's Crushing Elbow Knockout | MMAWeekly.com

Following a crushing defeat courtesy of Matt Brown's elbow from hell, Diego Sanchez issued a statement on his career. read news >>