#UFC 216 #Conor McGregor #Nick Diaz #Tony Ferguson #Quinton Jackson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Rizin 7 #Michael Bisping

Travis Browne at UFC 135Travis Browne experienced defeat for the first time in his professional career at UFC on FX 5 on Friday night in Minneapolis, Minn.

Aggressive from the opening bell, Browne injured his left leg somewhere along the way, hampering his mobility and basically leaving him as a sitting duck for Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva. The big Brazilian took full advantage, rocking Browne with a hard right hand, powering him to the mat, and finishing him of with a few more punches for the TKO stoppage.

It appears that Browne’s aggressive, flashy variety of striking techniques were his own undoing in the fight.

He immediately went high with a spinning kick, which is a high-risk maneuver that may have been the cause of his injury.

“I think it was like the first kick I threw, my left hamstring popped like three times,” explained Browne at the UFC on FX 5 post-fight press conference.

He refused to use it as an excusive, however, adding, “Putting that aside, Bigfoot came out, he won the fight. I don’t wanna take anything away from Bigfoot. He came out, he kept all eyes on something that he saw, and he won the fight.”

As humble as he was, the Hawaiian heavyweight had a bitter side to him as well.  The bitter pill of defeat didn’t sit well in his stomach.

“All this does is motivate the Hell out of me,” Browne declared. “I’m still the same fighter, but I’m gonna come back even more pissed off and harder this time. I (expletive) hate losing.”

It was too soon to know the full extent of Browne’s injury at the post-fight press conference, but regardless of the details, the defeat stoked his fighting spirit.

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all of your UFC on FX 5 fight coverage.

Galleries

Travis Browne Fights

• 7 months ago

Comments

'Shogun' Rua reveals struggle to try to keep UFC-Japan spot after knee injury early in camp

Ex-UFC champ Mauricio “Shogun” Rua apologized to the fans and opponent Ovince Saint Preux after pulling out of UFC Fight Night 117 in Japan.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

3 reasons Edmond Tarverdyan pushing for Ronda Rousey to fight Cris Cyborg is troubling

Ronda Rousey’s coach believes it’s 50-50 she fights again, but his preferred opponent forces us to wonder what his true motives might be.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Patricky Freire says he should get title shot before Michael Chandler

Bellator lightweight Patricky “Pitbull” Freire believes he’s earned the right to cut the line of contenders at 155 pounds.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Back injury knocks Paige VanZant out of flyweight fight vs. Jessica Eye at UFC 216

An injury has forced Paige VanZant out of her flyweight debut against Jessica Eye at UFC 216 in Las Vegas. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

VanZant forced out of 216 bout with Eye

Due to injury, Paige VanZant has been forced to withdraw from her UFC 216 bout against Jessica Eye on Oct. 7. read news >>

Mueller believes she can be champ

“I feel like I’m so blessed that I found MMA and realized this is my calling,” she said. “I feel like I’m not just gonna be good at this; I truly believe that I’m going to be great and going to be a read news >>

Crowder believes fighting for the fans is most important

“The fans are the most important, that’s who we’re out there fighting for,” Crowder said. “Without them, we’re beating each other up for no reason. You want to have a good fan base, you want people f read news >>

Conor McGregor Believes He'd Beat Floyd Mayweather in a Rematch | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor is a man who learns from his mistakes. Much like avenging his loss to Nate Diaz in March 2016 by returning with a victory five months later in the rematch, McGregor has that same feeli read news >>

Kevin Lee: Tony Ferguson's toughness just means he'll 'take a longer ass-whooping' at UFC 216

Kevin Lee believes Tony Ferguson is done evolving as a fighter, “and if you stop evolving, you start dying.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Injury-Free Pat Curran Aching to Overcome a Broken Couple of Years at Bellator 184 | MMAWeekly.com

On October 6 in Thackerville, Oklahoma, Pat Curran (22-7) takes on John Teixeira (21-2-2) in a main card 145-pound bout at Bellator 184. read news >>