#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Bellator 185 #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Jan Blachowicz #Devin Clark #Kristina Williams #Ramazan Emeev #Sam Alvey #Oskar Piechota

Australian fighter Gustavo Falciroli didn’t get the chance to be on the new edition of TUF: The Smashes, but facing top ten bantamweight Bibiano Fernandes is a great consolation prize.

Falciroli talked to MMAWeekly.com recently about facing Fernandes in the upcoming ONE FC: Pride of a Nation show in August, and had no trepidation about fighting one of the top fighters at 135lbs.

MMAWeekly: You were hoping to get on TUF as a lightweight but there was a problem with your citizenship, can you tell us what happened there?

Gustavo Falciroli: To tell you the truth, I don’t really want to talk about it because I’m very happy to be with ONE FC now and that is what I’m focusing on.

MMAW: What was your initial reaction when you heard ONE FC wanted you to fight Fernandes?

GF: My reaction was the same as it would be to any offer. I never choose my opponent, my job is to fight, so, if the offer is right and I have enough time to prepare myself I will fight against anyone in the world.

MMAW: Do you feel like this will be the biggest fight of your career?

GF: Every next fight is the biggest of my career and this one is no different but I am looking forward to fighting in front of 16,000 people, I was at the press conference and it was huge. It’s gonna be an enjoyable show and OneFC is really big.

MMAW: He is ranked top ten in most places, does the prospect of potentially overtaking him excite you?

GF: A fight is a fight and I respect every opponent that I’m facing and nothing will change my perspective on that. A win is always a win, it doesn’t matter who it is against.

MMAW: At the press conference you looked a lot taller than him, do you think your height and reach could make a big difference in this fight?

GF: We are only gonna see about that after the bell!

MMAW: How did you enjoy your ONE FC debut?

GF: I was very happy that I could put in practice what I had trained for the fight and it was a such honour to be the first Aussie to fight at ONE FC, that might sounds a bit weird for a few people just because of the fact that I’m a Brazilian born guy but Australia has been my home for five years and my whole career I’ve fought out of Australia.

MMAW: Are you signed to ONE FC long term and if so are you hoping to challenge for the belt?

GF: To be the ONE FC champion is definitely one of my goals, but my main focus at the moment is on the fight of the 31st of August.

MMAW: How difficult is it for you to make 135, do you plan to stay there or do you think you will need to move up in weight eventually?

GF: I’m a professional fighter, so, cutting weight is part of the game, I’m bantamweight and there is where I want to keep fighting and I want to write my name on the history of the sport as a 135 lbs fighter.

MMAW: Have you seen many of Bibiano’s fights in the past and what do you think are his qualities and weaknesses as a fighter?

GF: I haven’t really watched him yet so I can’t say much.

MMAW: Where will you be training for this fight?

GF: I’ll be doing my camp all around Melbourne Gyms just as usual since I moved from Perth to here.

Comments

Floyd Mayweather says he didn't knock out Conor McGregor to protect him from brain damage

Floyd Mayweather apparently didn’t want to inflict more damage than was necessary to defeat Conor McGregor.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 medical suspensions: No tapping gets Yushin Okami 45 days

UFC veteran Yushin Okami didn’t appear to have much choice in the matter, but his lack of tap against Ovince Saint Preux brings a 45-day suspension.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bubba McDaniel replaces 'King Mo' against Liam McGeary at Bellator 185

It didn’t take long for Bellator to find a replacement opponent to step in against former champion Liam McGeary at Bellator 185.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Ray Borg coach credits John Dodson as key player in prep for UFC champ Demetrious Johnson

Ray Borg didn’t have to look far for advice on what it’s like to face UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 216 salaries: Tony Ferguson can net $500k with interim title win

Tony Ferguson has the chance to make half-a-million dollars with a win in the UFC 216 main event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov to new interim UFC champ Tony Ferguson: 'You deserve this belt'

Khabib Nurmagomedov’s history with Tony Ferguson didn’t stop him from congratulating the new UFC interim lightweight champ.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Did Mark Godbeer get the better end of the UFC 216 fight cancellation after all?

Even though he lost the chance to fight at UFC 216 at the last minute, did Mark Godbeer wind up getting the better end of the deal?Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Georges St-Pierre frightened a child in post-press conference altercation with Michael Bisping

Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre apparently didn’t get everything off their chests at today’s UFC 217 news conference in Toronto. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Eddie Alvarez talks 'TUF 26' gripe with Lauren Murphy – and lack of heat with Justin Gaethje

While “TUF 26” coach Eddie Alvarez didn’t exactly get along with team member Lauren Murphy, things went smoothly with rival coach Justin Gaethje: “He’s actually a hell of a human being.”Filed under: read news >>

UFC Newcomer Gets 2 Year Suspension from USADA Before Ever Stepping into the Octagon | MMAWeekly.com

Carlos Felipe never got the chance to make his UFC debut after the Brazilian newcomer was flagged for a doping violation by USADA and now he'll have to wait two more years before returning to action. read news >>