As a result of the deal, the fighter roster and assets of It's Showtime will now compete under the Glory World Series banner moving forward.
“By adding It’s Showtime, Glory has truly established itself as the No. 1 kickboxing league in the world. This is what the fans have been waiting for, and we are here to deliver it. Glory will soon announce a new series of events and a modernized tournament format for the rest of the year and for 2013,” said Marcus Luer, managing director of GSI. “The matchmaking possibilities will create some amazing fights and fans will truly see the best competing against the best across all weight classes. We are changing the landscape of this global sport.”
Previously known as Ultimate Glory and then United Glory, the promotion will henceforth be billed as Glory World Series, according to a promotion representative. In addition to featuring some of the world's best standup fighters since its inception over five years ago, the organization has also showcased some considerable MMA talent, including UFC veterans Ricco Rodriguez, Derrick Noble, David Bielkheden and Denis Stojnic, as well as current Octagon competitors John Alessio, Luis Ramos, Siyar Bahadurzada [pictured] and Alistair Overeem.
The promotion's most recent event took plays May 26 in Stockholm and featured two MMA bouts on the bill, as Swedish light heavyweight Ilir Latifi outpointed 38-year-old veteran Tony Lopez, while former M-1 talent Jason Jones submitted Austrian fighter Dritan Barjamaj in just 69 seconds.view original article >>
Rising Bellator star A.J. McKee’s plan is to win at Bellator 182, fight rival James Gallagher, and then stake his claim for a title shot. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>
Conor McGregor has gotten a vote of confidence from rival Nate Diaz leading into Saturday's fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. In an appearance on the Against All Odds with Cousin Sal podcast (h/t Th read news >>
The media attention and expected pay-per-view buys for Mayweather vs. McGregor did not directly translate into ticket sales Saturday.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
UFC president Dana White said Saturday's fight between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor drew 6.5 million pay-per-view buys in a conversation posted on Instagram by Mike Dice of Sports Illustrated: read news >>
If true, Mayweather vs. McGregor absolutely obliterates the Mayweather-Pacquiao total from 2015.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>
Dana White apparently revealed that Mayweather vs. McGregor shattered the old pay-per-view record. read news >>
Showtime executive Steven Espinoza projects “The Money Fight” in the “mid to high” four million range for the U.S. and Canada.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
Showtime executive vice president Stephen Espinoza told Bleacher Report's Jonathan Snowden on Friday that the Aug. 26 superfight between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather Jr. is "tracking" to gener read news >>
Nate Diaz, who is a UFC rival of Conor McGregor's, apparently wasn't impressed with the latter's effort in the boxing ring against Floyd Mayweather Jr. On his Instagram page Tuesday, Diaz said, "He p read news >>
The pay-per-view numbers for Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor continue to look good.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>