#Fight Night Stockholm #Alexander Gustafsson #Glover Teixeira #Colosseum #Conor McGregor #Mariusz Pudzianowski #Marcin Held #Damir Hadzovic #Volkan Oezdemir #Dynasty of Heroes #TKO #Reza Madadi #Nordine Taleb #Oliver Enkamp #Joaquim Silva

Gilbert Melendez at Strikeforce 20Gilbert Melendez makes his long awaited UFC debut on April 20, fighting for the UFC lightweight title against champion Benson Henderson.

The last reigning Strikeforce 155-pound titleholder has fought in every major MMA promotion on the planet outside of the UFC.  He’s competed in the WEC, Rumble on the Rock, Shooto, PRIDE, and Strikeforce, but it wasn’t until he signed with the UFC that he’s received the recognition he’s deserved.

“It’s crazy.  I’ve done a lot in the sport.  Still, you don’t get the credit until you’re a part of the UFC brand.  I can already see it just walking the streets the power of the UFC brand,” Meledenz said in a recent interview with former MMAWeekly.com Radio co-host Frank Trigg.

“It does feel good.  It feels good to get the respect. It’s a big milestone.  It’s quite an accomplishment just to say I’m fighting for the UFC title.  It will be even better to say I won it, but it is quite an accomplishment already,” he said.

Henderson (18-2) is arguably the toughest opponent Melendez has faced in his career.  He brings a diverse skill set and unparalleled conditioning.

“He doesn’t have the most devastating striking, the most devastating wrestling and grappling, but he transitions well and he’s a real mixed martial artist,” said Melendez about Henderson. “What he does best is he can put everything together really well.  A lot of guys are a little more predictable or do a certain strength and he’s a guy that puts it together.”

Melendez does feel he’s faces someone similar to Henderson three times before, Josh Thomson.

“I have been fighting Josh Thomson quite a bit.  He’s actually a guy like that as well, a real well-rounded mixed martial artist.  People usually have their strengths and Josh Thomson and him are guys that I feel are really good at putting it all together,” he said.

Melendez won’t know until he’s in the Octagon with Henderson at UFC on Fox 7 on April 20, but feels he sees some tendencies from Henderson that he can exploit.

“I can’t say I see his tells.  I usually get the feel while I’m out there.  I try to create reactions when I fight.  I try to make things happen,” said Melendez. “I try to make him bite, and I have my ideas to draw him into my fight, or to draw him into my fight.  But I do see some tendencies that he does, the way he circles, the way he plays with his hair.  There’s a couple of things I do see and that I want to capitalize on.

“You never really know until you lock horns with someone.  You know he has that good footwork.  You know he has that big kick.  You know he has that shot, but you don’t know when it’s coming.  The trick is to not be so scared of it, or wait for it.  People run away from the kick.  I’m not scared of the kick.  I’m not scared of the takedown.  I’m going to meet him head-on.”

Who ya got?! Are fighters picking Stipe Miocic or Junior Dos Santos in UFC 211's headliner?

First things first: You’ll have a hard time finding two headliners that fellow fighters like more than UFC 211’s Stipe Miocic and Junior Dos Santos.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, read news >>

Wait, is Chuck Liddell considering a UFC comeback? All depends on the opponent, trainer says

Based on a couple of Instagram posts these past few weeks, UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell looks like someone in search of a fight. And people have noticed. Here was Liddell throwing some serious elb read news >>

Vitor Belfort joins Montreal's Tristar Gym ahead of final octagon bout at UFC 212

Vitor Belfort is doing things a little bit differently ahead of what he’s decided will be the final fight of his UFC career next month at UFC 212.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Rory MacDonald: Bellator 179 In Focus Video | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC title challenger Rory MacDonald makes his promotional debut at Bellator 179. "I'm gonna be a problem for every fighter in the Bellator cage." read news >>

Jared Gordon: From Lookin' For a Fight to UFC Debut (UFC 211 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White: Lookin' For a Fight prospect Jared Gordon makes his UFC debut on Saturday, May 13, on the UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos 2 preliminary fight card. read news >>

After 'Fight of the Year' loss, Dooho Choi meets Andre Fili at UFC 214 in Anaheim

A featherweight bout between Dooho Choi and Andre Fili is the first official addition to July’s UFC 214 lineup.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Tim Elliott replaces Joseph Benavidez against Ben Nguyen at UFC Fight Night 110

Ben Nguyen didn’t have to wait long to get a new opponent after Joseph Benavidez announced Wednesday he was out of their scheduled flyweight bout at UFC Fight Night 110.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Wants To Be First Female To Hold Two UFC Belts | MMAWeekly.com

Strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk wants to be the first female fighter to hold two UFC belts. First, she'll have to get past Jessica Andrade at UFC 211. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre vs. Michael Bisping Talks Off; Yoel Romero to Get Title Shot

UFC President Dana White told Fox Sports Australia's UFC Fight Week that a planned middleweight title fight between Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping has been called off. According to Fox Sports read news >>

Video: Ahead of UFC 211, watch Stipe Miocic's first title defense vs. Alistair Overeem

Watch Stipe Miocic thrill his hometown crowd with his first title defense as he knocks out Alistair Overeem at UFC 203.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>