#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #Luke Rockhold #GGG #David Branch #DWTNCS #Conor McGregor #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping #Nate Diaz

Walel Watson Guard Ya GrillNo fighter even wants to wake up a couple of days after competing inside the Octagon, and suffering a loss to also find out they’ve been released from the UFC.

Bantamweight fighter Walel Watson went through that following his third loss in a row in the UFC, and now finds himself with the job of working his way back.

It’s a road a lot of fighters attempt to travel, but only a handful are successful at actually making it back, but Watson plans on being the exception to the rule and not just another ex-UFC fighter who could never return to the big show.

“I came up maybe a little bit early and if anything it just made me twice as hungry. I was hungrier than ever to get to the UFC, now that I got a little taste of it, I want more,” Watson told MMAWeekly.com.

One common theme that does tend to happen to a lot of ex-UFC fighters is kind of a hangover effect where once they are no longer under the bright lights in the Octagon, they have a hard time adjusting back to the regional circuit of MMA shows. Some fighters struggle to stay relevant and never make it back to the UFC.

Watson has no plans of suffering that kind of fate.

“Some guys get drunk on that UFC vibe and they can’t adjust and go back to the regional level and fight. Then there are guys like me, whose goals never change, and my goal is to be No. 1. Whether I’m fighting in the UFC or I’m fighting in a regional show, I have to display my skills and I have to show that I’m No. 1 no matter who’s watching or what the situation could be,” Watson stated.

Since leaving the UFC, Watson has already picked up one victory, and looks to make it two in a row with his bout Friday night in California.

He knows it’s going to take more than a couple of wins to get back on the radar of UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby, but through sheer hard work and determination he’s going to get there one way or another.

“My goal’s never changed to be No. 1 in the world,” said Watson. “So whether the world believes in me or not, I’m going to continue to move forward.”

Comments

UFC-Rotterdam bonuses: Zabit Magomedsharipov, Mairbek Taisumov earn $50K for finishes

Two impressive stoppage victories at UFC Fight Night 115 were worthy of $50,000 bonuses.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Aleksandar Rakic sees incoming 'new era' of UFC fighters: 'We are really hungry for it'

Aleksandar Rakic had never set foot in the octagon before UFC Fight Night 115, though you probably couldn’t tell by watching.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Finishes Earn Rafael dos Anjos and Henry Cejudo Bonus Checks (UFC 215 Bonuses) | MMAWeekly.com

Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the bonus winners from UFC 215: Nunes vs. Shevchenko 2 following Saturday's event in Edmonton, Canada. Rafael dos Anjos, Henry Cejudo, Jeremy Stephens and Gil read news >>

UFC-Pittsburgh bonuses: Mike Perry, Uriah Hall earn $50K for performances

Mike Perry won with a devastating knockout at UFC Fight Night 116 and pocketed an extra $50,000 for his effort.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Claudia Gadelha believes win vs. Jessica Andrade should earn new stab at UFC strawweight title

Claudia Gadelha says she preferred to be fighting someone coming off a win. But, set on fighting in Japan, she took what was available:Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ilir Latifi Punishes Tyson Pedro over Three Rounds to Earn Victory at UFC 215 | MMAWeekly.com

It was almost exactly one year ago that Ilir Latifi last stepped into the Octagon but he didn't look like he missed a step as he picked up a big win at UFC 215 on Saturday night. Latifi faced off wit read news >>

UFC 215 results: Henry Cejudo flawless in second-round striking stoppage of Wilson Reis

While Henry Cejudo is best known as an Olympic wrestling gold medalist, his striking looking absolutely world-class in a scintillating win over Wilson Reis.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Henry Cejudo Scores Big KO Over Wilson Reis to Remain in Title Contention (UFC 215 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Despite having lost his last two fights, Henry Cejudo immediately returned to title contention with a big knockout victory over Wilson Reis on Saturday. read news >>

UFC champ Demetrious Johnson's plan? It still involves Ray Borg – for now

Demetrious Johnson is waiting to see if his manager and the UFC can reschedule a fight with Ray Borg at UFC 216. But he can only wait so long. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 215 results: Rafael dos Anjos runs through Neil Magny to stake title claim

Former UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos may soon find himself challenging for a welterweight belt following an impressive first-round finish of Neil Magny.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>