#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Paul Daley #Lorenz Larkin #Ovince St. Preux #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Roy Nelson #Javy Ayala #Benson Henderson

Georgi Karakhanyan2012 was a big year for former Bellator featherweight Georgi Karakhanyan. Not only did he win all three of his MMA bouts, raising his winning streak to six, but he also branched out a bit into other combat sports as well.

“Last year I made (and won) my pro boxing debut, so that was something that was different,” said Karakhanyan. “Then I defended my Tachi Palace Fights belt and then I got a call to fight in Dream, which was a very cool experience to go out there and fight (and defeat) Hiroyuki Takaya.

“Overall it was a good year. I’m still not happy with it. There are a lot of mistakes I made in my fights. So that’s why I’m always training hard and hopefully this year will start off good.”

As Karakhanyan pointed out, while he had an undefeated year, he feels he could have done better, especially in his last couple MMA fights.

“Last year two of my fights went to decision and I don’t like going to decision; I like finishing fights,” he said. “Being able to grind someone out is something good to have, but I’m always looking to finish.”

Karakhanyan’s goal of finishing fights doesn’t get any easier in his first fight of 2013 when he makes his Legacy FC debut against UFC vet Din Thomas on Friday in Allen, Texas, live on AXS TV.

“Din is a tough fighter and has fought everywhere against the best opponents, and while some people may say he’s old or this or that, but I’m going in there thinking I’m going to face the Din Thomas that was in the UFC and I’m going to come prepared,” said Karakhanyan.

“I’m ready and I’m not going to underestimate anyone and if I go in there and fight my fight, I can beat anyone in the world.”

After expanding his game last year getting into boxing, Karakhanyan told MMAWeekly.com that it wouldn’t surprise him if he crossed over into other combat sports in 2013.

“I did the boxing to focus on my hands, and I’d like to do more boxing fights, but I’d like to get into more Muay Thai and kickboxing,” he said. “The K-1 style rules fights are pretty exciting and I’m a big fan of a lot of the K-1 fighters.

“If I could do both MMA and kickboxing at the same time, that’d be perfect for me.”

At the end of the day, it’s still MMA that is the driving force for Karakhanyan. And having built himself into a solid contender the past couple of years, he feels where he ends up should be a top tier promotion both in terms of opposition and pay.

“To tell you the truth, I want to go where they can pay me what I’m worth,” he said. “I’m doing this because I love fighting, but at the end of the day, it’s the paycheck that counts because I’m doing this for a living.

“I want to go somewhere I’m worth something and I get to fight top-quality opponents. Whether it’s the UFC or any other organization, it’s fighting where I’m worth the most the counts.”

Comments

Dana White: 'Not the Fight I was Expecting' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White felt like the fight that Conor McGregor fought against Floyd Mayweather was something different than he expected. read news >>

Why Michel Prazeres isn't mad about UFC champ Conor McGregor's absence

Looking to add a fifth win to his current winning streak on Saturday, lightweight Michel Prazeres has his sights on a rematch with contender Kevin Lee.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Alexander Volkov and UFC-Rotterdam's other winning fighters?

MMAjunkie’s Mike Bohn plays matchmaker for the UFC Fight Night 115 main card winners from Rotterdam, Netherlands.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 115 event in Rotterdam, Netherlands, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media. Check out some of those reactions.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Cain Velasquez praises Stipe Miocic's run as UFC heavyweight champ, expects 2018 return

Cain Velasquez, who is expecting his second child with his wife, has enjoyed extensive time with his family but is itching to fight again.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

TUF winner Suarez returns to face Pereira in Norfolk

Back in action for the first time since winning season 23 of The Ultimate Fighter in 2016, Tatiana Suarez will battle Brazil's Viviane Pereira in a UFC Fight Night bout in Norfolk, Virginia on Nov. 1 read news >>

UFC 215 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Check out the reactions of the winning and losing fighters, as well as their teammates, on social media after UFC 215.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Tony Martin Looking to Crack the Lightweight Rankings at UFC Pittsburgh | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Martin puts his winning streak on the line against Olivier Aubin-Mercier in a 155-pound bout at UFC Fight Night 116 on Saturday. read news >>

Pedro Munhoz vs. Rob Font added to UFC Fight Night 119 in Brazil

Pedro Munhoz will look to extend his winning streak in a hometown fight in Sao Paulo against Rob Font.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Sam Sicilia 'felt really heard' during Bellator contract negotiations, aims to start winning again

If contract negotiations were any indication, Sam Sicilia believes he’s going to settle in just fine with Bellator.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>