#Conor McGregor #Cris Cyborg #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #Angela Magana #Paul Daley #Jon Jones #UFC 202

Georgi Karakhanyan2012 was a big year for former Bellator featherweight Georgi Karakhanyan. Not only did he win all three of his MMA bouts, raising his winning streak to six, but he also branched out a bit into other combat sports as well.

“Last year I made (and won) my pro boxing debut, so that was something that was different,” said Karakhanyan. “Then I defended my Tachi Palace Fights belt and then I got a call to fight in Dream, which was a very cool experience to go out there and fight (and defeat) Hiroyuki Takaya.

“Overall it was a good year. I’m still not happy with it. There are a lot of mistakes I made in my fights. So that’s why I’m always training hard and hopefully this year will start off good.”

As Karakhanyan pointed out, while he had an undefeated year, he feels he could have done better, especially in his last couple MMA fights.

“Last year two of my fights went to decision and I don’t like going to decision; I like finishing fights,” he said. “Being able to grind someone out is something good to have, but I’m always looking to finish.”

Karakhanyan’s goal of finishing fights doesn’t get any easier in his first fight of 2013 when he makes his Legacy FC debut against UFC vet Din Thomas on Friday in Allen, Texas, live on AXS TV.

“Din is a tough fighter and has fought everywhere against the best opponents, and while some people may say he’s old or this or that, but I’m going in there thinking I’m going to face the Din Thomas that was in the UFC and I’m going to come prepared,” said Karakhanyan.

“I’m ready and I’m not going to underestimate anyone and if I go in there and fight my fight, I can beat anyone in the world.”

After expanding his game last year getting into boxing, Karakhanyan told MMAWeekly.com that it wouldn’t surprise him if he crossed over into other combat sports in 2013.

“I did the boxing to focus on my hands, and I’d like to do more boxing fights, but I’d like to get into more Muay Thai and kickboxing,” he said. “The K-1 style rules fights are pretty exciting and I’m a big fan of a lot of the K-1 fighters.

“If I could do both MMA and kickboxing at the same time, that’d be perfect for me.”

At the end of the day, it’s still MMA that is the driving force for Karakhanyan. And having built himself into a solid contender the past couple of years, he feels where he ends up should be a top tier promotion both in terms of opposition and pay.

“To tell you the truth, I want to go where they can pay me what I’m worth,” he said. “I’m doing this because I love fighting, but at the end of the day, it’s the paycheck that counts because I’m doing this for a living.

“I want to go somewhere I’m worth something and I get to fight top-quality opponents. Whether it’s the UFC or any other organization, it’s fighting where I’m worth the most the counts.”

UFC Unfiltered: Mike Perry, Tyron Woodley and Din Thomas

Mike Perry calls in off the heels of his highlight reel KO of Jake Ellenberger at UFC Fight Night Nashville. Later, UFC Welterweight champion Tyron Woodley joins for an impromptu conversation about h read news >>

Daniel Gallemore Confident in His Abilities Against Daniel James at Victory FC 57 | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Gallemore (6-3) will seek to keep his winning streak going when he takes on Daniel James (6-2-1) in the Victory FC 57 main event on Friday. read news >>

Sharky Slyter Looks to 'Dictate' Victory FC 57 Bout Against Daron McCant | MMAWeekly.com

Sharky Slyter (3-1) will seek to add to his current winning streak when he takes on Daron McCant (2-0) in a main card 145-pound bout at Victory FC 57. read news >>

Frankie Edgar Wants to Stay Winning at UFC 211 | MMAWeekly.com

Former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar wants to continue his winning ways when he takes on Yair Rodríguez on the UFC 211 main card on Saturday. TRENDING > Injury Forces Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pet read news >>

Demian Maia Split Decisions Jorge Masvidal, Earns Title Shot (UFC 211 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia extended his winning streak to seven consecutive fights on Saturday by defeating Jorge Masvidal by split decision at UFC 211 in Dallas, Texas. read news >>

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Stipe Miocic, Joanna Jedrzejczyk and UFC 211's other winning fighters?

After every event, fans wonder whom the winners will be matched up with next. And with another night of UFC action in the rearview mirror, it's time to look forward, put on a pair of Sean Shelby and read news >>

UFC 211 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 211 pay-per-view event in Dallas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check them out.Fil read news >>

Andrea Lee Plans Remains Aggressive in Pursuit of Invicta Flyweight Title Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Andrea Lee (6-2) will look to add to her winning streak when she returns to Invicta on Saturday to take on Liz Tracy (3-1) in a main card 125-pound bout. read news >>

Marc Stevens Titan FC 44 Game Plan: 'Put Robert Turnquest Away' | MMAWeekly.com

Marc Stevens (21-10) will seek to keep on the winning track in his first bout of 2017 against Robert Turnquest (6-3) in a 170-pound bout at Titan FC 44. read news >>

Despite Dana White's comments, Michael Bisping still 'expecting to fight' Georges St-Pierre

When Dana White announced he was nixing plans for a Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre middleweight title fight, he apparently did not keep either side of the fight in the loop when making the dec read news >>