#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #KSW 40 #Bellator 185 #MMA Rocks #Artem Lobov #Gegard Mousasi #Andre Fili #Alexander Shlemenko #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Norman Parke #Mariusz Pudzianowski #Kristina Williams #Conor McGregor

Georges St-Pierre left the UFC in Nov. 2013 at the top of the sport.

Yes, his final fight – a split decision over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 – controversially went St-Pierre’s way. Still, it marked his 12th consecutive overall victory and ninth straight welterweight title defense. He had wiped out his division and already was in the conversation for greatest of all time.

So why come back to challenge Michael Bisping for the middleweight title at UFC 217? St-Pierre says even after all he’s accomplished, he simply isn’t satisfied and still has a lot to show.

“Satisfaction is the deathtrap,” St-Pierre said in a Thursday interview with Sports Illustrated. “When you’re satisfied, you better retire. I’m not satisfied. I think I can do more, and I will prove it to everybody November 4th. I’m very happy. The sport has evolved, but I believe you haven’t seen the best out of me yet.”

That’s hard to believe now that St-Pierre is 36. And yet, he says it like he means it.

When St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) faces Bisping (30-7 MMA, 20-7 UFC) in the pay-per-view headliner at Madison Square Garden, it’ll be his first time competing outside the comfort of welterweight. That certainly figures to present a challenge in itself.

St-Pierre cautions Bisping not to expect the same ol’ “GSP.” Aggression, it seems, will be the name of his game.

“It’s much different. I got a lot more tools in my arsenal. I’ve been working on different things,” St-Pierre said. “If he’s expecting me the same as I was, it’s a big mistake on his part. I’m going to come out, and I want to shock the world. …

“I’m the challenger. I’m not the champion this time. So I have to take the fight to him. I have to expect that if I’m going to a decision, and the fight is close, it’s not going to go my way. So I’m going to go there, and I’m going to put everything I have to finish him, fight like there’s no tomorrow.”

That sounds unlike St-Pierre, who said not to mistake his words for desperation.

“We’re not desperate. I’m happy,” St. Pierre said. “I feel very blessed and fortunate to be in this position, and it’s a moment that a few people in the world are able to live. And I’m going to live that unique moment, and I will remember it for the rest of my life.

“But at the same time I need to put myself in the mindset that this unique moment, in order to make it in my favor as best as I can, I need to put in everything I got. Live like there is no tomorrow.”

For more on UFC 217, visit the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Champ Michael Bisping mostly walks back his Georges St-Pierre steroid comments on 'Conan'

Check out Michael Bisping’s comments to Conan O’Brien on his upcoming UFC 217 opponent, Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Bisping joins Conan to talk GSP & UFC 217

Michael Bisping joined Conan last night to discuss his upcoming fight against Georges St-Pierre and much more! Bisping will attempt to defend his middleweight belt for the second time as he and St-Pi read news >>

Bisping, GSP drop puck at Canadiens game Saturday

Georges St-Pierre, Michael Bisping and Dana White took part in a ceremonial puck drop before the Canadiens battled the Maple Leafs on Saturday night   By Hugo Fontaine, translated by Matt Cudz read news >>

Michael Bisping’s Most Memorable Moments

Michael Bisping defends his middleweight title for the second time against Canadian icon Georges St-Pierre at UFC 217 on Nov. 4 in New York City. Ahead of that huge event, we revisit his 13 most mem read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Needs to Stop Talking Trash | MMAWeekly.com

While Michael Bisping has earned a solid C+ for his trash talk, Georges St-Pierre just needs to stop. read news >>

Dana White Separates Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre in Toronto (UFC 217 Face-Off) | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is on a mission to crawl under the skin of Georges St-Pierre. It will have been four years since St-Pierre last fought when he enters the O read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre meet on the ice

The promotion continues for UFC 217’s headliner between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Fans Slam Michael Bisping at NHL Game | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping did not get a warm welcome from Georges St-Pierre's Canadian fans. read news >>

GSP and Michael Bisping Drop Puck at Hockey Game, Smack Talk Each Other on Ice

UFC 217 is coming down the pipe pretty quickly, and headliners Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre have indulged in quite a press tour in preparation for the Madison Square Garden showdown. This we read news >>

Michael Bisping Backtracks on Retirement | MMAWeekly.com

With less than a month to go until he fights Georges St-Pierre, Michael Bisping is backtracking on his intent to retire. read news >>