By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson 2 Announced for UFC 210: Details, Reaction

The UFC announced Wednesday that Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson will meet in a rematch of their May 2015 clash at UFC 210 in Buffalo, New York, on April 8. Cormier (18-1) secured a victory via su read news >>

Pena vs. Shevchenko Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

With Ronda Rousey's career possibly over, the UFC women's bantamweight division is officially trying to move on. The first step in doing so? Determining the next challenger for reigning champion Aman read news >>

Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 104

The Korean Zombie is back, ladies and gentlemen! After an incredibly long layoff, featherweight Chan Sung Jung overcame the odds and scored a gorgeous first-round knockout win at the expense of No. 9 read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Andrei Arlovski wasn't aiming for Francis Ngannou but isn't in business of picking opponents

DENVER – You get the sense UFC heavyweight Andrei Arlovski didn’t exactly want to fight Francis Ngannou. After all, a young, up-and-coming prospect offers little upside for a former champion fighting read news >>

Holm vs. de Randamie Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 208

UFC 208 welcomed a new name to the club of UFC champions, as Germaine de Randamie became the first champion of the women's featherweight division in the main event at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, read news >>

UFC 208 reaction: Did the judges get de Randamie-Holm right?

UFC.com’s Matt Parrino and NESN.com’s Andre Khatchaturian break down what happened in the five-round main event at UFC 208. The two discuss Germaine de Randamie’s performance, what’s next for Holly H read news >>

UFC 208 reaction: What to make of Anderson Silva's win

UFC.com’s Matt Parrino and NESN.com’s Andre Khatchaturian break down what happened in the Anderson Silva vs. Derek Brunson fight at UFC 208. Also, the two talk about Jacare Souza’s big win and what a read news >>

Cerrone vs. Masvidal Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

Donald Cerrone’s Cinderella march through the welterweight division encountered its first bit of adversity Saturday at UFC on Fox 23. Jorge Masvidal dashed Cerrone’s four-fight winning streak at 170 read news >>

Grasso vs. Herrig Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 104

Felice Herrig warned before UFC Fight Night 104 that she would be more than just a measuring stick for up-and-coming strawweight star Alexa Grasso, per Fox Sports' Damon Martin. Saturday night during read news >>

Ian McCall Withdraws from UFC 208 Due to Illness: Latest Comments and Reaction

Flyweight Ian McCall will not fight as part of Saturday's UFC 208 card at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, due to an illness. ESPN's Brett Okamoto reported the news and added that McCall we read news >>