#Dynasty of Heroes #Conor McGregor #Colosseum #Fight One #Alexander Gustafsson #The Heavyweight Title Fight #Mariusz Pudzianowski #TKO #Glover Teixeira #Fight Night Stockholm #UFC 211 #Shinya Aoki

By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk on Jessica Andrade and Aiming for UFC Flyweight Title | MMAWeekly.com

Joanna Jedrzejczyk discussed her upcoming fight with Jessica Andrade and how she has her sights set on becoming the UFC's first female dual-division champion. read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

Many believed that Yair Rodriguez vs. Frankie Edgar was a case of too much, too soon for the hot prospect. At UFC 211, those people were proved very, very correct. In a contest so lopsided that it's read news >>

Eddie Alvarez vs. Dustin Poirier Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

UFC 211 looked like quite an event on paper and, based on the headlining scrap for FX's preliminary action, anyone who felt that way has pretty good instincts about the game. Former UFC lightweight c read news >>

Demian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

Demian Maia entered UFC 211 with everything on the line. A loss would have crippled his chances at ever getting another UFC title shot, and he was facing a top-tier challenge against Jorge Masvidal a read news >>

UFC 211 results: Joanna Jedrzejczyk dominates gritty Jessica Andrade for fifth title defense

DALLAS – A hard left hook from Jessica Andrade raised an enormous lump on Joanna Jedrzejczyk’s forehead in the opening round, which had to have been an encouraging moment for the challenger. Filed un read news >>

UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos 2 LIVE Post Fight Press Conference | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos 2 post-fight press conference live, shortly after the event. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Stipe Miocic's TKO of Junior Dos Santos to defend title at UFC 211

Stipe Miocic put himself in the record books while simultaneously exacting some personal vengeance Saturday when he defended his heavyweight title against Junior Dos Santos in the UFC 211 headliner.F read news >>

Stipe Miocic Drops Junior Dos Santos to Win UFC 211 Main Event Via TKO

The UFC heavyweight championship has been notoriously difficult to hold on to throughout its history, but Stipe Miocic proved up to the task at UFC 211, picking up a first-round TKO win over Junior D read news >>

Stipe Miocic Takes Out Junior dos Santos In The First (UFC 211 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic's last loss inside the Octagon came to Junior dos Santos by decision in December 2014. On Saturday, he exacted his revenge. read news >>

UFC 211 bonuses: Nutty heavyweight brawl between Chase Sherman, Rashad Coulter gets $50,000

DALLAS – Stipe Miocic, Jason Knight, Chase Sherman and Rashad Coulter each earned $50,000 fight-night bonuses at Saturday’s UFC 211 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>