The hot topic of late has been the first fight between a UFC champion and Strikeforce champion since Zuffa took ownership of both companies; the fight being between Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz.
Only the fight isn’t happening, but it is, sort of, but maybe not yet.
UFC president Dana White addressed the recent rumors, saying that UFC champion Georges St-Pierre and Strikeforce champion Nick Diaz are not signed to fight each other at UFC 140 in Montreal. Nor are they coaching the next season of “The Ultimate Fighter.”
But he feel short of saying the fight would not happen. It just isn’t signed.. yet.
“I wouldn’t say that Diaz is out of the picture, but we just don’t know yet,” said White as reporters grilled him following Wednesday’s UFC 130 preflight press conference.
“If I gave you a percentage (of the odds the fight will happen), I’d be speaking out of turn. Nothing has been worked out.”
He did, however, appear to talk Diaz out of taking a professional boxing bout in the meantime… so the door is open.
Conor McGregor may very well be plotting his return to the Octagon but reports that he's agreed to meet Nate Diaz at UFC 219 on Dec. 30 are premature. Several outlets began reporting over the weekend read news >>
Check out the UFC 216 Ultimate Media Day face-offs where UFC president Dana White was on guard, even though Tony Ferguson snuck it a little surprise. read news >>
Las Vegas, Nevada is home to the UFC and many of the company's fighters. It's no surprise, then, that the promotion was rocked by the mass shooting on Sunday night that left at least 59 dead and over read news >>
Some folks complained about the stoppage in Gokhan Saki’s first-round KO at UFC Fight Night 117. UFC President Dana White was not one of them.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>
Excited about the Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz rubber match trilogy fight at UFC 219 in December? Dana White says you should pump the brakesFiled under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>
UFC President Dana White says more than 1,500 first responders from the Las Vegas shooting will be at Saturday’s UFC 216.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
The UFC is offering free tickets to Saturday's UFC 216 event in Las Vegas to first responders from last week's mass shooting in the city. UFC President Dana White told ESPN's Brett Okamoto about the read news >>
For UFC Dana White, not canceling UFC 216 was a very important move, not for his company, but for his city. read news >>
Prior to the start of Saturday's UFC 216 event at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, UFC President Dana White shared a video message about the mass shooting in the city on Oct. 1. Sports Illustrated's read news >>
Country music artist Jason Aldean performed as a special guest on Saturday Night Live on Saturday and UFC president Dana White is livid about it. read news >>