#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 120 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #TJ Dillashaw #Fight One #Cody Garbrandt #Nate Diaz #Rose Namajunas #Dustin Poirier

Anderson Silva and Georges St-PierreA Georges St-Pierre and Anderson Silva match-up has been discussed ad nauseum for years.  Sometimes the biggest fights that can be made are between two fighters in different weight classes.

It’s happened before and St-Pierre was involved.  B.J. Penn put his lightweight title on hold to move up to face St-Pierre at for the welterweight championship at UFC 94.

A match-up with Anderson Silva has been something St-Pierre has considered.

“I have considered it, of course, but the thing is, right now, I’m focusing on one thing at a time, focusing on my knee.  Once my knee will be 100-percent, I will focus on getting back to my title,” said St-Pierre on Wednesday when asked about the possibility of facing Silva.

“When I get back to my title, depending on what’s going on, I might have to take another fight.  If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we’ll see one day in the near future what is going to happen.  Depending if I’m going to go up or if he’s going to come down, it’s too far away to think about it right now, but it’s something that could happen, of course,” said the injured welterweight titleholder.

The potential champion vs. champion match-up is something Dana White would love to promote, but a lot of things have to come together before then.

“Obviously it’s a fight that people have been talking about for a long time.  So like Georges said, first of all, he has to get healthy.  Then he’s got to fight (Carlos) Condit.  Anderson is fighting Chael (Sonnen), and then we’ll see where we go from there,” said White.

White stated that if the bout does eventually happen, St-Pierre would have to move up to the middleweight division or they’d have to meet at a catch-weight.

“I know that Anderson couldn’t make 170, so it would depend on Georges moving up, or those guys meet at a catch-weight or something like that,” White said.

“I want to put on big fights.  I want to put on fights the fans want to see.  I know how big that fight is,” continued the UFC president.  “Imagine if we did Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre anywhere in Canada, how big that fight would be.  Believe me, I’d love to do.  We’ll see what happens.”

Follow @JeffMMAWeekly on Twitter or e-mail Jeff Cain.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Galleries

Anderson Silva Fights

• 9 months ago

Comments

Dana White Rips Fans After Darren Till Blasts Donald Cerrone at UFC Gdansk | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White responded to critical fans with an expletive-filled tirade after Darren Till defeated Donald Cerrone. read news >>

Dana White unloads on fans over Darren Till comments in profane Instagram post

Dana White is furious at anyone who wasn’t impressed by Darren Till’s UFC-Gdansk win over Donald Cerrone.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Is Dana White Pushing Mark Hunt Out of the UFC? 'They Turned on the Whistleblower' | MMAWeekly.com

Saying that he is healthy and medically fit to fight, Mark Hunt claims Dana White and the UFC are trying to push him out. read news >>

Dana White Claims Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor Broke Pay-Per-View Record | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White claims that the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor boxing match broke the all-time pay-per-view record. read news >>

Dana White Hints at New UFC TV Deal Could Include Streaming Partner | MMAWeekly.com

When Endeavor (WME-IMG) purchased the UFC, a big part of their financial gamble to spend $4 billion was based on a new television deal starting in 2019 that would net them hundreds of millions per ye read news >>

Is the UFC Contemplating Promoting Boxing? | MMAWeekly.com

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor was a one-off opportunity, but could Dana White see his company getting into boxing on a regular basis? read news >>

Dana White Opens Up About Tragic Las Vegas Shooting, Dishes on All Things UFC (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White sat down with the Wall Street Journal for an extended interview, opening up about the tragic Las Vegas shooting and covering all things UFC. read news >>

White now claims Mayweather-McGregor did 6.7 million PPV buys; Showtime still mum

Dana White now says the spectacle between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather drew 6.7 million pay-per-view buys around the world.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Calls Michael Bisping's Assault Accuser a 'F--king P---y'

UFC President Dana White responded Thursday to the man who filed a lawsuit against middleweight champion Michael Bisping over an alleged assault at a gym in Anaheim, California. "I'm sure it's that t read news >>

Dana White Engages in His Most Hilarious Podcast Interview Ever (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White joined UFC veteran Mike Swick for one of his most hilarious interviews ever. read news >>