#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #DWTNCS #HBO Boxing PPV - Golovkin vs. Canelo #Golovkin vs Canelo #Golovkin vs. Canelo #UFC 215 #Conor McGregor

Georges St Pierre Sept GSP 2012_1957Appearances can sometimes be deceiving.

From the outside looking in, UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre was the happiest guy in the world.

He was a long reigning titleholder, a multimillionaire, the most profitable athlete in the UFC, and unanimously recognized as the face of the organization.

Despite all that seemed right with St-Pierre’s world, something was definitely wrong, and it literally took away the passion he once had for the sport he dominated.

“I had a lot of personal issues and I lost the love of the sport. I was doing it because I had to, not because I really wanted to,” St-Pierre said in an interview with Fuel TV on Tuesday.

During that time, St-Pierre suffered a major injury to his knee that required reconstructive surgery, more than a year away from the sport, and hours upon hours of rehabilitation. Not only did St-Pierre have to find a way to nurse his body back to health, but he had to get his mind right.

The only way to accomplish both of those goals was to make some major changes.

“I woke up in the morning and I was happy with my life, but I didn’t have the drive to go further and further,” said St-Pierre.

“I told myself when I took that long time off, I said, you know what, I’m going to do everything. I cannot make everybody in life happy, but it’s time for me to be a little bit selfish and organize my training that I can take the best of it, maximize the potential of my training and make it the best I can be and that’s what I did.”

St-Pierre didn’t go into detail on what changes were made, but he’s a happier and healthier fighter ahead of his next bout, which comes against Carlos Condit at UFC 154 in November.

“I changed a lot of stuff in my life and my training and the result is going to be in the fight,” said St-Pierre

Like any major shifts a fighter can make, it always raises the questions if it was a good or bad decision, but UFC 154 will tell the true story about the  Georges St-Pierre that walked into the injury, and the one that came out on the other side.

For more news and rumors make sure to follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter

Comments

Nick Hein out at UFC-Rotterdam, promotion seeks featherweight foe for Zabit Magomedsharipov

Injury has forced German fighter Nick Hein out of next week’s UFC Fight Night 115 event in Rotterdam, and company officials are currently seeking a replacement opponent for Zabit Magomedsharipov.File read news >>

Francis Ngannou 'lost' after UFC 215 fight scratch, knows suitable replacement unlikely

Francis Ngannou is disappointed with the current state of his career after losing out on a big-fight opportunity at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demi Lovato to Sing National Anthem Before Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor

Showtime confirmed Tuesday that Demi Lovato will sing the national anthem prior to Saturday's fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor, according to TMZ Sports. Per TMZ, Lovato is a natu read news >>

What has Conor McGregor accomplished in UFC prior to Floyd Mayweather? These are the facts

As Conor McGregor prepares to enter the ring vs. Floyd Mayweather with a clean slate, look back at everything he’s accomplished in the UFC.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ana Julaton Says Floyd Mayweather Hasn't Lost a Step at 40-Years of Age | MMAWeekly.com

If there's any question about whether or not Floyd Mayweather has lost a step after two years of retirement and turning 40-years of age, boxer and mixed martial artist Ana Julaton says absolutely not read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor 2017: Final Odds and Pick for Superfight

Conor McGregor knows how to take advantage of an opportunity. Prior to putting his name on a contract to fight undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a boxing match, he was loud, egomaniacal, confident a read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor: How a Ringside Doctor Might Save Conor from Injury

Combat athletes are not like the average person. They're millionaires—sometimes billionaires—who spend their prizefighting days in racing clock and calendar to make as much money as they can before b read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Denied $400k Bet on Himself Before Conor McGregor Fight

Floyd Mayweather reportedly tried to place a $400,000 bet on himself, prior to his fight with Conor McGregor, which he won on a TKO knockout in the 10th round in Las Vegas. Per David Purdum at ESPN, read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Calls out Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather TKO Victory

Khabib Nurmagomedov took to Instagram to call out Conor McGregor after the latter lost by technical knockout against Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Saturday. McGr read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Calls out Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather TKO Victory