#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Conor McGregor #David Branch #Nate Diaz #Saturday Night Fights #UFC 215 #GGG #Michael Bisping #Jon Jones

George Roop has lost two straight in the UFC, but he’s not worried about getting cut ahead of his March 16 matchup against Reuben Duran at UFC 158.

“That stuff doesn’t even play a factor with me,” Roop told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show on Monday. “I want to kick this guy’s ass. I want to make him bleed. I want to make him hurt. That’s always been my ideal when I step into the cage. … But I can guarantee you, if [UFC matchmaker] Sean Shelby has me on that [cut] list, he might as well just take me off right now.”

Roop dropped a debatable split decision to Hatsu Hioki in October 2011, but then in January 2012 Cub Swanson finished him via second-round TKO. He has not fought since.

“It’s motivating me to elevate my game,” Roop said of his back-to-back defeats. “I’ve made a lot of good changes. Well, not even changes. I haven’t been training for a long time. I was only training about a year and a half before I even went on ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ show. I’ve just elevated my game. I’ve added a lot more tools to my toolbox. I’m ready to take it to Reuben Duran. He doesn’t stand a chance when he steps in there with me.”

Roop wasn’t lacking confidence in his “Beatdown” interview. After studying film of Duran, he didn’t come away worried about his upcoming opponent.

“Let’s not try to downplay it,” Roop said. “He hasn’t fought anybody nearly as good as I have. I’m not impressed by Reuben Duran. I know they call him ‘The Hurricane.’ He’s not even a Category 1. He’s not even a tropical storm as far as I’m concerned. We have monsoons that rain harder here in Arizona.”

The 29-year-old Duran is 1-2 in the UFC. He submitted Francisco Rivera with a rear-naked choke at “The Ultimate Fighter 13” Finale, but he’s coming off a knockout loss to Hugo Viana at “The Ultimate Fighter 16” Finale. Roop hopes to hand him another defeat while securing his own job in the UFC.

“I feel like my whole career has pretty much been in the UFC,” Roop said. “I’ve developed in the UFC. The UFC has given me a platform. I’m very grateful for the UFC. They could have released me and everything. I’m grateful I’m still around, but it doesn’t make a difference. I’m going to fight no matter what. I’m going to show up and I’m going to whoop that ass.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:32:58).

Comments

How Can Conor McGregor Top the Floyd Mayweather Fight? How About UFC Ownership?

Lost in the clamorous rush toward last weekend's mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor was a potential blockbuster development in the relationship between McGregor and the UFC. F read news >>

Amanda Nunes knows UFC is punishing her with co-main demotion, isn't worried about it

The women’s bantamweight champion simply plans on going out and defending her title at UFC 215.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 116's Mike Perry not so subtly accuses Thiago Alves of ducking

Mike Perry is upset at opportunity lost by Thiago Alves’ withdrawal. But he’ll take it out on short-notice replacement Alex Reyes.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Trading Shots: UFC 215 lost its main event, but how much did fans really care?

UFC 215 was supposed to be the event where Demetrious Johnson took a stab at UFC history with his 11th straight title defense. Thanks to Ray Borg’s “viral illness,” he didn’t even get a chance. But, read news >>

Henry Cejudo Scores Big KO Over Wilson Reis to Remain in Title Contention (UFC 215 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Despite having lost his last two fights, Henry Cejudo immediately returned to title contention with a big knockout victory over Wilson Reis on Saturday. read news >>

Boxing Great Sugar Ray Leonard Was Impressed by Conor McGregor's Boxing | MMAWeekly.com

Boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard gives his thoughts on the huge fight between UFC champion Conor McGregor and unbeaten boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Jr. read news >>

Felipe Arantes vs. Luke Sanders Scrapped from UFC Fight Night in Pittsburgh | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC Fight Night card in Pittsburgh this weekend has just lost a fight. Due to illness. bantamweight fighter Felipe Arantes has been force out of his bout against Luke Sanders in a fight that was read news >>

Watch Sean O'Malley's Knockout Win That Earned Him a UFC Contract (Free Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

See the fight from Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series that brought Dana White to his feet and earned Sean O'Malley a UFC contract. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 116 Preview: 3 Fights You Can't Miss in Pittsburgh

Credit where it's due: Luke Rockhold knows how to nurse a wound. It was well over a year ago that Rockhold lost his UFC middleweight title to Michael Bisping. Despite being a massive favorite in his read news >>

Write the bonus check now: Joe Lauzon meets Clay Guida at UFC Fight Night 120

A lightweight showdown between a pair of veterans with 24 UFC bonuses between them has been queued up UFC Fight Night 120 in Virginia.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>