#Justin Buchholz #Duane Ludwig #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Dhiego Lima #Hayder Hassan #Jon Jones #Rory MacDonald #UFC 202 #Bellator 179 #Cody Garbrandt #Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Frankie Edgar didn’t get the result he wanted Saturday at UFC 150, dropping a controversial split decision to lightweight champion Benson Henderson.

The loss added fuel to the ongoing debate over whether Edgar should drop a weight class, and coming off the defeat the former champion is definitely considering his options.

“I’m going to give myself a week to kind of just let all the emotions go away, just relax and enjoy my family and then sit down probably Sunday with my team and everyone else and just start bouncing some ideas around,” Edgar told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “Forty-five is a possibility. Fifty-five, I’ve been so successful and I would love to get a shot at the 155-pound belt again. Who knows? The 145-pound belt is definitely a prestigious belt to go after, especially with Jose Aldo at the helm of it all, but I’ve just got to really sit down and just discuss it with my team and my family and just make the right decision for myself.”

Edgar is not a big lightweight, but he’s beaten B.J. Penn twice in the division, knocked out Gray Maynard to conclude their trilogy and may have deserved the nod over Henderson on Saturday.

“I did think I won,” Edgar said. “I thought I did enough. Sometimes enough is not enough. You’ve just got to do a little more, and apparently I guess that’s what the judges were seeing. I’m not really dwelling on it. There’s nothing I can do about it. I could be upset and complain about it and this and that, but I’ve got to move on and get back in the win column.”

A move to 145 pounds would not be difficult, Edgar said.

“I don’t think I’d have to tweak much,” he explained. “I probably would clean my diet maybe some. I like to eat fairly clean and I’m not a huge eater, so I wouldn’t have to change too, too much, but I’ll be honest: I think a lot of 145-pounders are probably bigger than me down at that weight class anyway. They probably walk around heavier than I do. I don’t think making the weight would be too much of a problem.”

Certainly he could encounter some new competition at 145 pounds. At 155, he’s had a knack for fighting rematches. He fought Penn twice, Henderson twice and Maynard three times. Henderson is the only one he didn’t beat.

“It’s true,” Edgar said. “It’s bittersweet, though, because I would really like to have a win over [Henderson]. I’ve been hearing a lot of people telling me, ‘You won the fight. You didn’t win the fight,’ whatever. But down the line, no one’s going to remember it was controversial. No one’s going to remember anything. They’re just going to see a loss and have Ben Henderson’s name there. That’s a little bittersweet. You would love another chance at it, but down the line, you never know what could happen.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 17:43).

The Tactical Guide to UFC 211: Edgar versus Rodriguez | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC Frankie Edgar has never really been a “star.” He’s not going to get people turning out in droves for a press conference, a weigh in or a media appearance, and he’s not read news >>

Brad Tavares wanted to fight Elias Theodorou to prove UFC video game rankings wrong

UFC middleweight Brad Tavares didn’t think much about fighting Elias Theodorou until he saw their respective stats in the promotion’s video game. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, read news >>

At UFC 211, coach Mark Henry treads cautiously around title talk for Frankie Edgar, Eddie Alvarez

When talking to Mark Henry, there are two surefire guarantees: He will wax lyrical about every fighter under his tutelage, and speak nothing but the undiluted truth. Maybe it’s the boxer in him, but read news >>

Ex-champion Anthony Pettis to make lightweight return at UFC 213 vs. Jim Miller

After two fights at 145 pounds, Anthony Pettis is headed back to the weight class he used to rule.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Tim Elliott replaces Joseph Benavidez against Ben Nguyen at UFC Fight Night 110

Ben Nguyen didn’t have to wait long to get a new opponent after Joseph Benavidez announced Wednesday he was out of their scheduled flyweight bout at UFC Fight Night 110.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Former UFC champ Frankie Edgar believes he's No. 1 contender if he beats Yair Rodriguez

DALLAS – So far, Frankie Edgar’s dreams of winning belts in two divisions have been held up by Jose Aldo.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Frankie Edgar, Eddie Alvarez and Frank Grillo

Actor Frank Grillo joins Jim and Matt in studio to discuss Season 3 of Kingdom. Then, former UFC Lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez calls in to talk about getting over his loss to Conor McGregor and read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez: UFC 211 Joe Rogan Preview | MMAWeekly.com

UFC commentator Joe Rogan breaks down the featherweight bout between former lightweight champ Frankie Edgar and Yair Rodriguez scheduled for UFC 211. read news >>

UFC champ Amanda Nunes' plan? Beat Shevchenko again, then go up to 145

Amanda Nunes’ next challenge will come at 135 pounds. After that, though? The UFC women’s bantamweight champion wants to move up to 145 pounds.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 211 results: Former champ Frankie Edgar dismantles rising star Yair Rodriguez with ease

DALLAS – Yair Rodriguez wanted a fight with Frankie Edgar in order to accelerate his ascent up the featherweight ranks. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>