Frankie Edgar didn’t get the result he wanted Saturday at UFC 150, dropping a controversial split decision to lightweight champion Benson Henderson.

The loss added fuel to the ongoing debate over whether Edgar should drop a weight class, and coming off the defeat the former champion is definitely considering his options.

“I’m going to give myself a week to kind of just let all the emotions go away, just relax and enjoy my family and then sit down probably Sunday with my team and everyone else and just start bouncing some ideas around,” Edgar told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “Forty-five is a possibility. Fifty-five, I’ve been so successful and I would love to get a shot at the 155-pound belt again. Who knows? The 145-pound belt is definitely a prestigious belt to go after, especially with Jose Aldo at the helm of it all, but I’ve just got to really sit down and just discuss it with my team and my family and just make the right decision for myself.”

Edgar is not a big lightweight, but he’s beaten B.J. Penn twice in the division, knocked out Gray Maynard to conclude their trilogy and may have deserved the nod over Henderson on Saturday.

“I did think I won,” Edgar said. “I thought I did enough. Sometimes enough is not enough. You’ve just got to do a little more, and apparently I guess that’s what the judges were seeing. I’m not really dwelling on it. There’s nothing I can do about it. I could be upset and complain about it and this and that, but I’ve got to move on and get back in the win column.”

A move to 145 pounds would not be difficult, Edgar said.

“I don’t think I’d have to tweak much,” he explained. “I probably would clean my diet maybe some. I like to eat fairly clean and I’m not a huge eater, so I wouldn’t have to change too, too much, but I’ll be honest: I think a lot of 145-pounders are probably bigger than me down at that weight class anyway. They probably walk around heavier than I do. I don’t think making the weight would be too much of a problem.”

Certainly he could encounter some new competition at 145 pounds. At 155, he’s had a knack for fighting rematches. He fought Penn twice, Henderson twice and Maynard three times. Henderson is the only one he didn’t beat.

“It’s true,” Edgar said. “It’s bittersweet, though, because I would really like to have a win over [Henderson]. I’ve been hearing a lot of people telling me, ‘You won the fight. You didn’t win the fight,’ whatever. But down the line, no one’s going to remember it was controversial. No one’s going to remember anything. They’re just going to see a loss and have Ben Henderson’s name there. That’s a little bittersweet. You would love another chance at it, but down the line, you never know what could happen.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 17:43).

Fighting 'master' Valentina Shevchenko promises different result in rematch with champ Amanda Nunes

DENVER – Valentina Shevchenko is ready to take the UFC women’s bantamweight title from Amanda Nunes after her win over Julianna Pena in Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 headliner.Filed under: Featured, News, read news >>

UFC Bantamweight Champ Amanda Nunes Wants to Go to 145 Pounds (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Bantamweight champ Amanda Nunes wants the winner of the inaugural UFC featherweight title fight between Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie for her next fight. read news >>

Dominick Cruz dismisses Raphael Assuncao's callout, says next fight will be for UFC belt

Dominick Cruz didn’t get an immediate rematch after he lost the UFC bantamweight title to Cody Garbrandt at UFC 207 in December. However, if the former champ is to be believed, his next fight will st read news >>

After controversial no-contest, Tim Means vs. Alex Oliveira rematch slated for UFC Fight Night 106

After a controversial end to their fight fight, Tim Means and Alex Oliveira will do it again.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

On 10-year UFC anniversary, what does Frankie Edgar remember, regret and wish he could do again?

Ten years after his UFC debut, former champ Frankie Edgar wishes he could back and do it all again. "I just think that the longer the sport goes, the better it's going to get for the athletes," the f read news >>

UFC 208's Germaine de Randamie: I knocked out a guy who had 40 pounds on me – I have the credentials

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Germaine de Randamie said people who question whether she deserves a shot at the inaugural UFC women’s featherweight title don’t know their history.Filed under: Featured, Featured Vi read news >>

Could Former UFC Champ Frankie Edgar Be Latest to Test Out Free Agency?

Frankie Edgar is a little fed up. That's not a new stance from the popular former UFC champion. But he's not backing off it, either, and with his UFC contract set to expire, it could be causing Edgar read news >>

Controversial stoppage? Jorge Masvidal says he KO'd Donald Cerrone twice at UFC on FOX 23

It’s not a UFC event without some referee controversy, and from all indications, Herb Dean had a pretty big blunder at the end of the final round of Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 co-main event between Jor read news >>

UFC Issues Statement Addressing Controversial Travel Ban Executive Order | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC issued a statement addressing U.S. President Trump's recent executive order instituting a travel ban. read news >>

Mike Jackson to CM Punk: 'Let's see who the real can is'

Mike Jackson didn’t show up to this past Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 event to push a fight with Phil “CM Punk” Brooks. He was just there to work.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>