#Bellator 185 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #UFC Fight Night 118 #Bellator MMA #Kristina Williams #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Heather Hardy #Neiman Gracie #Zak Bucia #Conor McGregor #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili

Frankie-Edgar-UFC-136-2-460x270Former UFC lightweight titleholder Frankie Edgar will compete in a non-title fight for the first time since 2009 on Saturday at UFC 162 against Charles Oliveira.  With no title on the line, Edgar has the same motivation as if it were a title fight.

“I’m easily motivated.  I’ve still got that burning desire.  I’ve got no problem getting up in the morning and hitting it hard in the gym,” said Edgar during the UFC 162 open workouts on Wednesday.

Oliveira hopes to make a name for himself by defeating the former champion, but Edgar says that’s not going to happen.

“It’s a unique position for me.  It means I’ve done something right in my career if guys can make names based on me.  But I’m not thinking about that happening,” he said.  “There hasn’t been a fight I haven’t shown up for.  I know Saturday night I’m going to show up.  I prepared the right way.  I did everything I could do to make sure it doesn’t happen.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Galleries

Frankie Edgar Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Derrick Lewis Says He Is 'Not Focused' Heading into UFC 216 Fight Against Werdum

Derrick Lewis is jovial and entertaining on social media, but when Hurricane Harvey hit Houston, Texas, Lewis showed off his heart. And the effects of that storm are still weighing on the UFC heavywe read news >>

Demetrious Johnson was Injured Going into UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

You'd never have known it, but Demetrious Johnson was injured heading into his UFC 216 flyweight title defense against Ray Borg. read news >>

What do you think of UFC 218's official poster (and Frankie Edgar's 'crazy eyes')?

Check out the official poster for UFC 218, which got a mixed review from headliner Frankie Edgar.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Report: UFC champ Max Holloway faces Frankie Edgar in UFC 218 headliner

Hawaii meets New Jersey in Detroit.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Max Holloway Faces Frankie Edgar in Main Event at UFC 218 in Detroit | MMAWeekly.com

The featherweight title will go up for grabs in the main event at UFC 218 as Max Holloway faces off with Frankie Edgar on Dec. 2 in Detroit. UFC officials confirmed the fight to ESPN on Tuesday. The read news >>

UFC Fighter Henry Cejudo Details Narrow Escape from NorCal Fires

Mixed martial arts fighter Henry Cejudo revealed he had to escape a burning hotel when he was caught in the middle of the wildfires that have spread across northern California. In an interview Monday read news >>

Frankie Edgar Explains Why His Style Will Give Max Holloway Problems at UFC 218 | MMAWeekly.com

From the moment Max Holloway landed the final punch to finish Jose Aldo in June to become featherweight champion, Frankie Edgar was waiting to get the first shot at the new king of the division. Edga read news >>

Will Brooks vs. Nik Lentz targeted for UFC Fight Night 121

The UFC is targeting a do-over for Will Brooks and Nik Lentz at UFC Fight Night 121.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Will Brooks vs. Nik Lentz Expected to Be Rebooked for UFC Fight Night in Australia | MMAWeekly.com

A lightweight matchup between Will Brooks and Nik Lentz that was originally scheduled for UFC 216 is expected to get shifted to UFC Fight Night in Australia on Nov. 19. Sources close to the matchup c read news >>

Poland's Salim Touahri replaces Jim Wallhead vs. Warlley Alves at UFC Fight Night 118

Warlley Alves will stay on this week’s UFC card in Poland, and he’ll do so against a short-notice home-country replacement. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>