#UFC Fight Night 83 #Conor McGregor #Luke Rockhold #Nate Diaz #David Branch #Saturday Night Fights #Jon Jones #Michael Bisping #UFC 215 #GGG

forrest griffinThe always-charismatic Forrest Griffin hasn’t had much to do with the media since his first round loss to Anderson Silva, but he recently gave a glimpse into his current status.

The former Light-Heavyweight Champion sat down for an interview this week with MMAFanhouse.com and discussed everything from his new marriage to why he ran from the cage after his loss to “The Spider”.

Initial interviews with Griffin after his UFC 101 loss, were candidly explained away with him saying he must have been on Quaaludes during the fight with Silva. However he offered a little more insight into what went wrong recently, explaining, “I don’t know. I’m going to guess everything. You know where I made my biggest mistake was saying I would fight that guy. That’s definitely the first mistake I made and the biggest.

“I’m not really sure I showed up to fight him. Maybe I thought he was so good that I didn’t have to fight him.”

Perhaps receiving the most criticism was his after fight antics, when Forrest didn’t wait for the official announcement of Silva’s win, and ran out of the arena. Forrest answered his critics the only way Forrest can, “That’s dumb. Those people are idiots. Why? Nobody cares. I mean, I don’t think the losers were going to speak that night anyway, you know. Just get on with the next fight already.

“This guy actually asked me a good question the other day, and this is a real story and I really like it: first off, he was very confrontational; I didn’t like him much to begin with, and he goes, ‘Hey, man, I have to know,’ because it’s his business to know, ‘why did you run out of the cage that night after the Silva fight?’ And I said, ‘Look, man, I haven’t told anybody, let’s keep this on the down low, but the truth is your mom was waiting for me in the back to suck my d***, and you know how good of a b*** j** your mom gives, so I didn’t want to be late for that sh**.’ And that’s pretty much the answer I give. I like that answer, so I’ll give that answer to everyone.”

When asked if the gentleman was a fan or member of the media, Forrest responded, “I don’t know. I bet he’s not a fan anymore, but I tell ya, I’m a fan of his mom’s b*** j***. That’s the important thing, and that’s what I want to come across in your story. If anybody asks me that question, that’s my answer.”

The newly married former champion, doesn’t have plans of returning to the Octagon anytime soon but ended his interview hinting at a possible January return, “You know, it’s hard for me to think about a fight when I’m on vacation or my honeymoon, so I was kind of hoping they would leave me alone until around Oct. 12. You know, when you are actually doing something about your next fight. You know, there’s that Jan. 2 card that looks kind of appealing to me.”

Galleries

Anderson Silva Fights

• 7 months ago

Comments

Paige VanZant Reveals Title and Cover for Her New Book Due Out in 2018 | MMAWeekly.com

Paige VanZant will release her first book in 2018 and she's finally revealed the title and the cover for her upcoming autobiography. The book will be titled "Rise: Surviving the Fight of My Life", wh read news >>

Despite mixed results, high hopes for ex-UFC fighters in Bellator

• 23 minutes ago

It hasn’t been smooth sailing so far for Benson Henderson or Lorenz Larkin. Roy Nelson tests the waters for the first time at Bellator 183.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Co-headliner Fernando Gonzalez believes an exciting Bellator 182 display could lead to a title shot

Brennan Ward hasn’t gone the distance in his 14 Bellator encounters, and Fernando Gonzalez is not expecting to change that at Bellator 182.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Bobby Moffett Expects 'Fight of the Night' in LFA 20 Co-Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Bobby Moffett (9-2) will finally get to have his first fight of the year when he takes on Nate Jennerman (9-2) in the LFA 20 co-main event on August 25. read news >>

From mom's death to bad knee: Talita Nogueira's rough road to long-awaited Bellator debut

A lot went into finally making it here, but undefeated featherweight Talita Nogueira is happy and healthy ahead her Bellator debut.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor Purse: Projected Prize-Money Payouts Before Fight

After plenty of buildup, Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor will finally battle in the ring Saturday night. Of course, their prize money has nothing to do with the result of the upcoming bout. The t read news >>

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor Results: Round-by-Round Analysis and Recap

After all of the hype and bluster, we have finally made it—Mayweather vs. McGregor is finally here. UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor looks to shock the sporting world with a victory over 49-0 read news >>

Conor McGregor Intends to Return to the UFC, Reveals Timeline | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor steps into the biggest fight of his life on Saturday night, but he's already revealed a timeline for his UFC return. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor play-by-play and live coverage (6 p.m. ET)

“The Money Fight” between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor is finally here, and MMAjunkie has you covered live from Las Vegas.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor Odds: Last-Minute Betting Advice for Superfight

Finally, after over a year of negotiating and hype, Floyd Mayweather Jr. is set to face Conor McGregor on Saturday evening at Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena in Nevada and on Showtime pay-per-view. Mayweat read news >>