#UFC Fight Night 55 #UFC 217 #Fabricio Werdum #Marcin Tybura #GSP #Michael Bisping

Chris Lytle at UFC 116

Chris Lytle at UFC 116

UFC veteran Chris “Lights Out” Lytle has had his sights set on entering the political arena for several few months.  The firefighter has had a long illustrious career in MMA, and currently holds the record of 10 post-fight bonuses, but he’s finally decided enough is enough, hanging up his gloves.

Outside of the cage, Lytle is known as a father, a husband, and is universally well liked.

The humble 38-year-old believes that not only would entering the political arena be beneficial to him, but also it would be beneficial to his family, as he could work in the daytime when his kids are at school.

“The thing is, I’ve studied a little bit of the political realm around here,” Lytle told MMAWeekly Radio.

“The good thing about that is the Indiana legislature meets around four months out of the year and it’s usually during the day.  I’ve already been looking into doing that and if I were able to do that, that would still give me a lot of time with the family and time to still do everything I want to do.  It shouldn’t interfere with that too much, so I would look into that and it would take a lot less family time from me.”

In the next week or so, Lytle will begin planning for his political future and, at this time, he believes he will make a run in 2012.  With Lytle trading his TapouT shorts for a suit and tie, the former mixed martial arts fighter is looking forward to shifting gears.

“I’m going to sit down with my political people in the next week and talk about formulating what I want to do and see what direction I’m going to go in.

“I don’t have that much of that kind of stuff.  Everybody, whoever sees me, knows that I don’t dress real fancy.  I don’t know, I guess maybe I got to buy a couple of suits. I got a little bit of money laying around now.”

Comments

UFC Fight Night 120 headliner Dustin Poirier selling fight kit to benefit slain officer's family

Dustin Poirier returns to headliner status next month, and he’ll be using his fight to help the family of a police officer in his home town.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: No one wants Conor McGregor vs. Paulie Malignaggi, who turns focus to Artem Lobov

UFC President Dana White adamantly denies Paulie Malignaggi’s claim that a fight with Conor McGregor is in negotiations.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dustin Poirier Raising Money for Fallen Police Officer's Family at UFC Norfolk | MMAWeekly.com

Dustin Poirier is using his fight with Anthony Pettis at UFC Norfolk to raise funds for the family of a fallen police officer from his local community. read news >>

Derek Brunson believes Luke Rockhold puts him 1 fight from title shot

Credit UFC light heavyweight champion and commentator Daniel Cormier for bringing middleweight Derek Brunson out of his shell.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

'UFC 217 Embedded,' No. 1: Family feasts, famished fighters

The UFC returns to New York’s famed Madison Square Garden this week, and the promotion has rolled out its “Embedded” treatment for a preview of Saturday’s UFC 217 event.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Matt Brown Reflects on Career Heading Into Final UFC Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Matt "The Immortal" Brown reflects on an unforgettable UFC career before making his final walk to the Octagon to take on veteran Diego Sanchez this Saturday. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120 results: Karl Roberson stays perfect, taps out Darren Stewart

Undefeated middleweight prospect Karl Roberson kept his perfect career record intact, debuting in the UFC with a first-round win over Darren Stewart.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Anderson Silva at UFC Shanghai After Failed Drug Test

Michael Bisping suffered one of the toughest losses of his UFC career at UFC 217, dropping the middleweight championship to Georges St-Pierre after getting choked out cold. So how is the Brit recover read news >>

Anthony Pettis on importance of family ahead of UFC-Norfolk – on anniversary weekend of father's death

As it turns out, emotions may be running high for UFC Fight Night 120 headliner Anthony Pettis tonight. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Sage Northcutt focused solely on UFC career with college no longer holding him back

21-year-old Sage Northcutt is ready to get serious about MMA with a little help from Team Alpha Male as he moves past UFC-Norfolk.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>