#UFC Fight Night 126 #Donald Cerrone #Yancy Medeiros #UFC Fight Night 57 #Derrick Lewis #Marcin Tybura #Sage Northcutt #Bellator 194

Former UFC Champ Miesha Tate Rings in New Year with Surprising Pregnancy Announcement | MMAWeekly.com

Happy New Year everyone! 2016 & 2017 were crazy years full of transitions for me but I’m so happy where I’m at now moving into 2018. I have many things to be grateful for but one stands out in particular, you see there’s this man who has brought joy and happiness into my life in a way I’ve never known before, Johnny thank you for that. I’m proud to announce we are expecting a beautiful baby girl. Now you can sit and speculate… or you can just be happy for us. I’d like to ask that everyone respect the fact that (like we have been) we would like to continue to live our private lives primarily out of the media. I won’t comment on specifics so just know that I am very happy, very excited and my life has never felt so complete. Thank you all for the continued support on this crazy journey we call life! #FollowYourHeart #mommytobe #daughter #cupcakeintheoven #love #HappyNewYear ? ?????

A post shared by Miesha Tate (@mieshatate) on

It’s been a little more than a year since former UFC bantamweight champion Miesha Tate walked out of the Octagon for the final time.

Tate lost to Raquel Pennington at UFC 205 in November of 2016, continuing a changing of the guard in women’s MMA. Since that time, she’s made the shift into the athlete management space, but for the New Year, she made possibly her biggest announcement yet. She is pregnant.

Though getting pregnant in and of itself isn’t too surprising now that Tate is done fighting, most fight fans will probably do a double take when they realize that Tate didn’t get pregnant with her longtime partner Bryan Caraway. Tate and Caraway had become one of the more prominent fighter couples in the sport over the course of several years, but part of Tate’s surprising pregnancy announcement was that it didn’t include Caraway.

“I’m at now moving into 2018. I have many things to be grateful for, but one stands out in particular. You see, there’s this man who has brought joy and happiness into my life in a way I’ve never known before. Johnny, thank you for that. I’m proud to announce we are expecting a beautiful baby girl,” Tate wrote on Instagram.

“Now, you can sit and speculate… or you can just be happy for us. I’d like to ask that everyone respect the fact that (like we have been) we would like to continue to live our private lives primarily out of the media.”

Galleries

Miesha Tate Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey in WWE's Royal Rumble? 'No pen to paper for me'

Former UFC champ Ronda Rousey said she hasn’t officially moved into the world of professional wrestling. read news >>

Frankie Edgar Got Brain Scan After Gray Maynard Fight, Believes MMA is Safer Than Football and Boxing | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar, who has had his brain scanned, believes MMA is safer than most other contact sports. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Officially Joins WWE, Makes First Appearance at Royal Rumble | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC champion Ronda Rousey has officially transitioned to the WWE read news >>

Ronda Rousey's WWE Royal Rumble Appearance Juices Social Media Explosion | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC champion Ronda Rousey finally made her WWE debut as a full-time performer... and it set social media alight! read news >>

Triple H explains how the WWE signed former UFC champ Ronda Rousey

After her WWE debut, Paul “Triple H” Levesque spoke to For The Win about the signing of one of the most influential stars in all of sports. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Thinks UFC is Timing the Stripping of Conor McGregor for Maximum Effect | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC lightweight champ Eddie Alvarez believes Conor McGregor will be stripped of his title at the optimum time for maximum effect. read news >>

Michael Bisping Not Fighting at UFC London; Is He Done? | MMAWeekly.com

Despite all the rumors swirling around Michael Bisping, the former UFC middleweight champion says he is not fighting at UFC London. read news >>

Report: Anderson Silva postive for synthetic testosterone and diuretic in recent failure

Anderson Silva’s reps say the former UFC champ will retire if he is suspended at least two years for his second failed drug test. read news >>

UFC Champ Max Holloway Inks Endorsement Deal with Budweiser | MMAWeekly.com

The king of the featherweights is teaming up with the king of beers. UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway has inked an endorsement deal with Budweiser following a highly successful 2017 campaign t read news >>

Yoel Romero Likely to Get Next Shot at UFC Champ Robert Whittaker | MMAWeekly.com

Yoel Romero was unable to win the interim UFC middleweight championship at UFC 221, but he'll likely still get the next shot at Robert Whittaker. read news >>