#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 120 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #TJ Dillashaw #Fight One #Cody Garbrandt #Nate Diaz #Rose Namajunas #Dustin Poirier

Andrei Arlovski 470x260Former UFC heavyweight titleholder Andrei Arlovski wants to someday return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship and vie for the heavyweight title again.

Arlovski (19-9-1) rose to UFC stardom with his speed, accuracy and punching power, overwhelming opponents with offense from 2002 to 2005.

He went on a six-fight win streak, capturing the UFC heavyweight title by defeating Tim Sylvia at UFC 52 on Feb. 5, 2005.  He defended the belt twice before relinquishing it back to Tim Sylvia at UFC 59 in April 2006.

Arlovski left the UFC on a three-fight win streak in early 2008.

“I left the UFC on good terms,” Arlovski told MMAWeekly.com.

Arlovski doesn’t want his former status as UFC champion to dictate if the organization offers him a contract in the future.  He wants to earn his way back into the top tier of the heavyweight division.

“I don’t want the UFC to take me back in the UFC because I was a champion in the UFC.  I want to earn the opportunity to be back in the UFC again,” he said.

The 34-year-old UFC veteran doesn’t want to just return to the Octagon, he wants to re-capture the heavyweight belt.

“More importantly, with my career, every fight I’ve shown a good fight, and showed my skills, and showed that I’m getting better and better and better from fight to fight.  Like I said, you never know.  I might one day be in the UFC again, but I definitely want to be a champion and I want to be No. 1 in the world again because I know the taste of glory and the taste of being on top of the world.  I also know that feeling when you’re down,” said Arlovski.

“I definitely want to be a champion and I want to be on top of the world again,” added the former titleholder.   “Definitely, I will be on top again.”

Arlovski faces Anthony Johnson in the main event on the World Series of Fighting card on March 23.  The event will air live on NBC Sports Network.

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Galleries

Andrei Arlovski Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Benito Lopez' Display of Heart Earned Him a UFC Contract (Full Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Benito Lopez showed tremendous heart and perseverance to earn himself a UFC contract on Week 7 of Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 118 bonuses: Darren Till, Jan Blachowicz earn $50K for big finishes

Darren Till and Jan Blachowicz are a little richer after their big wins at UFC-Gdansk.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

On 5-fight skid, ex-champ Andrei Arlovski training at ATT ahead of UFC-Norfolk

Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski is getting some new looks as he attempts to break out of an ugly five-fight slump.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 217's Jorge Masvidal: Post-fight stupidity might be needed to earn title shot

Jorge Masvidal’s not pleased with the recent method or granting UFC title shots. However, he knows he might have to play into it at UFC 217.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson Out Strikes Jorge Masvidal to Earn Unanimous Decision at UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson is back on track. After coming up short from winning the UFC welterweight title on two different occasions, Thompson returned to the win column with a unanimous decision read news >>

Ex-champ Andrei Arlovski knows he can't keep losing, but 'it's primetime for heavyweights'

Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski knows the score. He can’t continue to keep losing in the octagon.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Georges St-Pierre is injured, but interim UFC titleholder Robert Whittaker is a patient man

UFC interim middleweight champion Robert Whittaker is apparently a patient man.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Andrei Arlovski relieved after UFC Fight Night 120 win: 'Finally I broke the streak of losing'

A huge weight was lifted off Andrei Arlovski’s shoulders after his UFC Fight Night 120 performance.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Andrei Arlovski Takes the Nod Over Junior Albini (UFC Norfolk Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Andrei Arlovski's career-saving victory over Junior Albini at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday. read news >>

Andrei Arlovski Staves Off Retirement with Win Over Junior Albini (UFC Norfolk Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Andrei Arlovski staved off retirement with a unanimous nod over Junior Albini at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday in Norfolk, Va. read news >>