#UFC Fight Night 83 #Conor McGregor #Luke Rockhold #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #David Branch #Saturday Night Fights #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping

Having lost two fights in a row for the first time in his career, former Sengoku star Yasubey Enomoto felt a sense of urgency entering last weekend’s M-1 Global event against former promotional middleweight champion Rafal Moks.

“This win was very important for me to shake off my last two losses,” he told MMAWeekly.com. “Although I won, I didn’t like the fact that I was unable to secure a knockout or lock on a submission.”

Throughout much of the fight, Moks was able to take Enomoto down, but was unable to capitalize on the position. Repeatedly, Enomoto suppressed Moks while conversely landing his own damage.

“I was prepared for all situations, but my timing and distance when we were standing up was not good; that’s why he was able to take me down so many times,” said Enomoto.

“On the ground, he was only trying to pass my guard without punching me or go for a submission, that’s why I fought off my back and looked to hit him with shots.”

Enomoto was able to take the split-decision because even though he was on his back more often, he was the one who was controlling the fight.

“I think the judges made the right decision,” said Enomoto. “I inflicted more damage standing up and on the ground, Moks got a couple takedowns and that’s it. He didn’t do anything to keep the fight flowing or to finish the fight.

“I was much more active and aggressive; I was looking for the knockout, submission, or an opportunity to pound him out. So I think I did enough to win the fight, but it does not mean I was happy with my performance overall.”

Having faced a current and former title holder in M-1 Global and given a very good accounting for himself in both fights, Enomoto feels he’s cemented a spot as one of the promotion’s top contenders.

“I think I can fight anybody that M-1 can give me as an opponent,” he said. “I never thought I couldn’t handle what either presented in terms of competition. I think I’m proving I’m for real and look forward to what comes next.”

As for what is next, Enomoto hopes to face Zamil Zavurov once again and come out the victor in the rematch.

“My goal for 2011 is to fight for the M-1 welterweight title again and this time make sure I put it around my waist,” he said. “Also I want to fight the best I can and become one of the sport’s greatest fighters. I want to continue to improve.”

Having shown great persistence both in getting back on track and in the process of doing so, Enomoto continues to prove himself as a fighter to watch in the coming years.

“I’d like to say that I have so much more to offer the fans that I showed in my last two fights,” he concluded. “Thank you for everyone’s support and I can’t wait to return to action and put on great fights.”

Comments

Ana Julaton Says Floyd Mayweather Hasn't Lost a Step at 40-Years of Age | MMAWeekly.com

If there's any question about whether or not Floyd Mayweather has lost a step after two years of retirement and turning 40-years of age, boxer and mixed martial artist Ana Julaton says absolutely not read news >>

Kevin Lee: Conor McGregor is a Paper UFC Lightweight Champion | MMAWeekly.com

Kevin Lee fights for the interim lightweight title against Tony Ferguson at UFC 216 and says the bout will crown the real lightweight champion. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Calls out Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather TKO Victory

Khabib Nurmagomedov took to Instagram to call out Conor McGregor after the latter lost by technical knockout against Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Saturday. McGr read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Calls out Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather TKO Victory

Conor McGregor lost to Floyd Mayweather, but partied like a winner post-fight

If Conor McGregor’s post-fight party is any indication, he’s not taking his loss to Floyd Mayweather all that hard.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 215 lineup set with 2 title fights in Edmonton, including Demetrious Johnson's quest for record

The lineup is set for the UFC’s return trip to Canada next month, including a pair of title fights at the top of the bill. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Paulie, Canelo, Golovkin: Crossover Fights for Conor McGregor to Consider

Conor McGregor had the most lucrative boxing debut of all time. It's safe to say he has more opportunities than any 0-1 fighter coming off a TKO loss. Given the skills and mettle he showed while surv read news >>

How Can Conor McGregor Top the Floyd Mayweather Fight? How About UFC Ownership?

Lost in the clamorous rush toward last weekend's mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor was a potential blockbuster development in the relationship between McGregor and the UFC. F read news >>

Volkov vs Struve Fantasy Preview

In today's fantasy preview, we'll examine these fights and several more to see who has the advantage going into Saturday's card and who might be primed for an upset at UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Str read news >>

Jose Aldo Wants to Finish Fights in UFC Contract to Start Boxing, Coach Says

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo may soon follow in the footsteps of Conor McGregor and take his talents to the boxing ring. "He’s training boxing because he has this dream of competing in read news >>