It didn’t take long for former Sengoku lightweight Maximo Blanco to find a home in the United States.

The Venezuelan has signed a 4-fight deal with Strikeforce to compete in their 155lb division.

Sources close to the negotiations confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that the ink has dried on a new contract for Blanco to compete in Strikeforce. Sherdog.com first reported the signing.

Blanco just signed on with new management company Suckerpunch Entertainment last week, and made the declaration that he wanted to come and fight in the U.S. and now he has his new home.

“Of course, to became the best in the world at 155 lbs,” Blanco told MMAWeekly.com about his goals of fighting in the U.S. “And also, my other goal is to do a back flip in the cage after the win.”

Blanco has stated that he would enjoy a fight with former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson, but as of yet no date has been determined for his debut.

He will inject new life into a lightweight division that is looking for new contenders while champion Gilbert Melendez rules the weight class at the top.

Blanco will make his Strikeforce debut later in 2011.


Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for MMAWeekly.com.
Follow
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.


Follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.


view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

UFC champ Max Holloway signs on for 'Den of Thieves' movie, hopes to be cleared next week

  • 20 days ago
  • 14 views

HOUSTON – UFC interim featherweight champion Max Holloway said he’s recovered after re-injuring his ankle at UFC 206, and he’s still gunning for undisputed champ Jose Aldo. Filed under: Featured Vide read news >>

Holly Holm: UFC 208 Warrior Code Video | MMAWeekly.com

  • 13 days ago
  • 4 views

Go one-on-one with Holly Holm and find out what makes the former champ a UFC warrior. Holm faces Germaine de Randamie in the main event at UFC 208. read news >>

Cheick Kongo, 41, Showing No Signs of Slowing Down Heading into Bellator 172 | MMAWeekly.com

  • 10 days ago
  • 9 views

Cheick Kongo may be 41 years of age, but he's showing no signs of calling it quits, as he heads into Saturday's Bellator 172: Fedor vs. Mitrione. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre signs new UFC deal; Dana White says potential comeback fights abound

  • 6 days ago
  • 12 views

One of the greatest MMA fighters of all time is set to make his return to the octagon after a more than three-year absence.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Report: New Yorker Desmond Green signs with UFC, fights Josh Emmett at UFC 210 in Buffalo

  • 2 days ago
  • 11 views

A former Titan FC champion is heading to the UFC, and he’ll get to make his promotional debut in front of his home state fans. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Former UFC flyweight title challenger Kyogi Horiguchi signs with Rizin FF for April debut

  • 2 days ago
  • 3 views

Former UFC flyweight title challenger Kyoji Horiguchi is going home. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Cindy Dandois signs with UFC, meets Alexis Davis at UFC Fight Night 108 in Nashville

  • a day ago
  • 59 views

The UFC has a new women’s bantamweight on its roster, and she’ll make her promotional debut in April. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Nine-time UFC veteran Nikita Krylov signs with Eurasia Fight Nights

  • 21 minutes ago
  • 0 views

It looks like Nikita Krylov’s next fight will be featured on UFC Fight Pass – just not in the UFC.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>