#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Phoenix Fight Night #Vengeance Fighting Alliance #Duelo De Giagantes

TitovsRampage470While everyone was focused on the Roy Jones Jr. smokescreen, Bellator MMA did an end around and signed Quinton “Rampage” Jackson to fight Tito Ortiz on the promotion’s first pay-per-view offering.

The hot rumors recently had Rampage pairing up with Jones in a boxing match opposite the UFC’s big year-end pay-per-view that features two huge rematches: Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva and Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate. The boxing match hasn’t materialized, however, with Bellator instead luring the recently retired UFC Hall of Famer, Tito Ortiz, back to the cage.

Ortiz had recently teased on Twitter that a comeback might be afoot, and it has now materialized.

Rampage and Tito will square off on Nov. 2 at the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center in Long Beach, Calif.

The event, dubbed Rampage vs. Tito, marks Bellator’s first pay-per-view offering.

“To have two of the biggest names in MMA headline our first PPV is awesome,” Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney said. “Rampage vs. Tito is a fight I’ve wanted to see for years and to have it as our Main Event on our first Pay-Per-View is a spectacular next step in Bellator’s evolution. They’re both re-energized, excited and ready for a war. This will be a great fight.”

“Honestly, I feel like I’ve been re-born.,” Jackson said. “My excitement, energy and aggression, it’s all back and bigger than ever. I feel like a kid again. The Rampage you’ll see Nov. 2 will be better than any Rampage you’ve ever seen.  Everybody knows Tito and I have a very long history. He’s a former teammate and friend, and it’s one of the reasons I stayed away from the UFC as long as I did.  But, I want to be very clear; any sort of friendship we once had doesn’t exist when that cage door shuts. I’ve got a ton to prove on Nov. 2, and unfortunately for Tito he’s the guy I have to make an example of. He’s in my house now and Saturday, Nov. 2, on PPV, it’s going to be a horrible night for Tito Ortiz.”

“I’m back,” Ortiz stated. “Over the last few years, my passion for MMA was completely killed, dealing with UFC politics and with Dana. I didn’t have that drive to compete, my heart wasn’t in it. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m free. Bjorn and Bellator put together an opportunity that made me part of the promotion, part of the family.  I feel like I can breathe again and my old friend is going to be on the receiving end of all that happiness turned into an old school Tito Ortiz ground and pound beating. I’ve fought and beaten the very best in MMA history and on Nov. 2, Rampage will be the next huge win on my record. This is a new era for the People’s Champion.”

Comments

5 reasons to watch 'Bellator 182: Koreshkov vs. Njokuani,' hiding under the MayMac radar

Most of the MMA world is focused on MayMac this week, but don’t forget about two crucial welterweight fights Friday at Bellator 182.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator 182 weigh-in results: Chidi Njokuani heavy, but set for Andrey Koreshkov

Chidi Njokuani once again missed weight for a Bellator fight, coming in four pounds heavy against former champ Andrey Koreshkov.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Chris Honeycutt on Bellator 182 Opponent: 'I Wouldn't Say Kevin Casey Has the Greatest Technique' | MMAWeekly.com

Chris Honeycutt (9-1) returns to Bellator to take on Kevin Casey (9-5-2) in a preliminary card 185-pound on Friday in Verona, N.Y. read news >>

Bellator 182's Colleen Schneider will call out Ilima-Lei MacFarlane – with cameras rolling this time

After fighting her first Bellator bout without cameras, Colleen Schneider plans to make a splash at Bellator 182.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 182's Bruna Ellen eyeing finish over Veta Arteaga now, flyweight belt later

Looking to add a second Bellator win to her 1-1 promotional record, Brazilian flyweight Bruna Ellen is not lacking in confidence.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

In his own lane, Chidi Njokuani doesn't care about anyone else ahead of Bellator 182

Chidi Njokuani has been cruising along, but in classic fighter style, he says it doesn’t matter who it’s been against, or where. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Ex-champ Andrey Koreshkov has sights focused on another title run after Chidi Njokuani

Andrey Koreshkov says he found the mistake he made against Douglas Lima to lose his Bellator title and doesn’t plan on making it again.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

From mom's death to bad knee: Talita Nogueira's rough road to long-awaited Bellator debut

A lot went into finally making it here, but undefeated featherweight Talita Nogueira is happy and healthy ahead her Bellator debut.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Kate Jackson Going to Rely On Technique in Bellator MMA Debut | MMAWeekly.com

On August 25 in Verona, New York, Kate Jackson (8-2-1) makes her Bellator debut against veteran Colleen Schneider (11-7) in a main card 125-pound bout. read news >>

Bellator 182's Brennan Ward wants you excited more than he wants you to see his hand raised

Brennan Ward says it’s more important for you to not be bored by his performance than for him to win – especially right now in Bellator.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>