#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Bellator 185 #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #MMA Rocks #KSW 40 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Jan Blachowicz #Devin Clark #Kristina Williams #Conor McGregor

With the UFC’s biggest pay-per-view star taking an indefinite break from the sport, the organization would understandably be tempted to pester him for a return date. UFC President Dana White, though, said he plans to give Georges St-Pierre plenty of space.

“I’ll leave him alone,” White said this past weekend (watch the full post-UFC on FOX 9 media scrum above). “I’ll leave him alone and let him do his thing.

“When a guy gets done fighting, I don’t bother the guys until it’s time to fight again. Let them go, let them disappear and do their thing. Then we contact them when it’s time to fight again.”

This past week, St-Pierre vacated his welterweight title and announced his plans to take an indefinite break from the sport. He said he expects to return to the cage at some point in the future, but he had no timetable for such a return.

Following a split-decision win over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 this past month, St-Pierre hinted at some personal issues and said his life had become a “zoo.” That’s when he first suggested he might need time away from the cage.

“I can’t sleep at night, man,” St-Pierre, 32, said after the Nov. 16 pay-per-view event. “I’m going crazy. I have issues, and I need to get out for a while. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I feel like I’m leaving everything out now, but I need to leave part of my life personal. I need to get out for a little bit, and that’s it.”

With St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC), who had made nine consecutive title defenses since 2008, now on the sidelines, Hendricks (15-2 MMA, 10-2 UFC) and Robbie Lawler (22-9 MMA, 7-3 UFC) will fight for the vacant belt at UFC 171 on March.

Will St-Pierre be there?

“I don’t know, probably not,” White said. “It sounds like he wants to get away.

“Like I said … earlier, he’s going to fix the zoo first. Once he gets the zoo straightened out, he’ll probably be focusing on fighting again and trying to regain the title.”

For the latest on UFC 171, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Comments

Video: Ex-champ Anderson Silva, Kelvin Gastelum face off for UFC Fight Night 122

Anderson Silva and Kelvin Gastelum face off for the first time ahead of UFC Fight Night 122 on Nov. 25. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm Is Biggest Women's Fight UFC Can Muster in Down 2017

It's borderline miraculous that Cris "Cyborg" Justino and Holly Holm appear to be closing in on a women's featherweight title fight for UFC 219. Not so long ago, these two women were both down and ou read news >>

Matt Brown: 'It's Time for Diego Sanchez to Retire and I Think I'm Going to Retire Him' | MMAWeekly.com

Matt Brown plans on two UFC careers coming to an end in November read news >>

UFC Plans to Donation to Aid Victims of Las Vegas Shooting | MMAWeekly.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship is planning to make a sizable donation to aid the victims of Sunday's tragic shooting in Las Vegas. read news >>

UFC 216's Kevin Lee intends to prove he's not 'all talk' against 'weird dude' Tony Ferguson

Kevin Lee plans to be the one to back up all his trash talk when he steps in the octagon vs. Tony Ferguson at UFC 216.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

So, can Walt Harris get back his UFC 216 pay-per-view main-card slot?

Walt Harris has a simple request wish for UFC officials: give him back his spot back on Saturday’s UFC 216 pay-per-view main card.Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Matchmaker Says Khabib Nurmagomedov Was Offered Tony Ferguson at UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby reveals plans were in motion for Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov in November read news >>

Watch UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee Live on MMAWeekly.com | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee Pay-Per-View streams LIVE via FITE TV, Saturday, Oct. 7, at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT on MMAWeekly.com. read news >>

UFC vet Jon Tuck shares the secret to dumping massive weight in the bathroom

Beneil Dariush kicks off tonight’s UFC 216 pay-per-view main card, and Jon Tuck will be in his corner. The friendship has taught Tuck some tricks of the trade.Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, UFC read news >>

Replay: Relive UFC 216 with MMAjunkie Radio's fight-night SportsCastr event

Miss UFC 216, or just want to relive Saturday’s big pay-per-view event? Check out a replay of the fight-night chat with MMAjunkie Radio’s hosts.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>