#Conor McGregor #Justin Buchholz #Duane Ludwig #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #MMA KINGS #Rory MacDonald #UFC 202 #Dhiego Lima #Hayder Hassan #Alexander Gustafsson #Joanna Jedrzejczyk

With the UFC’s biggest pay-per-view star taking an indefinite break from the sport, the organization would understandably be tempted to pester him for a return date. UFC President Dana White, though, said he plans to give Georges St-Pierre plenty of space.

“I’ll leave him alone,” White said this past weekend (watch the full post-UFC on FOX 9 media scrum above). “I’ll leave him alone and let him do his thing.

“When a guy gets done fighting, I don’t bother the guys until it’s time to fight again. Let them go, let them disappear and do their thing. Then we contact them when it’s time to fight again.”

This past week, St-Pierre vacated his welterweight title and announced his plans to take an indefinite break from the sport. He said he expects to return to the cage at some point in the future, but he had no timetable for such a return.

Following a split-decision win over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 this past month, St-Pierre hinted at some personal issues and said his life had become a “zoo.” That’s when he first suggested he might need time away from the cage.

“I can’t sleep at night, man,” St-Pierre, 32, said after the Nov. 16 pay-per-view event. “I’m going crazy. I have issues, and I need to get out for a while. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I feel like I’m leaving everything out now, but I need to leave part of my life personal. I need to get out for a little bit, and that’s it.”

With St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC), who had made nine consecutive title defenses since 2008, now on the sidelines, Hendricks (15-2 MMA, 10-2 UFC) and Robbie Lawler (22-9 MMA, 7-3 UFC) will fight for the vacant belt at UFC 171 on March.

Will St-Pierre be there?

“I don’t know, probably not,” White said. “It sounds like he wants to get away.

“Like I said … earlier, he’s going to fix the zoo first. Once he gets the zoo straightened out, he’ll probably be focusing on fighting again and trying to regain the title.”

For the latest on UFC 171, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Gesias Cavalcante looks to spoil Kurt Holobaugh's UFC return plans with finish at Titan FC 44

Ex-champ Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante meets Kurt Holobaugh this Friday looking to conquer Titan FC’s interim lightweight title. But for the Brazilian veteran, belts are “just the cherry on top” of victorio read news >>

UFC 211 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 211 pay-per-view event in Dallas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check them out.Fil read news >>

Junior Dos Santos plans to retake 'baddest man on the planet' label with UFC 211 KO of Stipe Miocic

Only six fighters in UFC history have had multiple title reigns in a single weight class. Junior Dos Santos can become lucky number seven with a victory over heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic at UFC 211 read news >>

Video: Watch UFC 211's biggest stars face off in Dallas

DALLAS – Ahead of Saturday’s jam-packed UFC 211 event in Texas, the principle fighters on the card were rounded up to meet the media today. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk plans on being two-division titleholder

DALLAS – Strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk is back on some familiar turf this week for her UFC 211 co-headliner. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Longtime UFC veteran Nik Lentz announces departure from American Top Team, figuring out future plans

Nik Lentz today announced he’s no longer a part of American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Fla., ending a five-year relationship with the famed MMA training center.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ex-champ Anderson Silva says he's off UFC 212 lineup

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva says he’s no longer part of the UFC 212 card in Rio de Janeiro.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Vitor Belfort Not Retiring, Plans to Compete After UFC Contract Ends | MMAWeekly.com

Vitor Belfort initially planned to retire following his UFC 212 bout against Nate Marquardt in June, but those plans have changed. read news >>

Amanda Nunes Plans Lengthy UFC Reign, but May Delve into Other Divisions | MMAWeekly.com

UFC bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes plans on ruling the roost for a long time, but is considering multiple other weight classes. read news >>

Jordan Mein vs. Belal Muhammad headed to UFC 213 in Las Vegas

• a day ago

The UFC’s pay-per-view during “International Fight Week” in Las Vegas continues to build with the addition of a welterweight fight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>