#Dynasty of Heroes #Conor McGregor #Fight One #Shinya Aoki #UFC 211 #Angela Lee #Colosseum #Istela Nunes #Alexander Gustafsson #Ben Askren #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #Diaz vs. McGregor 2

Joanne CalderwoodSo far 2013 is falling right in line with Scottish female flyweight Joanne “Jojo” Calderwood’s first year in fighting; she’s still undefeated and is becoming one of the premier fighters in her weight class.

“I’ve had two fights this year, one in Invicta (against Livia von Plettenberg), which seems like ages ago, and one back home in Glasgow (against Sally Krumdiak), and in both fights I got wins and performed really well,” she said.

“My first one, I went three rounds in Invicta in January and it was pretty much one-sided. The second one I won in the second round with a TKO and that’s even better because I like ending the fight early and not going to the judges. “

Cyborg vs Coenen II-250adBeing undefeated (with a record of 6-0) is familiar territory for Calderwood, as is opponent changes. Prior to settling on Norma Rueda Center (2-0) for this Saturday’s Invicta FC 6 event in Kansas City, Calderwood went through two other opponents.

“I just like fighting and the opponent at the end of the day doesn’t really matter,” said Calderwood. “That happens in this sport and it wasn’t the first time it happened to me and it won’t be the last time, so it doesn’t really bother me.

“What matters is that I’m still fighting on the card and get to use what I worked on in the fight camp.”

Calderwood further stated, “I just concentrate on myself during my fight camp and make sure I’m the best person I can be in there. I think it’s important not to focus on their strengths and what they can do, because the second you start doing that, you’re in trouble because you’re not focusing on yourself.”

While Center herself may be unheralded, she comes from one of the premier groups in MMA, Team Jackson-Winkeljohn in New Mexico. Calderwood, however, doesn’t feel that will make a difference on Saturday night.

“I look at all my opponents knowing that I have to beat them if I want to get to the Invicta title,” she said. “That’s my goal and I need to beat anyone, whether they’re from a great camp or not. I need to fight them as a fighter.”

And even though the Invicta flyweight title is the overall goal for Calderwood as she finishes out the second half of 2013, it’s her focus on each individual fight that is bigger to her.

“It is my goal, but I’m not really thinking about it,” she said. “I’m thinking about Norma, and as long as I keep winning and performing the title will come to me.”

Are we ready to believe in Stipe Miocic yet? And if not, will breaking a record really matter?

Stipe Miocic doesn’t seem to be the fearsome heavyweight champion we expected, but now that he’s one win away from breaking a long-standing UFC record after his TKO victory at UFC 211, are we ready t read news >>

Dustin Poirier wants compensation and Eddie Alvarez rematch after UFC 211 no-contest

UFC lightweight Dustin Poirier doesn’t care about the no-contest on his record. He cares about the money lost when that call was made. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 180's Ryan Couture gets a fresh start, with a little nightmare to go along with it

Ryan Couture doesn’t need any time to decide the worst part of moving up in weight. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Rory MacDonald: 'Bellator: NYC' title fight between Douglas Lima, Lorenz Larkin a pick'em

Rory MacDonald doesn’t care who he challenges for the Bellator welterweight championship. However, he’s sending fair warning that whoever his opponent is should be ready for some serious pain.Filed u read news >>

UFC Fight Night 109's Trevor Smith quick to accept bout he expected to happen with Chris Camozzi

• a day ago

STOCKHOLM – “Late starter” Trevor Smith doesn’t read too much into Chris Camozzi’s bulkier MMA record: “I’m happy with where I’m at.”Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Wait, is Chuck Liddell considering a UFC comeback? All depends on the opponent, trainer says

Based on a couple of Instagram posts these past few weeks, UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell looks like someone in search of a fight. And people have noticed. Here was Liddell throwing some serious elb read news >>

'Everything is possible' to Francis Ngannou, maybe even a UFC title shot this year

LAS VEGAS – UFC heavyweight contender Francis Ngannou doesn’t have a fight lined up. First thing’s first – he needs to get acclimated.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Watch Jessica Andrade Submit Joanne Calderwood (UFC 211 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Jessica Andrade's Performance of the Night finish of Joanne Calderwood at UFC 203 last year. She faces strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 211. read news >>

Dustin Poirier Says Eddie Alvarez is Going to Get 'Whipped' at UFC 211 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC lightweight Dustin Poirier doesn’t shy away from the fact that he can be an emotional fighter. On more than one occasion his emotions got the better of him. read news >>

UFC-Glasgow adds Gunnar Nelson vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio, Joanne Calderwood vs. Cynthia Calvillo

The fight card for the UFC’s upcoming return to Scotland, UFC Fight Night 113, has two big additions. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>