#UFC 217 #Michael Bisping #GSP #Conor McGregor #Fight Night Sydney #Ben Askren #Shinya Aoki #Rose Namajunas #TJ Dillashaw #ONE FC #Cody Garbrandt

Jared Rosholt Team TakedownAfter four wins in four fights in 2011, heavyweight prospect Jared Rosholt has been off the entirety of this year, but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t been busy.

“This last year, after I had those four fights, I’ve had a lot of time to focus on my hands and my stand-up,” said Rosholt. “I’m not getting away from my wrestling, I’m keeping that touched up and sharp, but I’m looking to blend my wrestling with my striking and make it flow better together.”

A three-time collegiate All-American and the most winning heavyweight in the history of Oklahoma State University, Rosholt’s wrestling has allowed him to quickly adapt to MMA and dominate his matches.

“It’s got to be a constant threat to any opponent that I fight with my credentials and pedigree in wrestling,” he said. “It’s got to be in the back of their mind that it’s always there and I can use it at any time. If somebody gets wild out there, I’m just going to do what I do and put them down.”

Rosholt told MMAWeekly.com that his strategy wouldn’t change much in his next fight as he takes on Derrick Lewis for the Legacy FC heavyweight championship Friday night in Dallas and live on AXS TV.

“It’s a match-up between a Division-1 wrestler and athlete against a guy who’s more of a street brawler type,” said Rosholt. “Nothing stands out (about Lewis) as ‘wow, this guy has got smooth, crisp boxing’ or anything like that; it’s just go out there and throw big punches like basically every guy who’s faced me.

“It’s not going to be any different for me mindset wise. I’m not worried about anything going bad or anything like that. He’s a big, strong guy, but I am too.”

The younger brother of former UFC light heavyweight Jake Rosholt, Jared has been able to use his elder sibling as a template for how to progress in his own career.

“MMA’s a tough world to live in and a tough career,” said Rosholt. “Jake’s been a good example for me to watch.

“He’s been kind of the guinea pig for all of us at Team Takedown. He’s been the one who got thrown out there, had tough fights and tough losses. It’s a good thing for me to see, but it’s been tough for him to be the guy who has to show everybody (the way).”

Currently signed to a three-fight deal with Legacy, Rosholt is looking to make a big impact the remainder of this year, starting Friday night in Dallas fighting for the heavyweight crown.

“It’s going to be exciting that it’s on TV in front of more people and for the Legacy belt,” he said. “It’s made the training more intense. It’s made me want to train harder, go faster.

“Everything is bigger now with this one. It makes a difference I think. I’m not going to say it doesn’t, but it doesn’t change the fact that I’m going out there planning to go hard the whole time.”

(Photo courtesy of Team Takedown)

Comments

UFC Fight Night 119's Pedro Munhoz tries for third bonus – and wants a Top 10 opponent next

UFC bantamweight Pedro Munhoz is gunning for a top-10 opponent – and his third performance bonus – against Rob Font.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk gunning for Ronda Rousey's record; Colby Covington unleashes on Tyron Woodley | MMAWeekly.com

On the latest Fight Society podcast, UFC women's strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk and rising welterweight star Colby Covington join the show. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 127 Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

UFC Fight Night 127 Date: March 17, 2018 Venue: The O2 Arena Location: London, England UFC Fight Night 127 News UFC Fight Night 127 Videos UFC Fight Night 127 Fight Card Follow MMAWeekly.com on Faceb read news >>

UFC Fight Night 126 Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

UFC Fight Night 126 Date: February 18, 2018 Venue: Frank Erwin Center Location: Austin, TX UFC Fight Night 126 News UFC Fight Night 126 Videos UFC Fight Night 126 Fight Card Follow MMAWeekly.com on F read news >>

UFC Fight Night 125 Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

UFC Fight Night 125 Date: February 3, 2018 Venue: Arena Guilherme Paraense Location: Belém, Brazil UFC Fight Night 125 News UFC Fight Night 125 Videos UFC Fight Night 125 Fight Card Follow MMAWeekly. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 124 Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

UFC Fight Night 124 Date: January 14, 2018 Venue: Scottrade Center Location: St. Louis, Missouri UFC Fight Night 124 News UFC Fight Night 124 Videos UFC Fight Night 124 Fight Card Follow MMAWeekly.co read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120: Poirier vs. Pettis Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC Fight Night 120: Poirier vs. Pettis full live results and fight stats. First fight is slated for 6:30 pm ET / 3:30 pm PT on Saturday. read news >>

Humberto Bandenay out at UFC-Sydney; featherweight sought for Alex Volkanovski

Peruvian prospect Humbert Bandenay will have to wait to follow up on his scintillating UFC debut.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 122: Bisping vs. Gastelum Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC Fight Night 122: Bisping vs. Gastelum full live results and fight stats. First fight is slated for 3:45 am ET / 12:45 am PT on Nov. 25. read news >>

Justin Buchholz talks Cody Garbrandt's UFC 217 title loss and current Team Alpha Male role

After Cody Garbrandt’s title loss to T.J. Dillashaw at UFC 217, coach Justin Buchholz discussed the struggles of putting together the then-champ’s camp: “He was hurt a lot this year.”Filed under: New read news >>