#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Nate Diaz #Fight Night Rotterdam #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Darren Till #Michael Bisping #Anderson Silva #Donald Cerrone #Demetrious Johnson

Chris Camozzi UFC on FoxAfter suffering back-to-back losses in the UFC, Chris Camozzi was able to get back on track with a win over Dustin Jacoby in January. In the process, he was able to finally feel fully in synch with the promotion for the first time since debuting for them two years ago.

“The fight got me back in the win column, obviously, but it’s just another step for me to becoming more comfortable in the Octagon,” he said.

Camozzi told MMAWeekly.com that he feels that comfort level will continue when he fights again on June 22 at UFC on FX 4.

“That was my fifth fight with them, and I feel like that is the most comfortable I’ve felt in there and that’s going to translate into this fight, as well,” he said. “I’m doing what I need to do and am able to think more clearly in there without the excitement and adrenaline affecting me.”

Even though he’s got a winning record for the UFC, Camozzi knows he has to stay on the winning track to ensure his spot with the company.

“I try not to think about it, and just go in and do my thing, but every fight now is important,” he said. “You can get cut at any moment, so every fight is the most important fight.”

On June 22, Camozzi feels he’ll have a good opportunity to build a winning streak when he takes on Nick Catone.

“I’m taller, I’m bigger, and I’m more well-rounded,” said Camozzi. “I think he’s a good wrestler and has good boxing, but I’ve gotten better everywhere. I know my wrestling hasn’t shown as much lately, but I am a good wrestler and I’m hoping it shows in this fight.

“I know he wants to take me down and hold me down, so I’ve got to make sure that doesn’t happen, use my reach and get the win.”

Catone is coming off an Achilles tendon injury, which sidelined him for over a year. When asked if he feels he can use this layoff to his advantage, Camozzi joked, “I hope so.”

On a more serious note, he added, “There might be a little ring rust, but who knows? He’s been sitting on the sidelines for a year watching everyone else fight, and I know I’d get stir crazy if I waited that long, so I’m expecting him to come stronger and hungrier than ever.”

Looking forward to the rest of the year, Camozzi is not only looking to secure his spot in the UFC, but also help pay for his impending nuptials after his recent engagement.

“I’m hoping to maybe get on the Denver card (UFC 150 on Aug. 11),” he said. “I’m always going to other guys’ hometowns to fight, so I’d love to have somebody come to Denver to fight me.

“Hopefully I can put this one away quick and then get on the Denver card and keep rolling from there. I’m not looking past this guy, but if things go perfectly, I’d like to get back in there and fight as soon as possible.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

Champion Andrea Lee Thinks He's A Better Fighter Than Her LFA 23 Opponent | MMAWeekly.com

Andrea Lee will finally get the opportunity to defend her 125-pound title when she takes on Jamie Thorton in the LFA 23 co-main event on Friday. read news >>

Paige VanZant Reveals Title and Cover for Her New Book Due Out in 2018 | MMAWeekly.com

Paige VanZant will release her first book in 2018 and she's finally revealed the title and the cover for her upcoming autobiography. The book will be titled "Rise: Surviving the Fight of My Life", wh read news >>

Rory MacDonald and his glorious turtleneck threw shade at Douglas Lima during first face-off

Rory MacDonald did not hide his feeling about Bellator welterweight champ Douglas Lima during their first staredown.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

After postponement for UFC 215 fight, Jeremy Stephens finally got married over the weekend

After pushing back his wedding to fight at UFC 215, Jeremy Stephens had his wedding over the weekend.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Mueller believes she can be champ

“I feel like I’m so blessed that I found MMA and realized this is my calling,” she said. “I feel like I’m not just gonna be good at this; I truly believe that I’m going to be great and going to be a read news >>

Aspen Ladd Finally Books Long Awaited UFC Debut Fight in Poland | MMAWeekly.com

Highly touted bantamweight prospect Aspen Ladd has finally booked her Octagon debut against Lina Lansberg at UFC Fight Night in Poland on Oct. 21. UFC officials announced the new matchup on Tuesday. read news >>

A Fight with Conor? Bellator 3-Division Champ? Rory MacDonald Wants It All

Rory MacDonald seems to have found some extra swagger since arriving in Bellator MMA. Perhaps there's good reason for that. Long regarded as one of the top welterweights in the world, the 28-year-old read news >>

Dominick Cruz Returns; Cynthia Calvillo Booked Against Former Champ at UFC 219 | MMAWeekly.com

Former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz has finally booked his next fight as he will face off with Jimmie Rivera at UFC 219 in Las Vegas on Dec. 30. Cruz has been out of action since losing the ba read news >>

13 interesting tidbits from Conor McGregor's fan Q&A in Scotland

Conor Mcgregor reflected on his loss to Floyd Mayweather and looked forward to what could be next for him in the UFC.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee Odds, Tickets, Predictions and Pre-Weigh-in Hype

At UFC 216, the lightweight division will finally have an active title picture for the first time in the Conor McGregor era. Either Tony Ferguson or Kevin Lee will become the interim title holder in read news >>