#UFC Fight Night 83 #Conor McGregor #Luke Rockhold #Nate Diaz #David Branch #Saturday Night Fights #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping #Jon Jones #GGG

After winning seven of his first eight fights, former Bellator bantamweight champion Joe Warren has suffered back-to-back losses for the first time in his career.

According to Warren, those are the kinds of risks you take when you face top tier talent.

“I believe the last year was rough, but I’m a prizefighter who fights for titles and those are tough fights,” said Warren. “Besides that, training is fine and I’m really healthy and more powerful at 135, and I believe it’s going to change my fighting style when I’m at a competitive weight class.

“Fighting a guy like Pat Curran, who is seven inches (taller) and 30 pounds bigger became a factor in the later rounds. Now I get to fight at a weight I’m comfortable at and I’m excited about it.”

Warren told MMAWeekly.com that he feels at 135 pounds that his strength will make a difference in his fights.

“I’m stronger and can control (my opponents) a lot better than the 145ers,” he said. “A lot of 135ers can’t get me away from them when I attack them.”

Warren’s first test at his new weight comes against a fighter who is also in need of a win after consecutive losses, Owen Evinger, at Bellator 80 on Friday night in Hollywood, Fla.

“I feel really explosive and focused on the goal at hand – winning this fight,” said Warren. “I believe that my intensity and pressure will be too much for him and I’ll finish him.”

While he intends on pushing the pace, Warren says that he won’t overdo things in an effort to make a point to silence any of his critics.

“I’m not worried about statements,” said Warren. “I know who I am and what kind of athlete I am.

“I’m just worried about being technically correct, being explosive, letting my hands go at the right time and be able to finish situations and end the match. I’m just focused on my techniques and finishing the fight.”

With this being the last time Warren will fight for Bellator on MTV 2, a win will help him make a transition when the company moves to its new home at Spike TV next year and help recapture past glory.

“I think that’s the future right now, fighting on Spike for Bellator and winning another title,” he said. “My waist is feeling a little naked without a belt right now, so I want to go out and make it so I’m comfortable again.”

Watch Bellator 80 LIVE on MMAWeekly.com, Friday at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT.

Comments

Bellator's Roy Nelson got tired of UFC politics: Their title belts 'don't mean (expletive)'

As he starts off a new run in a new home, Roy Nelson already has his sights on the one accolade that eluded him in the UFC: a title belt.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

UFC-Pittsburgh results: Olivier Aubin-Mercier starts quick, survives late Tony Martin rally

Olivier Aubin-Mercier started quick and survived a late rally from Tony Martin en route to a split-decision victory.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC-Pittsburgh results: Anthony Smith starts slow but blasts Hector Lombard in 3rd

Anthony Smith didn’t exactly inspire for the opening two rounds of his clash with Hector Lombard, but he turned it on in the third.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 183's Lorenz Larkin despises Paul Daley: 'I've never not liked somebody like this guy'

Lorenz Larkin is not a fan of Bellator 183 opponent Paul Daley – and that’s putting it lightly.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Fans invited to this week's Bellator 183 weigh-ins, Fan Fest (and chance for a sick dinner prize)

Bellator’s return to its home base in San Jose, Calif., goes down this week, and fans can get up close and personal with MMA superstars.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Rematch to determine inaugural women's flyweight champion at Bellator 186

Bellator will crown its first female 125-pound champion at Bellator 186 with Ilima MacFarlane vs. Emily Ducote.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Check out the 'Bellator Flying Cage' that will descend upon Bellator 183 on Saturday

We’ve seen cages and rings in every shape and size, but Bellator will have a special apparatus at Saturday’s Bellator 183 event.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

Watch Roy Nelson tussle with wing chun dummy ahead of Bellator 183

Not much about Roy Nelson’s technique screams kung fu, but the newly minted Bellator heavyweight is serious about his roots. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Patricky Freire sees Benson Henderson as tough foe, remains bothered by Josh Thomson

Patricky Freire headlines Bellator 183 against not only a former UFC champion – but also the last guy to beat his own brother. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator books Douglas Lima vs. Rory MacDonald title fight for Jan. 20

• a day ago

The Bellator welterweight title will be on the line in January.Filed under: Bellator read news >>