#Conor McGregor #Cris Cyborg #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #Angela Magana #Paul Daley #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Daniel Cormier #Jon Jones

After losing to Junior dos Santos in 2008, Fabricio Werdum embarked on a career outside the UFC, signing with Strikeforce and earning the biggest victory of his life against heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko.

The BJJ black belt returned to the Octagon this month with an important victory over Roy Nelson at UFC 143 and is now preparing to serve as Wanderlei Silva’s jiu-jitsu coach on “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil.” Speaking this week with Sherdog.com, Werdum gave his thoughts on the Nelson fight, why he thinks “Big Country” could flourish at 205 pounds, and his desire to fight on the UFC’s June card in Brazil.

Fabricio Werdum: The concern wasn’t with his tactics, but with our own. I was very focused on training, and what inspired me was Wanderlei’s victory over Cung Le [at UFC 139]. I was there and saw the very good communication between [trainer] Rafael Cordeiro, Andre Dida and Wand. I looked up to that. I saw that Wand followed the tactic strictly, because it was an important fight for him to win. So, I wanted to do the same. What we planned on in training, we did in the fight.

Werdum: I was expecting it. It’s a characteristic of Roy’s, to withstand a beating. If there was another fighter who got cut like that, they could be shaken. One thing I didn’t feel from him was his strength. I don’t know if it was the diet or what he did to lose weight, but his strength wasn’t what I expected. We were sparring in the gym with Orlando Sanchez; he’s very strong and 275 pounds, so we hired him. We did a lot of clinch training, but in the fight, I didn’t feel pressure from Nelson. I was careful of his right hand because, yes, it’s heavy, but I didn’t feel his strength in the clinch.

Werdum: There’s nothing right now, but I’m pushing to fight at UFC in Sao Paulo. I’ll make it happen. Since I’m part of Wand’s team on “TUF,” it would be cool to fight at this event also, to complete our work. You can do the “TUF” well and then fight.

Werdum: When I entered and the song played, I laughed. I like the mood of the music, and it’s so popular in Brazil right now that I thought of the crowd in Sao Paulo singing the song. I’m imagining it in the UFC show in Sao Paulo. It would be like Paulo Thiago’s entrance [at UFC 134 in Rio], where everyone sang “Tropa de Elite.”

Werdum: I think he’s suited to be stronger at light heavyweight. Maybe it’s just like Samson, cutting his hair and losing his strength (laughs). He showed the world that he can be strong in any category. He knocked out Brendan Schaub and “Cro Cop” [Mirko Filipovic]. He would do well in our division, but I think it’s better for him to go to light heavyweight.

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Junior Dos Santos and UFC 211's other losing fighters?

After every event, fans wonder whom the losing fighters will be matched up with next. And with another night of UFC action in the rearview mirror, it's time to look forward, put on a pair of Sean She read news >>

UFC 211 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 211 pay-per-view event in Dallas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check them out.Fil read news >>

Stockholm newcomer Oliver Enkamp in for Emil Meek vs. Nordine Taleb at UFC Fight Night 109

After losing his opponent, Nordine Taleb will stay on the UFC’s card in Sweden later this month.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey Needs to 'Grow the F--k Up' After Losing, Says Demetrious Johnson

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson did not mince words about Ronda Rousey when he was discussing how easy it is to lose in a sport like mixed martial arts. In an interview with Sports Illustra read news >>

Ben Neumann Sees LFA 12 Title Bout as Most Important Fight of His Career | MMAWeekly.com

Ben Neumann will look to pick up his fourth win in a row and first major championship when he takes on Derrick Krantz in the LFA 12 main event on Friday. read news >>

Glover Teixeira's KO of the Night Win Over Ryan Bader (UFC Stockholm Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Glover Teixeira started his UFC career winning his first five bouts including this Knockout of the Night victory over Ryan Bader in 2013. read news >>

The List: Who is the greatest UFC heavyweight champion of all time?

Brock Lesnar? Cain Velasquez? Randy Couture? Fabricio Werdum? MMAjunkie writers make their case for the greatest UFC heavyweight champion of all time.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ahead of the UFC 211 rematch, take a look back at Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos I

The heavyweight title is back on the line next week in Dallas with a highly anticipated rematch. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Vitor Belfort Reveals UFC Retirement Plan | MMAWeekly.com

Vitor Belfort has unveiled his UFC retirement plan, putting the wraps on a career that has spanned more than two decades. read news >>

UFC 211: Stipe Miocic vs. Junior dos Santos 2 Extended Preview | MMAWeekly.com

In 2014, Stipe Miocic and Junior Dos Santos engaged in an epic five-round battle that saw "Cigano" emerge with a razor-close victory. They rematch on May 13. read news >>