#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Bellator MMA #Ovince St. Preux #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Paul Daley #Conor McGregor

After fighting just once in all of 2012, heavyweight Bobby Lashley (9-2) racked up two wins in the past month alone. If things go according to his plans, Lashley could have as many as six fights under his belt by year’s end.

“There’s a couple organizations right now that we’re talking about doing a multi-fight deal with, so it’s just time to feel some things out,” Lashley told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). “It’s time to figure out who would like to have me for the next few fights.”

Lashley, who recently took some time off from MMA to work a few things out in his personal life, has returned to the sport with a vengeance, earning two wins in a span of just 22 days, both coming by way of submission. Both victories came against fighters coming off losses, but Lashley believes they were the right opponents for him to continue his development as a fighter. Still, he knows at 36 years old, it’s time to put his talent to the test if he has aspirations of landing on the sport’s biggest stages.

“I think I’ve got to prove myself a little more,” Lashley said. “I think the next few fights, … I’m going to be able to show how eager I really am and what I’m capable of doing. I think that’s what it really all boils down to.

“They’re not going to pay you for your name. They’re going to pay you for what you’re capable of doing. I’ve got to raise my stock.”

Lashley said he’s already in talks for two different potential bouts in August, as well as one in November. He’d also like to continue to pursue the professional wrestling career that was his bread and butter until he turned to MMA in 2008.

In the meantime, he’ll try to land with a promotion that will keep him busy as Lashley looks to prove he’s more than a wrestler-turned-fighter but has developed legitimate skills and is worthy of consideration as a world-class mixed-martial-artist.

“I think for me right now, it’s more of getting myself ready,” Lashley said. “I think if I’m more comfortable, I’m going to be really ready. I think I’m going to have a better time out there, and I’m not going to be rushing to try and finish really quick. I’ll just take my time, fight, stay out there and display my skills.”

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Comments

UFC 215 lineup set with 2 title fights in Edmonton, including Demetrious Johnson's quest for record

The lineup is set for the UFC’s return trip to Canada next month, including a pair of title fights at the top of the bill. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Paulie, Canelo, Golovkin: Crossover Fights for Conor McGregor to Consider

Conor McGregor had the most lucrative boxing debut of all time. It's safe to say he has more opportunities than any 0-1 fighter coming off a TKO loss. Given the skills and mettle he showed while surv read news >>

Watch Stefan Struve Make Short Work of Lavar Johnson (UFC Rotterdam Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Stefan Struve submit Lavar Johnson in 2012. read news >>

Volkov vs Struve Fantasy Preview

In today's fantasy preview, we'll examine these fights and several more to see who has the advantage going into Saturday's card and who might be primed for an upset at UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Str read news >>

Jose Aldo Wants to Finish Fights in UFC Contract to Start Boxing, Coach Says

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo may soon follow in the footsteps of Conor McGregor and take his talents to the boxing ring. "He’s training boxing because he has this dream of competing in read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>

After 2-year struggle to get fights, Antonio Paulo Branjao thankful for LFA 21 headliner

“TUF: Brazil 3” alum and LFA 21 headliner Antonio Paulo Branjao hasn’t fought in more than two years, but he hasn’t been idle in training.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

The 10: September’s Most Anticipated, Intriguing and Exciting Matchups

Here’s a look at the most compelling, competitive and important fights set to hit the cage in the month ahead. This is The 10. read news >>

Elite Eight - Demetrious Johnson Fights

Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson isn’t just one of the most dominant champions competing in the Octagon at the moment; he may be one of the most dominant ever. As we await Saturday night’s card in E read news >>

UFC 215: Johnson vs Borg Fantasy Preview

In today's fantasy preview, we'll examine the two title fights and plenty more from this upcoming card to see who has the edge and who might be primed for an upset at UFC 215: Johnson vs. Borg. Order read news >>