Former UFC fighter and current World Series of Fighting featherweight Waylon Lowe is in a much different kind of fight these days.
According to Philly.com, the 32-year-old is suing the maker of Kama Sutra Pleasure Balm Prolonging Gel after he alleges he suffered burned and scarred genitals that led to permanent disfigurement and dysfunction.
Lower is suing the sex shop, the Philadelphia-based The Mood, where he says he bought the gel, and its creator, Kama Sutra Co. and Kamsut Inc., which reportedly has sold more than a million units of the gel. The fighter is seeking more than $50,000 in damages, according to a lawsuit filed in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court.
“This is a very private, but very significant loss for a man who is very vital in so many other aspects,” Lowe’s attorney, Thomas R. Kline, told Philly.com. “This is a man who literally makes his living avoiding injury; he knows how to protect himself. Yet he wasn’t provided with the most basic, simple instructions to protect himself from this product. If it could happen to him, it could happen to anyone.”
According to the report:
In the complaint, filed May 14, Lowe claims he had used the desensitizing gel previously without problem. And when he applied it last Sept. 1, he and his fiancée began lovemaking without incident. But when their 3-year-old daughter awoke, the fiancée interrupted their intercourse to attend to her, according to the lawsuit.
Before she returned, Lowe “began to experience excruciating pain and pressure in his penis,” the lawsuit states. “He removed the condom and his penis swelled significantly. He sought emergency medical treatment and follow-up care thereafter.”
Lowe (14-4), a three-time NCAA Division II national wrestling champion, went 2-2 in the UFC before his release in 2011. Since then, he’s won four consecutive fights – all via knockout – including his recent victory over Cameron Dollar at WSOF 2 in March.view original article >>
Ex-UFC champ Mauricio “Shogun” Rua apologized to the fans and opponent Ovince Saint Preux after pulling out of UFC Fight Night 117 in Japan.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
According to Brazil’s Combate.com, former featherweight titleholder Jose Aldo will get his wish of a 2017 octagon return.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
It hasn’t been smooth sailing so far for Benson Henderson or Lorenz Larkin. Roy Nelson tests the waters for the first time at Bellator 183.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>
Paige VanZant wanted to fight next weekend at UFC 216 but instead it appears she'll be laid up in bed trying to recover from any number of ailments that struck her recently. VanZant was scheduled to read news >>
Cris "Cyborg" Justino was ready to fight at UFC 219 in December but as of now there's no indication that she'll actually return on that date. Late Tuesday night, Cyborg revealed via Twitter that an u read news >>
Former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz explains why current titleholder Cody Garbrandt won't pull out his UFC 217 title defense no matter what. read news >>
Brazilian police are expecting to hear from Rony Jason after videos of what appears to be the fighter assaulting a woman circulated online.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Henry Cejudo still plans to fight at UFC 218 despite burning his foot and losing key personal items while escaping the California wildfires.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Former UFC welterweight champ Johny Hendricks knew he could no longer continue down the same path after his latest loss.Filed under: Featured, News, Radio Highlight, UFC read news >>
Set to return to the octagon after more than two years, Lyoto Machida says his UFC Fight Night 119 feels like a new beginning of sorts.Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>