After suffering the first two losses of his career in consecutive fights, Evan Dunham has now won two straight and is back in the title hunt at 155 pounds.

Most recently he stopped Nik Lentz on Jan. 28 at UFC on Fox 2. Now he has his eye on the Feb. 26 matchup between Joe Lauzon and Anthony Pettis.

“I’m really looking forward to hopefully taking on the [winner] of Pettis and Lauzon,” Dunham told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “I haven’t heard anything from the UFC or anything like that, but that’s who I have in mind and that’s who I would like to fight, would be the winner of that fight.”

Lauzon-Pettis is scheduled to take place on the UFC 144 main card. Both are coming off victories, with Pettis outpointing Jeremy Stephens in his last bout and Lauzon submitting Melvin Guillard.

“I think both of those guys are phenomenal fighters,” Dunham said of Pettis and Lauzon. “They’re both up there really pushing for that top slot to get into title contention. I see that as a perfect fight for me to go in there and take one of those guys out and place myself there.”

Dunham won his first four fights in the UFC before losing a controversial split decision to Sean Sherk. He dropped his next match too, getting stopped by Guillard, but then bounced back last September with a unanimous decision over Shamar Bailey. The Bailey win was the second and last fight for Dunham in 2011. He hopes to be more active in 2012.

“I want to get in there at least three more times this year and make it four fights this year,” Dunham said. “Usually I get in about three. Last year I had only two because of an injury. I’m looking to make that up this year.”

If the UFC does give him the winner of Lauzon-Pettis, then he thinks he’ll be fighting Lauzon next.

“I think I’m going to go with Lauzon,” said Dunham, predicting Lauzon to get by Pettis. “He’s got a better ground game. If he can kind of negate the standup a bit and get it to the ground, I think he can win on the ground, but it’s going to be a close fight. Both of those guys are tough and really talented. It’s just going to be who is able to implement their game.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:03:30).

UFC on FOX 23 staff picks: Valentina Shevchenko, Julianna Pena neck and neck – who has the edge?

The UFC returns to the city it got its start in this weekend with UFC on FOX 23. Check out our picks for the event inside. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 Athlete Outfitting pay: Top earners all suffer losses

DENVER – Fighters from Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 event took home UFC Athlete Outfitting pay, a program that launched after the UFC’s deal with Reebok, totaling $155,000.Filed under: News, Videos read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for UFC Fight Night 104 in Houston

We want your predictions for Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 event in Houston.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104 staff picks: Our readers like 'The Korean Zombie,' but do our staffers agree?

Check out our staff members’ picks for Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 event in Houston. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

James Vick full media scrum ahead of UFC Fight Night 104

HOUSTON – After suffering the first loss of his professional MMA career, Texan James Vick now fights in his home state.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for UFC 208 in Brookyln

We want your predictions for Saturday’s UFC 208 event in Brooklyn, N.Y.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Derek Brunson Says Anderson Silva's Losses are Due to 'Unfortunate Events' | MMAWeekly.com

Middleweight contender Derek Brunson faces former champion Anderson Silva in the UFC 208 co-main event with hopes that a win will put him back into title talk. read news >>

UFC 208 staff picks: Holm or de Randamie? Silva or Brunson? Our crew nearly is split down the middle

Check out our picks for the UFC 208 main card inside. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

After hamstring injury, UFC Fight Night 105's Thiago Santos looks to bounce back

Two losses stick out on Thiago “Marreta” Santos’ recent resume, but according to the Brazilian UFC middleweight, the most recent one doesn’t tell the whole story.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>