#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 120 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #Fight One #Dustin Poirier #Anthony Pettis #TJ Dillashaw #Fabricio Werdum #Cody Garbrandt

Heading into his UFC debut on July 22 at UFC on Fox 25, middleweight Eryk Anders wasn’t emotional one way or the other.

Having played football in college at one of the sport’s premier programs in Alabama, being on a big stage doesn’t faze him at all, and he’s able to perform as he feels he should.

“I feel I performed very well,” Anders told MMAWeekly.com of his first round TKO of Rafael Natal. “I made a few adjustments from the last fight to this fight that led me to go out there and get the finish.

“I really wasn’t nervous or excited before the fight started. It was kind of another day at the office for me. You have to take advantage of the opportunity presented to you. And then after I got the win that’s when the excitement set in.”

Now that he’s in the UFC and having defeated a 30-fight veteran in Natal, Anders believes he’s arrived at where he should be at the right time in his career.

Dana White Still Thinks Ronda Rousey Will Retire, but What’s Sad About That?

“I just fought a guy who just a year ago or two fights ago was in the Top 15,” said Anders. “It makes me feel pretty confident with the level of competition in the middleweight division and where I’m at right now. I think the sky is the limit.”

Eryk Anders at UFC on FOX 25Having had just one month between his win over Natal and his previous victory over Brendan Allen at Legacy Fighting Alliance 14, Anders is confident that he’ll be able to turn right back around and have another bout or two by year’s end.

“I pretty much train all day every day and it doesn’t really much change in between,” Anders said. “Whether I have a fight coming up or I don’t, I’m always in the gym training and teaching. I can take short-notice fights and feel pretty confident in my preparation.

“I’d like to fight once or twice more before the end of the year. I told them I’m ready to go at all times, and whoever they put in front of me – we’ll take them on anytime, anyplace, anywhere – anybody.”

Comments

Is the UFC Contemplating Promoting Boxing? | MMAWeekly.com

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor was a one-off opportunity, but could Dana White see his company getting into boxing on a regular basis? read news >>

Pedro Munhoz Scores First-Round Finish of Rob Font (UFC Sao Paulo Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Pedro Munhoz continued his rise up the bantamweight ranks with a first-round finish of Rob Font at UFC Fight Night 119 on Saturday night. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 119 results: Marcelo Golm makes easy work of Christian Colombo in debut

In his UFC debut, heavyweight Marcelo Golm beat up Christian Colombo on the feet, then took him to the canvas for an easy submission.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Providing for daughter is Junior Albini's 'greatest pleasure' since life-changing UFC debut

After impressing in his UFC debut and winning the hearts of many with his life story, Junior Albini views the added pressure of his second octagon outing in a positive light.Filed under: Featured, Ne read news >>

Anderson Silva Defiant After Doping Violation Forced Him Off UFC Shanghai | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva issued his first comments since being flagged for a potential UFC Anti-Doping Policy violation. Silva was slated to meet Kelvin Gastelum on Nov. 25 in read news >>

Marcelo Golm Pulls Off First-Round Finish in Octagon Debut (UFC Sao Paulo Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Marcelo Golm's Octagon debut, where he scored a first-round finish of Christian Colombo at UFC Fight Night 119. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Raises Doubt About Defending UFC Belt | MMAWeekly.com

Georges St-Pierre made his successful return to the Octagon at UFC 217. But what comes next? Even St-Pierre doesn't know. read news >>

Rampage Jackson Free of UFC, Inks New Deal with Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has moved clear of his UFC entanglements and inked a new deal with Bellator. read news >>

Karl Roberson Sinks the Choke on Darren Stewart (UFC Norfolk Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Karl Roberson's first-round submission win over Darren Stewart at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday. read news >>

Edson Barboza Declares Tony Ferguson, Not Conor McGregor, is the True Champion | MMAWeekly.com

Edson Barboza doesn't really consider Conor McGregor the true UFC lightweight champion. read news >>