#UFC Fight Night 124 #Francis Ngannou #Khabib Nurmagomedov #UFC 218 #Daniel Cormier #Conor McGregor #UFC 220 #Alistair Overeem #UFC 219

Eryk Anders Believes 'The Sky Is The Limit' After Successful UFC Debut | MMAWeekly.com

Heading into his UFC debut on July 22 at UFC on Fox 25, middleweight Eryk Anders wasn’t emotional one way or the other.

Having played football in college at one of the sport’s premier programs in Alabama, being on a big stage doesn’t faze him at all, and he’s able to perform as he feels he should.

“I feel I performed very well,” Anders told MMAWeekly.com of his first round TKO of Rafael Natal. “I made a few adjustments from the last fight to this fight that led me to go out there and get the finish.

“I really wasn’t nervous or excited before the fight started. It was kind of another day at the office for me. You have to take advantage of the opportunity presented to you. And then after I got the win that’s when the excitement set in.”

Now that he’s in the UFC and having defeated a 30-fight veteran in Natal, Anders believes he’s arrived at where he should be at the right time in his career.

Dana White Still Thinks Ronda Rousey Will Retire, but What’s Sad About That?

“I just fought a guy who just a year ago or two fights ago was in the Top 15,” said Anders. “It makes me feel pretty confident with the level of competition in the middleweight division and where I’m at right now. I think the sky is the limit.”

Eryk Anders at UFC on FOX 25Having had just one month between his win over Natal and his previous victory over Brendan Allen at Legacy Fighting Alliance 14, Anders is confident that he’ll be able to turn right back around and have another bout or two by year’s end.

“I pretty much train all day every day and it doesn’t really much change in between,” Anders said. “Whether I have a fight coming up or I don’t, I’m always in the gym training and teaching. I can take short-notice fights and feel pretty confident in my preparation.

“I’d like to fight once or twice more before the end of the year. I told them I’m ready to go at all times, and whoever they put in front of me – we’ll take them on anytime, anyplace, anywhere – anybody.”

Comments

Missing Weight for UFC on FOX 26 Cost Josh Emmett $62,000 | MMAWeekly.com

Josh Emmett missing weight for his UFC on FOX 26 bout against Ricardo Lamas ended up costing him $62,000 in potential earnings. read news >>

Everyone is Asking Nicely for Nate Diaz to Please Make His UFC Return | MMAWeekly.com

Not clear yet what Nate Diaz thinks, but his fellow UFC fighters are asking nicely for him to come back to the Octagon. read news >>

Rick Glenn Likes His UFC 219 Match-Up with Myles Jury | MMAWeekly.com

In the first fight of a newly revised deal with the UFC, Rick Glenn likes his UFC 219 match-up opposite Myles Jury. read news >>

Makenzie Dern: 'I Think I'm Ready to Go to the UFC' | MMAWeekly.com

Unbeaten submission ace Makenzie Dern believes that she's ready to take the next step in her career and move from Invicat FC to the UFC. read news >>

Livia Renata Souza Makes UFC Debut Against Jessica Aguilar in February | MMAWeekly.com

A bout between former Invicta FC champ Lívia Renata Souza and former World Series of Fighting titleholder Jessica Aguilar has been added to UFC Fight Night 126. read news >>

Carla Esparza Feels She Should be Part of the UFC Championship Conversation | MMAWeekly.com

Carla Esparza believes that she proved at UFC 219 why she should still be a part of the UFC strawweight title picture. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov: What He Said to Dana White at UFC 219 | MMAWeekly.com

During his UFC 219, Khabib Nurmagomedov was talking to UFC president Dana White. What did he say? read news >>

UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou - No Place to Hide Promo | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 220 will answer the question, "Who is the baddest man on the planet?" when heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic faces No. 1 contender Francis Ngannou. read news >>

Invicta Champ Yana Kunitskaya to Make UFC Debut Opposite Sara McMann | MMAWeekly.com

Invicta FC bantamweight champion Yana Kunitskaya is ready to leave her belt behind and make the leap to the UFC Octagon. read news >>

UFC Exec Believes Nick Diaz Wants to Fight, but He Remains Under USADA Suspension | MMAWeekly.com

Nick Diaz is well clear of any substance-related UFC Anti-Doping Policy violations, but remains under a USADA issued suspension. read news >>