#UFC on Fox 29 #Dustin Poirier #Conor McGregor #Justin Gaethje #Alexander Gustafsson #Daniel Cormier #Jon Jones #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Chael Sonnen #UFC New York #Nate Diaz #UFC 217 #Kevin Lee #Edson Barboza #Tony Ferguson

Eryk Anders Believes 'The Sky Is The Limit' After Successful UFC Debut | MMAWeekly.com

Heading into his UFC debut on July 22 at UFC on Fox 25, middleweight Eryk Anders wasn’t emotional one way or the other.

Having played football in college at one of the sport’s premier programs in Alabama, being on a big stage doesn’t faze him at all, and he’s able to perform as he feels he should.

“I feel I performed very well,” Anders told MMAWeekly.com of his first round TKO of Rafael Natal. “I made a few adjustments from the last fight to this fight that led me to go out there and get the finish.

“I really wasn’t nervous or excited before the fight started. It was kind of another day at the office for me. You have to take advantage of the opportunity presented to you. And then after I got the win that’s when the excitement set in.”

Now that he’s in the UFC and having defeated a 30-fight veteran in Natal, Anders believes he’s arrived at where he should be at the right time in his career.

Dana White Still Thinks Ronda Rousey Will Retire, but What’s Sad About That?

“I just fought a guy who just a year ago or two fights ago was in the Top 15,” said Anders. “It makes me feel pretty confident with the level of competition in the middleweight division and where I’m at right now. I think the sky is the limit.”

Eryk Anders at UFC on FOX 25Having had just one month between his win over Natal and his previous victory over Brendan Allen at Legacy Fighting Alliance 14, Anders is confident that he’ll be able to turn right back around and have another bout or two by year’s end.

“I pretty much train all day every day and it doesn’t really much change in between,” Anders said. “Whether I have a fight coming up or I don’t, I’m always in the gym training and teaching. I can take short-notice fights and feel pretty confident in my preparation.

“I’d like to fight once or twice more before the end of the year. I told them I’m ready to go at all times, and whoever they put in front of me – we’ll take them on anytime, anyplace, anywhere – anybody.”

Galleries

Eryk Anders Fights

• 2 months ago

Comments

Tyron Woodley Believes Floyd Mayweather Will Be Able to Handle Anyone in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Tyron Woodley laid out a timeline to begin training Floyd Mayweather for his MMA debut, adding that he thinks the boxer will be able to handle anyone in the UFC. read news >>

Dana White Believes Floyd Mayweather to the UFC is a Very Real Possibility | MMAWeekly.com

If all parties involved are to be believed, Floyd Mayweather's mixed martial arts debut may just be willed into reality. Mayweather has said that he is serious about taking a fight in the UFC. Most p read news >>

Who is the Best UFC Lightweight of All Time? | MMAWeekly.com

In every UFC weight class, there have been one or two standout fighters who have earned the title of best of all time. But who is the best UFC lightweight of all time? read news >>

Darren Till: 'I want to see who the best striker in the division is because I know it's me' | MMAWeekly.com

Rising UFC welterweight Darren Till isn't trying to avoid grapplers, he is looking to pit himself against Stephen Thompson to prove he is the best striker in the division. read news >>

Dana White: Brock Lesnar is 'Coming Back' to the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is ready to resume his UFC career. UFC president Dana White announced on Wednesday that Lesnar plans to resume his fighting career in the near future with a r read news >>

Conor McGregor and Tony Ferguson Stripped of Lightweight Titles | MMAWeekly.com

After Saturday night, Khabib Nurmagomedov is the one and only UFC lightweight champion. While it was a week filled with all sorts of twists and turns including opponent changes, an assault on a bus a read news >>

Marlon Moraes: I don't care about division; I just care about Jimmie Rivera

Marlon Moraes believes he’s in his prime and his UFC Fight Night 131 meeting with Jimmie Rivera will be his best performance yet. read news >>

Joe Rogan Issues Apology for UFC 223 Commentary | MMAWeekly.com

Joe Rogan issued an explanation and an apology to those who were critical of his UFC 223 commentary. read news >>

Watch Justin Gaethje's UFC Debut, Where He Wrecks Michael Johnson | MMAWeekly.com

In the latest UFC Knockout of the Week, watch Justin Gaethje's Octagon debut, where he utterly wrecks Michael Johnson en route to the eighteenth victory of his career. read news >>

Dana White Believes Nick Diaz is Interested in a UFC Fight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White on Wednesday stated that he believes Nick Diaz, who will soon return from a suspension, is interested in returning to the Octagon. read news >>

Lauren Mueller's successful debut at UFC on FOX 29 affirmed she belongs

After getting the win in her UFC debut, Lauren Mueller has no doubts she belongs in the octagon with the best. read news >>

Aljamain Sterling Says Conor McGregor is the UFC's Very Own Bobby Axelrod | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

"What's the point of having f--k you money if you never say f--k you" Conor McGregor has said a lot of memorable things throughout his UFC career but this quote isn't actually attributed to him, alth read news >>

Prospect Hakeem Dawodu breaks silence following stunning UFC debut loss

Hakeem Dawodu has no excuses for his shocking 39-second loss in his octagon debut at UFC Fight Night 127. read news >>

UFC 223: Ferguson vs. Khabib Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Headlined by a two title fights, UFC 223: Ferguson vs. Khabib live results kick off at 6:15 p.m. ET / 3:15 p.m. PT on Saturday, April 7, Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. read news >>

UFC Fighter Augusto Mendes Proclaims His Innocence of Anti-Doping Violation | MMAWeekly.com

Bantamweight competitor Augusto Mendes was pulled from his upcoming bout at UFC Fight Night in Atlantic City on Wednesday after an out-of-competition drug test was flagged by USADA, but he insists he read news >>

Volkan Oezdemir Faces Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua at UFC Fight Night in Chile | MMAWeekly.com

A light heavyweight showdown is headed to Chile as former title contender Volkan Oezdemir is scheduled to meet former champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua on May 19. UFC officials announced the matchup on read news >>

Search for: