#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Nick Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Holly Holm #Quinton Jackson #Anderson Silva #Pancrase #Demetrious Johnson

Eric Reynolds XFCChange seems to be the theme of late for lightweight Eric “It’s A Wrap” Reynolds. Following a move to the XFC and to a new team, Reynolds has won back-to-back fights.

As Reynolds explained to MMAWeekly.com, the move to The Dungeon in Sarasota, Fla., has “made a tremendous difference.

“The gym I’m at now, we’re one big family and everyone’s fighting, competing and getting each other better. We keep a very high pace in the gym and everyone’s got a good, positive outlook on it. You surround yourself with people that are positive and doing well; you’re going to be positive and doing well too.”

More specially, changes to Reynolds’ strength and conditioning regime have complimented his already dangerous skillset.

“I’m healthier than I was and more mature mentally, so it’s all coming together,” he said. “I’m constantly adding new routines to keep things fresh because if you’re getting comfortable, you’re not in the right place. I keep things switched up.

“I worked on my strength a lot because in my previous fights guys were taking me down and I was having a hard time getting out of bad positions. Now it’s hard to get me into bad positions and easy for me to get out. It makes it harder for guys to deal with me in those aspects.”

Originally Reynolds was supposed to have his second fight of the year against Danny Salinas at XFC 20 on Friday night in Knoxville, Tenn., live on AXS TV, but Salinas was forced out of the bout and now Lorenzo Borgomeo steps into the fight.

For Reynolds, the change came early enough that tweaks to his strategy have been made, but ultimately he expects a similar fight than the one he was prepping for, thus his game plan remains the same as it ever was.

“They both pretty much have similar styles. They both like to stand up and like to bang, so I’m expecting a stand-up war from Lorenzo,” said Reynolds.

“What sets me apart from him and pretty much everyone else is my hands. Not only am I heavy-handed and hit hard, I hit fast. It’s definitely a nightmare for anyone that steps in the cage with me. That should be their number one concern.”

Having the stability he’s always lacked – with The Dungeon and in the XFC – Reynolds feels that now he can truly make the kind of run he always felt he was capable of.

“I was always a replacement fighter or a last-minute guy and that had something to do with the rough patches I had in my career,” he said. “Now that I’m having good notice in my fights, I’ve become the number one ranked guy in the XFC and it has me in title contention.

“Not only do I want to work hard to win the title and be the champion, I’m going to work hard to keep the belt and remain the champion, because you get out of it what you put into it. I’m on a two-fight winning streak and I’ve beaten two top-level opponents and there’s only one way to go from here and that’s up.”

Comments

Champion Andrea Lee Thinks He's A Better Fighter Than Her LFA 23 Opponent | MMAWeekly.com

Andrea Lee will finally get the opportunity to defend her 125-pound title when she takes on Jamie Thorton in the LFA 23 co-main event on Friday. read news >>

Paige VanZant Reveals Title and Cover for Her New Book Due Out in 2018 | MMAWeekly.com

Paige VanZant will release her first book in 2018 and she's finally revealed the title and the cover for her upcoming autobiography. The book will be titled "Rise: Surviving the Fight of My Life", wh read news >>

Why Sabina Mazo has so much buzz heading into Friday's LFA 23 return

Colombian flyweight Sabina Mazo returns to the LFA cage this Friday, after a head kick that took the internet by storm in April.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

Michael Bisping Explains the Only Way He'll Stick Around After Fighting Georges St-Pierre | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping's career is coming to an end soon. The UFC middleweight champion has long addressed the possibility that he would be retiring from the sport sooner rather than later with only a coupl read news >>

Matt Brown Will Retire Following Diego Sanchez Fight | MMAWeekly.com

"The Immortal" is ready to call it a career. read news >>

What debut? Aaron Pico just hit the reset button on an again-promising career

Want to make people forget about your embarrassing debut? Send your next opponent crashing to the canvas.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

What Is Benson Henderson's Legacy After Bellator 183?

The Bellator career of Benson Henderson has been turbulent. He's enjoyed two title fights in two separate weight classes since jumping ship from the UFC in early 2016, but he lost them both. After hi read news >>

After postponement for UFC 215 fight, Jeremy Stephens finally got married over the weekend

After pushing back his wedding to fight at UFC 215, Jeremy Stephens had his wedding over the weekend.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Max Holloway's Blessed UFC Career

"It’s cool having this belt and being a champion, but I want to make sure my son is set. I want him to go to college. I don’t want him to fight. Fighting is insane." read news >>

Aspen Ladd Finally Books Long Awaited UFC Debut Fight in Poland | MMAWeekly.com

Highly touted bantamweight prospect Aspen Ladd has finally booked her Octagon debut against Lina Lansberg at UFC Fight Night in Poland on Oct. 21. UFC officials announced the new matchup on Tuesday. read news >>