Eric Reynolds XFCChange seems to be the theme of late for lightweight Eric “It’s A Wrap” Reynolds. Following a move to the XFC and to a new team, Reynolds has won back-to-back fights.

As Reynolds explained to MMAWeekly.com, the move to The Dungeon in Sarasota, Fla., has “made a tremendous difference.

“The gym I’m at now, we’re one big family and everyone’s fighting, competing and getting each other better. We keep a very high pace in the gym and everyone’s got a good, positive outlook on it. You surround yourself with people that are positive and doing well; you’re going to be positive and doing well too.”

More specially, changes to Reynolds’ strength and conditioning regime have complimented his already dangerous skillset.

“I’m healthier than I was and more mature mentally, so it’s all coming together,” he said. “I’m constantly adding new routines to keep things fresh because if you’re getting comfortable, you’re not in the right place. I keep things switched up.

“I worked on my strength a lot because in my previous fights guys were taking me down and I was having a hard time getting out of bad positions. Now it’s hard to get me into bad positions and easy for me to get out. It makes it harder for guys to deal with me in those aspects.”

Originally Reynolds was supposed to have his second fight of the year against Danny Salinas at XFC 20 on Friday night in Knoxville, Tenn., live on AXS TV, but Salinas was forced out of the bout and now Lorenzo Borgomeo steps into the fight.

For Reynolds, the change came early enough that tweaks to his strategy have been made, but ultimately he expects a similar fight than the one he was prepping for, thus his game plan remains the same as it ever was.

“They both pretty much have similar styles. They both like to stand up and like to bang, so I’m expecting a stand-up war from Lorenzo,” said Reynolds.

“What sets me apart from him and pretty much everyone else is my hands. Not only am I heavy-handed and hit hard, I hit fast. It’s definitely a nightmare for anyone that steps in the cage with me. That should be their number one concern.”

Having the stability he’s always lacked – with The Dungeon and in the XFC – Reynolds feels that now he can truly make the kind of run he always felt he was capable of.

“I was always a replacement fighter or a last-minute guy and that had something to do with the rough patches I had in my career,” he said. “Now that I’m having good notice in my fights, I’ve become the number one ranked guy in the XFC and it has me in title contention.

“Not only do I want to work hard to win the title and be the champion, I’m going to work hard to keep the belt and remain the champion, because you get out of it what you put into it. I’m on a two-fight winning streak and I’ve beaten two top-level opponents and there’s only one way to go from here and that’s up.”

Bellator 171's Melvin Guillard eyes fight with Paul Daley, wants to avoid B.J. Penn-like career end

Melvin Guillard has a bout with Chidi Njokuani lined up for Friday’s Bellator 171 event, but he’s already considering what could come after, and he’s seeking an explosive fight in the welterweight di read news >>

5 reasons to watch Bellator 171 with headliners Guillard, Njokuani heading in opposite directions

Last week’s Bellator 170 fight card earned fantastic ratings for the promotion. The question now becomes how many of those viewers were convinced to stick with the promotion for Friday’s Bellator 171 read news >>

The Question: With Pena-Shevchenko, Is UFC Finally Ready to Move On from Rousey?

For all the soul-searching UFC president Dana White had to do before instituting a women’s bantamweight class, the division has performed quite admirably in its nearly four years of existence. Women’ read news >>

Masvidal finally gets his shot, now time to deliver

Jorge Masvidal finally gets opportunity to face Donald Cerrone when the two square off in the Octagon this Saturday at Fight Night Denver. read news >>

Francis Ngannou Embraces Championship Expectations (UFC on FOX 23) | MMAWeekly.com

Heading into battle with Andrei Arlovski, rising heavyweight star Francis Ngannou embraces the pressure of those who think he could be a UFC champion. read news >>

Pena vs. Shevchenko Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

With Ronda Rousey's career possibly over, the UFC women's bantamweight division is officially trying to move on. The first step in doing so? Determining the next challenger for reigning champion Aman read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 video highlights: Jason Knight vs. Alex Caceres

In the biggest fight of his career, Jason Knight came through with flying colors, and “The Kid” may have graduated to manhood at UFC on FOX 23.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC on Fox 23 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into Fight Night 104

UFC on Fox 23 is in the books. The results are as follows: Main Card Valentina Shevchenko def. Julianna Pena via second-round submission Jorge Masvidal def. Donald Cerrone via second-round TKO Franci read news >>

Cage Warriors 81 heads to Dublin in March with light heavyweight title up for grabs

Cage Warriors is heading back to Ireland for the first time since 2014 when it brings a vacant title fight to Dublin. Filed under: Cage Warriors, News read news >>

The Complete Guide to UFC Fight Night 104: Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie

Fan-favorite Chan Sung Jung, the Korean Zombie, finally makes his long-awaited return to the Octagon after three years away due to injuries and a two-year stint in the South Korean military. He takes read news >>