#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Golovkin vs. Canelo #HBO Boxing PPV - Golovkin vs. Canelo #Golovkin vs Canelo #UFC 215

Demetrious Johnson Mighty Mouse UFC 126“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”

-Eleanor Roosevelt.

Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson is a man who not only believes in his dreams, he praises the journey he takes to follow them.

The dreams of Johnson were unfulfilled back in March at UFC on FX 2, where he fought Ian McCall in a title eliminator.  Originally, Mighty Mouse was awarded the decision, but the judges reexamined the scorecards and later ruled the fight as a draw.

At UFC on FX 3, Johnson got back on the horse and fixed all of his mistakes from the first fight against McCall.  After being awarded the unanimous decision, Johnson was put back on the right path towards the flyweight title.

Heading into the co-main event of UFC 152 in Toronto, Johnson relishes being the underdog in the title fight against Joseph Benavidez.  He knows that come hell or high water that he’s going to show the world that he deserves to be there.

“Being the underdog doesn’t bother me at all,” Johnson told MMAWeekly Radio.

“These guys that have been fighting have a lot more credentials than I do.  I will watch the video on Joseph and I mean we watched three hours of video on him, I think it was like nine fights we watched.  He has the right path and the favor in this fight, but it doesn’t bother me.  I trained hard for every single fight and I’m ready to go out there and display my skills and show the UFC and the world that I deserve to be there.”

After defeating the former No. 1 flyweight in the world in Ian McCall, it would be hard to say that Johnson doesn’t deserve fighting for a title.  But Johnson is not one to sit back and admire his accomplishments, especially with a world title within his grasp.

“I’ve had dreams about it and what happens.  It’s hard to explain and put into words,” said Johnson. “It’ll mean a lot to me obviously.  It’d be a huge accomplishment in my career, and me being so young; I’m only 26 years old. I’m still a pup. When you look at guys like Vitor Belfort, like he said, it’s just a journey and it is a journey.

“Whether I win, lose, draw or whatever, I’m happy where I’m at.  If I win, I’m going to keep on pushing on.  If I lose, I’m still going to be pushing on.  Regardless of whether I win or lose, the outcome is going to be exactly the same.  I’m going to be back in the gym working hard and keep on improving as a martial artist.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more UFC 152 news and updates.

Galleries

Demetrious Johnson Fights

• a year ago

Comments

UFC 215 lineup set with 2 title fights in Edmonton, including Demetrious Johnson's quest for record

The lineup is set for the UFC’s return trip to Canada next month, including a pair of title fights at the top of the bill. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 215: Demetrious Johnson vs Ray Borg Media Call (FULL Audio) | MMAWeekly.com

Listen in on the UFC 215: Johnson vs. Borg media conference call featuring Demetrious Johnson, Ray Borg, Amanda Nunes, and Valentina Shevchenko. read news >>

Ray Borg says he's going to end Demetrious Johnson's career in UFC 215 title fight

Ray Borg believes he’s not only going to upset UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson, but also retire him at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Predicts Mayweather vs. McGregor Upset | MMAWeekly.com

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson breaks down the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor super fight and predicts an upset. read news >>

UFC 215: Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg Extended Preview | MMAWeekly.com

Take an extended preview into UFC 215, which features the flyweight title fight between Demetrious Johnson and Ray Borg and women's bantamweight title bout. read news >>

'Smiling Tony' is enjoying training for Lee

“The theme for this camp is ‘Smile Tony,’” laughs the man challenging for the interim UFC lightweight title at T-Mobile Arena on Oct. 7. “Because when I smile in my fights, you have the fights like E read news >>

Demetrious Johnson is fine being a target for others, but he has UFC history to make first

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson reflects on being called out by Cody Garbrandt and T.J. Dillashaw and the potential for future fights with them.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

'UFC 215 Embedded,' No. 1: Champ Demetrious Johnson on grasshopper patrol

The UFC is back on pay-per-view, and the promotion has rolled out its “Embedded” treatment for a preview of Saturday’s UFC 215 event. Check out episode No. 1.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 215 Countdown: Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg | MMAWeekly.com

On the verge of breaking Anderson Silva's record for title defenses, Demetrious Johnson and his longtime coach brace for a career-making moment. read news >>

Ray Borg says he'll easily make weight for UFC 215 title fight; Demetrious Johnson believes him

“I’ve corrected my mistakes,” Ray Borg says of his past weight-cut struggles.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>