#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nick Diaz #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Quinton Jackson #Pancrase #Fight Night Rotterdam #Demetrious Johnson

Elvis Mutapcic - MFCFor MFC middleweight contender Elvis Mutapcic, his promotional debut in August against Jacen Flynn couldn’t have gone much better.

“I went out there and fought at my pace and I thought I performed pretty well,” said Mutapcic of his 99-second TKO victory. “I thought the fight was going to go longer, but it ended pretty quick, so I’m happy about that.

“I was prepared for the best Jacen ever and assumed he was a well-rounded fighter, which he was, but landed a good knee on his chin and ended the fight.”

Getting a chance to gain exposure in the MFC was a big step forward, according to Mutapcic.

“It definitely felt good to fight in front of a larger crowd, more people, and get more exposure and show case my skills and showcase what I’ve got,” he said.

Mutapcic’s reward for his performance is an opportunity to win the promotion’s 185-pound championship at MFC 35 Friday night live on AXS TV. He faces former Ultimate Fighter participant Joseph Henle for the vacant title.

“Henle’s a tough guy. He’s well-rounded, but I think I’m better in every area,” said Mutapcic. “I think that the first mistake he makes, I’m going to capitalize on it and get the W.

“I think both of us are going to turn it up off the bat. I think both of us are seasoned enough and well-rounded enough that nobody’s going to make a mistake without putting pressure on the other guy. I think both of us are going to come forward and neither of us is going to back down. It should be a good show for the crowd.”

Mutapcic told MMAWeekly.com that he sees Friday night as a chance to take a big step forward in his career.

“This is exactly what I need. I want to fight the best in the world, and Henle’s one of those guys I’ve got to get over just to keep moving up,” he said.

Should Mutapcic make it past Henle, he sees no reason why it won’t set up for what could very well be a breakout year for him in 2013.

“I want to take it one fight at a time, but I think next year will be a bigger year than 2012,” he said. “I had to take some time off due to injury and then took some time off before this last fight, so I think next year will be a bigger year than this one.

“I’m currently a full-time fighter, but I also have a full-time job, and I just want to be able to support my family and do what I love instead of working a job. That’s the main goal right now.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all your MMA news and updates.

Comments

UFC 216's Kevin Lee intends to prove he's not 'all talk' against 'weird dude' Tony Ferguson

Kevin Lee plans to be the one to back up all his trash talk when he steps in the octagon vs. Tony Ferguson at UFC 216.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dunham plans to be appreciated for working way through ranks

"I think the best thing to do is put your real foot forward and let people appreciate you for who you really are. I think after I put Dariush away, I should be in a good position," Dunham said. read news >>

Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk right where she wants to be defending title vs. Rose Namajunas at MSG

Joanna Jedrzejczyk intends to join Ronda Rousey in setting a UFC record on the big stage at Madison Square Garden. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Manager: Henry Cejudo will fight Sergio Pettis at UFC 218 despite injuries, lost Olympic medal in fire

Henry Cejudo still plans to fight at UFC 218 despite burning his foot and losing key personal items while escaping the California wildfires.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Mark Hunt threatens another lawsuit after fight removal, curses 'bald-headed prick' Dana White

Mark Hunt is furious about his removal from the UFC Fight Night 121 main event and said he plans on taking action.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

'At a crossroads,' is Ronda Rousey headed to the WWE ... with husband Travis Browne?

Is Ronda Rousey headed to the WWE soon? And will her new husband, Travis Browne, be joining her there? Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Despite being labeled a 'bald headed prick,' Dana White insists he doesn't hate Mark Hunt

Apparently, being called a bald-headed prick isn’t enough to ruffle UFC President Dana White’s feathers.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Jason Knight says he's fighting Gabriel Benitez at UFC Fight Night 123 in Fresno

• a day ago

Fan favorite “Mississippi Mean” is headed to California.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

3 reasons Edmond Tarverdyan pushing for Ronda Rousey to fight Cris Cyborg is troubling

Ronda Rousey’s coach believes it’s 50-50 she fights again, but his preferred opponent forces us to wonder what his true motives might be.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Adam Piccolotti Plans To Put It All Together Against Goiti Yamauchi at Bellator 183 | MMAWeekly.com

On September 23, Adam Piccolotti (9-0) will step into the cage for the first time in 10 months when he takes on Goiti Yamauchi (21-3) at Bellator 183. read news >>