#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Claudia Gadelha #Jessica Andrade #Bellator MMA #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Conor McGregor #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley

After finishing the final fight on his Bellator contract last Friday with a knockout of Patricky “Pitbull” Freire, Eddie Alvarez will soon be entertaining offers from multiple promotions.

He doesn’t know yet where he’ll sign, but he does know what he’ll base his decision on.

“I’ve got to be honest with you,” Alvarez told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show Wednesday. “I’m going to go to the highest bidder. That’s how it’s going to go. If anybody judges me or tells me I’m wrong because of that, I’m sorry. I have a different situation than maybe whoever’s judging me, but my services are going 100-percent to the highest bidder.”

Alvarez has been with Bellator since its first event in April 2009. He was the promotion’s first lightweight champion and also has a good relationship with Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney. While the UFC figures to be a major player in negotiations, if not the favorite to land Alvarez, it doesn’t hurt Bellator’s chances that partner Viacom will be involved in talks.

“I already spoke with Bjorn Rebney,” Alvarez said. “I actually spoke with him the night of the fight. He was really excited and pretty pumped up. He was basically telling me that the next move is to sit down with him and some of the people at Viacom and see where their heads are at and where they want to move to. Then after that, I believe, in the contract it says you can start getting offers from other places or what not. I think it’s only fair -- Bellator’s taken care of me for four years and their main thing is, they did what they always said they were going to do. We started on a tiny little network on ESPN Deportes and moved all the way to Spike. Now, starting next year, Bellator’s going to be a serious, serious promotion to reckon with. I’m happy to be in the family and happy to work with the guys. We’ll see what happens.”

Alvarez put himself in a good position with his knockout of Freire. After dropping his Bellator lightweight title to Michael Chandler last November, he’s now bounced back with two quality wins, including a quick stoppage of Shinya Aoki in April.

“To be able to end my contract with a win is great,” Alvarez said. “To end it with a head-kick knockout is beyond expectations. I’m very happy. I have some people to talk to here at Viacom. I have a lot of different people to talk to and to figure some things out and see what’s best moving forward.”

Despite Alvarez’s relationship with Bellator, the UFC remains the biggest fight promotion in the world and has already signed away one Bellator champ in Hector Lombard. Alvarez does like the direction Bellator is headed in, though, with its programming moving to Spike TV next year. Re-signing with the company will be an option.

“God, it’s came such a long way,” Alvarez said of Bellator. “I guarantee by next year, they’re going to explode. Wherever I’m at next year, I’m going to be a happy man with a smile on my face.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 3:00:53).

Galleries

Eddie Alvarez Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Sam Sicilia 'felt really heard' during Bellator contract negotiations, aims to start winning again

If contract negotiations were any indication, Sam Sicilia believes he’s going to settle in just fine with Bellator.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 182 post-event facts: Unbeaten A.J. McKee makes history

Go inside the numbers from this past Friday’s Bellator 182 event in Verona, N.Y., which saw featherweight A.J. McKee set a new standard.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator 182 winner Fernando Gonzalez wants eventual title shot, but knows weight comes first

Fernando Gonzalez moved to an impressive 7-1 in Bellator this past Friday, but knows he has to get his weight cuts figured out, and soon.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Introspective Floyd Mayweather on Hood Rich and Father Being in Prison | MMAWeekly.com

Following his final fight, an introspective Floyd Mayweather talks about his beginnings in the inner-city and having a father in prison at the age of sixteen. read news >>

Bellator 182's Bruna Ellen happy with big win over Veta Arteaga, but in no rush with her career

After edging Veta Arteaga at Bellator 182 win, Bruna Ellen is satisfied with how the strategy to halt her opponent’s aggression panned out.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Brooke Mayo booked opposite debuting Kaytlin Neil at Bellator 183 in San Jose

After an unsuccessful, but gritty, Bellator debut, Brooke Mayo is set to welcome Kaytlin Neil into the Bellator cage.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

DWCS 8 UFC contract winner Matt Frevola: 'When I hit people, they fall'

New UFC contract winner Matt Frevola has a very simple outlook on his fights: “When I hit people, they fall.”Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC contract winner Lauren Mueller on how failed 'TUF 26' bid helped her be ready for DWCS 8

Lauren Mueller had only three pro bouts when she got the call for Dana White’s Contender Series. But that doesn’t takes from her confidence.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jose Aldo Wants to Finish Fights in UFC Contract to Start Boxing, Coach Says

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo may soon follow in the footsteps of Conor McGregor and take his talents to the boxing ring. "He’s training boxing because he has this dream of competing in read news >>

Bellator signs prospect Tyree Fortune, twin brother of heavyweight Tyrell Fortune

Bellator has doubled its Fortune.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>