#UFC 217 #Conor McGregor #Michael Bisping #GSP #UFC Fight Night 55 #Tyler Dillashaw

Eddie Alvarez’s legal battle with Bellator MMA has ended.

Bellator officials announced Tuesday that the former lightweight champion will return to action on Nov. 2 when he rematches current 155-pound ruler Michael Chandler at Bellator’s inaugural pay-per-view at Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, Calif.

Alvarez and Chandler first met in Nov. 2011, with Chandler wresting the lightweight title from around the 29-year-old’s waist in a “Fight of the Year” nominee. Since that fourth-round submission loss, Alvarez has won back-to-back fights, knocking out Shinya Aoki before doing the same to Patricky Freire last October.

Following his win over “Pitbull,” Alvarez’s Bellator contract expired, and the lightweight fielded an offer from the UFC. Bellator exercised its right to match the terms of the deal, but the two sides disagreed on whether Bellator’s new offer was of equal value to the UFC’s. The dispute resulted in both sides filing lawsuits, though the matter has now been settled.

“I still lose sleep over my loss to Chandler, and I want it off my record,” Alvarez stated in a release. “This was a long process, but at the end of the day I’m back with Bellator and I’m happy to get back in the cage. I really believe everything happens for a reason, and at the end of the day my family and I are happy, and I’m ready to get my belt back on Nov. 2.”

Chandler, meanwhile, has never lost as a mixed martial artist, rattling off 12 straight victories to start his MMA career. Following his triumph over Alvarez, the 27-year-old conquered Japanese veteran Akihiro Gono in a non-title affair before defending his belt successfully against tournament winners Rick Hawn and David Rickels.

“Without sounding too disrespectful, when I fought Eddie the first time in 2011, I didn’t even know what it meant to be an MMA fighter,” Chandler said. “Two years later, I’ve grown so much as a mixed martial artist, and there isn’t a doubt in my mind [that] on Nov. 2 my hand will be raised and the belt will be around my waist.”

Galleries

Eddie Alvarez Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Ryan Bader Retains Belt and Ilima-Lei Macfarlane Captures Title (Bellator 186 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

The Bellator MMA cage was on campus at Penn State University in University Park, Pennsylvania on Friday at the Bryce Jordan Center for Bellator 186: Bader vs. Vassell. The fight card featured two tit read news >>

Twitter reacts to announcement of star-studded Bellator MMA World Grand Prix 2018

Check out the top Twitter reactions to today’s announcement of the Bellator MMA Heavyweight Grand Prix 2018.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

Watch ex-Bellator champ Michael Chandler train hard for comeback in powerful mini-doc

Ex-Bellator champion Michael Chandler is a man on a mission to come back from injury, which you can see in the powerful mini-documentary “The Mind of the Obsessed.”Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured read news >>

Former WWE Superstar Jack Swagger Inks Multi-Fight Deal with Bellator MMA | MMAWeekly.com

Former WWE superstar Jack Swagger — his real name is Jake Hager — will be transitioning into mixed martial arts after inking a multi-fight deal with Bellator MMA. Hager made the announcement on Monda read news >>

Bellator MMA Announces 2018 Heavyweight Grand Prix | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator MMA has announced plans to host a year-long grand prix heavyweight tournament in 2018 featuring eight of the roster’s biggest stars. read news >>

From Brazil's karate team to the Bellator cage, Luiz Victor Rocha unshaken by bright lights

Luiz Victor Rocha is fighting on the Bellator MMA stage sooner than he expected but feels comfortable thanks to a life of competing in karate.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Denise Kielholtz Wins Bellator MMA Debut by Submission (Bellator 188 Full Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Promotional newcomer Denise Kielholtz won her Bellator MMA debut by submitting Jessica Middleton at Bellator 188 in Tel Aviv, Israel. Watch the full fight. read news >>

Michael Chandler vs. Goiti Yamauchi slated for Bellator 192

Former lightweight champion Michael Chandler isn’t getting an immediate title rematch.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator MMA and Kickboxing Returns to Florence, Italy with Bellator 190 | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator returns to Florence, Italy on Saturday, December 9, when both Bellator MMA and Bellator Kickboxing. read news >>

Bellator heavyweight title tourney: Fedor, Mir, 'Rampage,' Sonnen among big names booked

The Bellator MMA World Grand Prix 2018 is a blockbuster tournament featuring a bevy of MMA stars, including Fedor Emelianenko, Chael Sonnen and “Rampage” Jackson.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>