#Duane Ludwig #Julian Lane #Ramsey Nijem #Justin Buchholz #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Jewels #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #TJ Dillashaw #Jon Jones

Anderson Silva’s manager, Ed Soares, doesn’t dislike Chael Sonnen. In fact, he thinks Sonnen is a good guy.

That doesn’t mean Soares approved of Sonnen’s comments leading up to UFC 148, however.

“I’ve always thought Chael was a good guy,” Soares told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I just thought that he crossed the line. Chael is a good person. Chael, when the cameras are off, he’s a good guy. He’s a solid guy. I like Chael. I always have, but I’ll tell you, whether he was just hyping [the fight] or not, there were times when he would start pissing me off and I had nothing to do with it.”

Sonnen leveled remarks at Silva’s wife, his country and more. For sure he helped build a huge amount of anticipation for the bout, but Soares believes Sonnen took the personal attacks too far.

“To hear Chael talk about Anderson’s wife that way and talk about Brazil … to talk about any nation and any other culture that way, I don’t see the benefit for it,” Soares said. “I really don’t see the benefit for it. I do think he crossed the line. I don’t think Chael’s a bad person. I think Chael was just trying to do what he could to try to promote the fight and make this fight as big as possible, but I think that he did cross the line. I’ll say it now and I’ve said it before: No one ever paid attention to Chael Sonnen. No one ever paid attention to him. Unfortunately his style of fighting’s not exciting to watch. The only time people started paying attention to him was when he started talking about Anderson. Once he struck that nerve and saw that it worked, I think he just took it to another level.”

Sonnen’s comments seemed to strike a nerve with Silva. At the weigh-ins, the champ hit the challenger with his shoulder during their faceoff. Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer spoke with Silva’s camp about the incident, but according to Soares, Silva will not be fined.

“Keith Kizer had a talk with us after the fight,” Soares said. “He pulled us to the side and kind of talked to Anderson about what happened. Everybody that knows Anderson knows that that was a little bit out of character. Sometimes emotions get to people. I’m not saying I 100-percent agree with what he did, but I mean, come on, man. People can’t forget that the guy was talking about his wife, talking about his country, talking about all that. At that point in time it’s like two wrongs don’t make a right, but it happens. It’s a fight.”

Of course Silva won the rematch, stopping Sonnen via strikes 1:55 into the second round. Afterward both fighters seemed more cordial with each other. Silva even invited Sonnen to his home for a barbecue, which didn’t surprise Soares as much as it reinforced his view that Silva had moved past Sonnen’s challenge with class.

“I think [Silva] just wears his heart on his sleeve,” Soares said. “It’s done with. He beat him up twice. He submitted him once. He TKO’d him the second time. Now what else does Chael have to say?”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:26:26).

Interim champ Max Holloway has an idea for the UFC: A reality show with himself as the star

UFC interim featherweight champion Max Holloway thinks he could get all the clicks if cameras were just following him around.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

'Big' John McCarthy says weight-cutting more dangerous than PEDs in MMA

Veteran MMA referee John McCarthy doesn’t believe fighters should be able to dope. But when it comes to the sport’s health risks, he sees weight-cutting as an even bigger issue.Filed under: Featured, read news >>

Manager shoots down Germaine de Randamie retirement rumor, says personal issues exist

UFC women’s featherweight champ Germaine de Randamie isn’t retiring, according to her manager, but she is dealing with some issues behind the scenes.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Coach Thinks Kids, Not Fighting Are Her Future | MMAWeekly.com

It's been difficult to figure out if Ronda Rousey will ever fight again, but we may have just gotten the most insight into the matter yet. read news >>

'Everything is possible' to Francis Ngannou, maybe even a UFC title shot this year

LAS VEGAS – UFC heavyweight contender Francis Ngannou doesn’t have a fight lined up. First thing’s first – he needs to get acclimated.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC rep calls women's 'TUF' flyweight an 'idea' that 'just got out too early'

UFC women’s strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk thinks the promotion will cast female flyweights for the 26th season of “The Ultimate Fighter.” At least, she hopesFiled under: News, UFC read news >>

Dominick Cruz Thinks Demetrious Johnson Could Win Bantamweight Title | MMAWeekly.com

Former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz believes that flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson would do great against the top of the 135-pound division. read news >>

Anderson Silva's co-manager: Ex-UFC champ 'far from retired' despite threat to call it quits

Will Anderson Silva hang up his gloves? One of his managers doesn’t think so, but the UFC might have a tough time convincing Silva to get back in the octagon for a while.Filed under: Featured, News, read news >>

Manager: UFC, Dana White ridiculous to snub Jon Jones from main event because of trust issues

Dana White has been burned too many times by Jon Jones, which is “ridiculous” for the UFC president to feel that way, according to Jones’ manager, Malki Kawa.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Sorry, Stipe Miocic: Junior Dos Santos thinks you're great, but there can only be one champ

DALLAS – Ex-titleholder Junior Dos Santos has nothing but respect for heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic. But he still wants to finish him in the second round of their UFC 211 headliner.Filed under: Feat read news >>