Anderson Silva’s manager, Ed Soares, doesn’t dislike Chael Sonnen. In fact, he thinks Sonnen is a good guy.

That doesn’t mean Soares approved of Sonnen’s comments leading up to UFC 148, however.

“I’ve always thought Chael was a good guy,” Soares told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I just thought that he crossed the line. Chael is a good person. Chael, when the cameras are off, he’s a good guy. He’s a solid guy. I like Chael. I always have, but I’ll tell you, whether he was just hyping [the fight] or not, there were times when he would start pissing me off and I had nothing to do with it.”

Sonnen leveled remarks at Silva’s wife, his country and more. For sure he helped build a huge amount of anticipation for the bout, but Soares believes Sonnen took the personal attacks too far.

“To hear Chael talk about Anderson’s wife that way and talk about Brazil … to talk about any nation and any other culture that way, I don’t see the benefit for it,” Soares said. “I really don’t see the benefit for it. I do think he crossed the line. I don’t think Chael’s a bad person. I think Chael was just trying to do what he could to try to promote the fight and make this fight as big as possible, but I think that he did cross the line. I’ll say it now and I’ve said it before: No one ever paid attention to Chael Sonnen. No one ever paid attention to him. Unfortunately his style of fighting’s not exciting to watch. The only time people started paying attention to him was when he started talking about Anderson. Once he struck that nerve and saw that it worked, I think he just took it to another level.”

Sonnen’s comments seemed to strike a nerve with Silva. At the weigh-ins, the champ hit the challenger with his shoulder during their faceoff. Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer spoke with Silva’s camp about the incident, but according to Soares, Silva will not be fined.

“Keith Kizer had a talk with us after the fight,” Soares said. “He pulled us to the side and kind of talked to Anderson about what happened. Everybody that knows Anderson knows that that was a little bit out of character. Sometimes emotions get to people. I’m not saying I 100-percent agree with what he did, but I mean, come on, man. People can’t forget that the guy was talking about his wife, talking about his country, talking about all that. At that point in time it’s like two wrongs don’t make a right, but it happens. It’s a fight.”

Of course Silva won the rematch, stopping Sonnen via strikes 1:55 into the second round. Afterward both fighters seemed more cordial with each other. Silva even invited Sonnen to his home for a barbecue, which didn’t surprise Soares as much as it reinforced his view that Silva had moved past Sonnen’s challenge with class.

“I think [Silva] just wears his heart on his sleeve,” Soares said. “It’s done with. He beat him up twice. He submitted him once. He TKO’d him the second time. Now what else does Chael have to say?”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:26:26).

UFC on FOX 23's Alex Caceres won't trash talk fighter he doesn't know – or Jason Knight

LAKEWOOD, Colo. – UFC featherweight Alex Caceres’ manager texted him recently to ask whether he’d fight his next opponent. Caceres, though, just wanted the details of when. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Full media scrum: Andrei Arlovski thinks Ngannou is huge, strong – and maybe a little bit cocky ahead of UFC on FOX 23

DENVER – Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski is no stranger to facing the world’s biggest, baddest dudes. As he prepares for Francis Ngannou, Arlovski knows what’s on the other side of th read news >>

Bellator 171 video highlights: Watch Chidi Njokuani hang a 30-24 on Melvin Guillard

It doesn’t get much more lopsided than the Bellator 171 main event on Friday night. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Manager says Gegard Mousasi's UFC 210 bout not in jeopardy, but UFC monitoring situation

Gegard Mousasi’s manager is confident the UFC middleweight won’t be kept from fighting ex-champ Chris Weidman at UFC 210. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dennis Bermudez didn't overlook 'Korean Zombie,' thinks stoppage may have been a bit early

HOUSTON – Dennis Bermudez had good reason not to overlook Chan Sung Jung in Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 headliner.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov says the UFC needs to plan for Conor McGregor

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Khabib Nurmagomedov thinks the UFC should “humble” Conor McGregor for wanting to box Floyd Mayweather.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Thiago Santos: UFC Fight Night 105 stoppage wasn't early, came 'perfectly at the right time'

• a day ago

HALIFAX – Thiago Santos said he doesn’t understand those labeling his UFC Fight Night 105 win over Jack Marshman as an early stoppage.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Sara McMann would fight again before UFC title shot but thinks she's already earned it

• a day ago

HALIFAX – After making quick work of Gina Mazany at Sunday's UFC Fight Night 105, onetime title challenger Sara McMann explained why she believes she's earned a second stab at the women's 135-pound b read news >>

Germaine de Randamie: 'I Dominated' Holly Holm | MMAWeekly.com

• 9 hours ago

While there may be a lot of chatter after the fact, Germaine de Randamie believes she dominated Holly Holm to become the UFC featherweight champion. read news >>

Bellator 173's James Gallagher thinks fellow prospect Aaron Pico should shut his (expletive) mouth

• 4 hours ago

James Gallagher has Kirill Medvedovsky on his plate this weekend, but he knows the challengers are lining up. “The Strabanimal” is happy to fight them all, but he thinks one in particular needs to se read news >>