#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Bellator 185 #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #MMA Rocks #KSW 40 #Jan Blachowicz #Devin Clark #Conor McGregor #Kristina Williams

Chael Sonnen and Jon Jones UFCDespite all the heat between he and Anderson Silva leading up to their rematch at UFC 148 last week, Chael Sonnen has been rather subdued following his second-round TKO loss to the champion.

Many people have interpreted Sonnen’s more reserved attitude as him pulling back from the fight game. Questions immediately soared his way about everything from retirement to following Brock Lesnar to the WWE.

Sonnen quickly shot down all of those rumors, but on Thursday night’s edition of UFC Tonight, he stirred the pot a little, explaining his outlook on retirement and fueling the fires of speculation with some chatter of his own.

“I love this sport and I would never want to retire. My coach Clayton will be the one that retires me based on my results and productivity in practice,” said Sonnen.

“I could have easily defeated (Anderson Silva). Physically I’m fine; mentally I’m fine. Give me a couple of weeks to settle in and when you get in the spot that I am in, we will see. Anderson could retire any day now.”

But what will surely get people talking is what Sonnen had to say next, priming the pump for a possible jump up in weight classes.

“There is simply an option to start over by changing weight class. My mentors have done it and it could happen. I would go up to 205. Jon Jones. There are some great guys at 185, but traditionally and historically it is a good way to get a fresh start and start over.”

Sonnen has fought at light heavyweight in the past, but has spent the latter part of his career at middleweight.

Still, do the waters get any easier at 205? Sonnen went 0 for 2 against Anderson Silva; is he likely to fair better against UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones?

For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Galleries

Anderson Silva Fights

• 8 months ago

Jon Jones Fights

• a year ago

Chael Sonnen Fights

• 4 months ago

Comments

Video: Ex-champ Anderson Silva, Kelvin Gastelum face off for UFC Fight Night 122

Anderson Silva and Kelvin Gastelum face off for the first time ahead of UFC Fight Night 122 on Nov. 25. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Anderson Silva and Kelvin Gastelum Face Off in China (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Anderson Silva and Kelvin Gastelum have hit the promotional trail in China. read news >>

If Chuck Liddell ends retirement, he says Chael Sonnen would be easy warmup fight

Chuck Liddell is still retired, but if he does come back, the UFC Hall of Famer likes the idea of fighting Chael Sonnen.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 3 on St. Patrick's Day makes sense to John Kavanagh. Sure, why not?

If it was up to Conor McGregor’s coach, the UFC lightweight champion and Nate Diaz would complete their trilogy early next year.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ Daniel Cormier names Volkan Oezdemir as next title challenger

Daniel Cormier is moving on from Jon Jones and lining up his next fight. Apparently, he’s cutting out the UFC’s matchmaking middlemen too.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bubba McDaniel replaces 'King Mo' against Liam McGeary at Bellator 185

It didn’t take long for Bellator to find a replacement opponent to step in against former champion Liam McGeary at Bellator 185.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Gauging Greatness: Is Demetrious Johnson Really Anderson Silva's Equal?

I bought my first Bill James Baseball Abstract in 1986, just another source of information to fuel my nascent fantasy baseball obsession. I mention this seemingly unrelated nugget of personal informa read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Glad Anderson Silva's Name is No Longer by His for UFC Record | MMAWeekly.com

(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson etched his name in the history books on Saturday night in Las Vegas. In the UFC 216 co-main event, he submitted Ray B read news >>

Georges St-Pierre was Offered Anderson Silva Before Michael Bisping | MMAWeekly.com

Though he is slated to challenge Michael Bisping at UFC 217, Georges St-Pierre had a possible bout with Anderson Silva in the offing. read news >>

After battling 'trickier' Anderson Silva, Derek Brunson unfazed by Lyoto Machida's striking

Derek Brunson is not expecting Lyoto Machida’s skill set to be diminished following an 18-month USADA suspension. But, unsure of what really caused him to be caught, Brunson believes Machida might be read news >>