Last week, Ronda Rousey was introduced by Dana White as the first female UFC champion.

The opponent for Rousey’s debut at UFC 157 is Liz Carmouche, but the fight fans really want to see pits the bantamweight champion against Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. In an interview with Sherdog.com, Santos confirmed that negotiations stalled due to issues with a demanding weight cut for the former Strikeforce champion.

"It was too little time to cut that much weight. I'm heavy, I always was. When I started fighting I weighed 154 pounds, and now I'm about 160 pounds without fighting. Dana already said he will just have the bantamweight division for now. I understand, there are not that many fighters in my division (145 pounds). So I'll make the effort to cut down. Who does not want to fight in the UFC?" she said.

Rousey was aware of the problems facing the Brazilian, but “Rowdy” did not spare her at last Thursday’s UFC on Fox 5 press conference, hinting again that “Cyborg” was afraid to fight her. Santos says the highly-anticipated duel is only postponed.

"She keeps saying that I'm running, but (anyone) who knows me knows that I never run from anyone. If it was up to 145 pounds, I would fight tomorrow. But it's not that way, and to cut down to 135 pounds I have to follow a plan just right. It's better for me to fight at bantamweight because the division has more fighters,” she said. “I'm looking for the right diet, the best way to lose that weight. I'll make that fight with Ronda happen. I'll give my best."

Like many of her female counterparts, Santos is thrilled that women will finally be allowed to compete in the UFC.

"It shows the state of female MMA today. It's time to take off. More fighters will now appear, even in my division," she said.

*Alan Oliveira contributed to this report

Dana White on ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey's future: I 'think she's probably done'

We may have seen the last of former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey in the cage.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

UFC Champ Amanda Nunes Issues Apology to Ronda Rousey | MMAWeekly.com

UFC women's bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes on Tuesday issued an apology to former champ Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Donald Trump, Ronda Rousey, UFC's Future and More

UFC President Dana White spoke about a number of topics with Jon Wertheim of Sports Illustrated in a lengthy interview published Wednesday, touching on President Donald Trump, Ronda Rousey and more. read news >>

Dana White: Anderson Silva is the 'Tom Brady of the UFC' | MMAWeekly.com

Tom Silva? Anderson Brady? Either way, you're talking about two of the world's best athletes when it comes to Anderson Silva and Tom Brady. read news >>

Dana White's UFC Houston Wrap-Up: Jessica Andrade Earned a Title Shot (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White discussed the aftermath of UFC Fight Night 104, saying Jessica Andrade has earned a title shot. read news >>

Dana White Says Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather Still Looks Unlikely | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White was in Houston for UFC Fight Night 104 and said Conor McGregor boxing Floyd Mayweather still isn't looking likely to him. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104 winner Ricardo Lucas Ramos thankful for previous encounters with Dana White

One year after his first professional loss, an optimistic Ricardo Lucas Ramos celebrates a victorious UFC debut: “In a short time, I’ll be at the top of the (bantamweight) division.”Filed under: Feat read news >>

Dana White: Misha Cirkunov done in UFC after 'flaking out' on new contract

Rising light heavyweight Misha Cirkunov will apparently not be back in the UFC anytime soon after contract discussions with the free agent went sour, according to UFC President Dana White.Filed under read news >>

UFC boss Dana White watched Ortiz-Sonnen at Bellator 170 – and 'there's no way in hell' it was fixed

We’re 10 days removed from Tito Ortiz’s submission of Chael Sonnen in his retirement fight at Bellator 170, and there’s still just a little bit of talk left over for it. Filed under: Bellator, Featur read news >>