#UFC Fight Night 118 #Bellator 185 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Kristina Williams #Bellator MMA #Jan Blachowicz #Devin Clark #Heather Hardy #Sam Alvey

Demetrious Johnson is a man with a lot on his plate.

In addition to his UFC flyweight title defense at UFC on Fox 8, “Mighty Mouse” today revealed that his wife could give birth to their first child at any moment.

“The ‘Mighty Baby’ should be here any minute. [My wife] could call me right now saying her water just broke in the store, but there’s no added pressure or inspiration,” Johnson said during Tuesday’s media conference call. “I’m happy to be a father, but this is my job and my career, and I approach it from a business aspect. I’m just focused and ready to go in there and defend.”

Johnson will put his title on the line July 27, squaring off with John Moraga live on Fox from Seattle’s KeyArena. The 125-pound standouts were initially supposed to meet this past April at the “TUF 17” finale, but the bout was rescheduled after the champion suffered an injury in training.

“[My] recovery has gone great,” Johnson said. “Once I got cleared by my doctor to start training, I started. If I were to add up all the days, this training camp has probably been like 12 weeks. I’m feeling 100 percent, and I’m ready to get in there and do work.”

In Moraga, Johnson faces a hard-punching flyweight who rides a seven-fight winning streak into his first world title shot. Moraga, who stopped Ulysses Gomez and Chris Cariaso in his first two Octagon appearances, has been critical of Johnson’s elusive fighting style, arguing that the champion does not enter the cage with the intent of finishing his opponent.

“I honestly didn’t care [about Moraga’s comments]. It’s his opinion, and everyone is entitled to his opinion,” Johnson said. “He has a two-fight winning streak [going]. He finished Ulysses Gomez and Chris Cariaso, so I think his UFC run so far is great.”

While Johnson believes that Moraga is a worthy challenger, the champion is also confident that he is well-prepared to defeat the heavy-handed 29-year-old.

“My last fight, I fought one of the guys in the division who has one-strike knockout power, and you’ve seen him do it all the time,” Johnson said of his successful defense against John Dodson. “John Moraga possesses great skills and good combinations, but when it comes to my training, we don’t bring anybody in to emulate [my opponents]. We just train hard, and I believe in my training partners and my coaching. That’s what we’ve done, and it hasn’t let us down yet. I just focus on my overall game and how to be the best mixed martial artist. That way, whomever I fight on July 27, it doesn’t matter. I’ll go out there and perform at my best.”

Galleries

Demetrious Johnson Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos headlines UFC on FOX 26 in Winnipeg

The UFC announced today that Robbie Lawler will take on Rafael dos Anjos in the headliner for UFC on FOX 26.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Mike Perry can't wait to put Santiago Ponzinibbio to sleep at UFC on FOX 26

Mike Perry is focused on using Santiago Ponzinibbio as a spring board for his career but is raring to go this weekend at UFC-Gdansk if needed.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Matthew Frincu, Curtis Millender talk kitchen sinks and potential UFC deals ahead of LFA 24 headliner

A pair of high-level strikers meet in tonight’s LFA 24 main event, but their philosophies about how the matchup will go down are divergent.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 26 tickets on sale this week, and $316 Canadian gets you cageside

The UFC returns to Winnipeg next month, and tickets for the event go on sale this week. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

'UFC on the Fly': Behind the scenes with UFC-Gdansk co-headliner Karolina Kowalkiewicz

Go behind the scenes with former title challenger Karolina Kowalkiewicz ahead of UFC Fight Night 118.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira hit with potential USADA violation, pulled from UFC on FOX 26

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira took to social media to deny wrongdoing upon being informed of his failed drug test.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Galore Bofando vs. Chad Laprise among additions to UFC on FOX 26 in Winnipeg

With the main event for the UFC’s return to Winnipeg now set, the card below it continues to build. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 216 'Fight Motion:' Check out Demetrious Johnson's insane armbar in super slo-mo

The UFC’s latest edition of “Fight Motion” is out, and in it we can see just how amazing flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson’s finish was.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Zach Makovsky doesn't have plan beyond ACB 72 headliner vs. Yoni Sherbatov

Former UFC veteran and Bellator champion Zach Makovsky isn’t sure what his fighting future holds.Filed under: News, Radio, Videos read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre meet on the ice

The promotion continues for UFC 217’s headliner between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>