#Conor McGregor #Bellator 179 #UFC 211 #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #Nate Diaz #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Joanna Jedrzejczyk #Jon Jones #UFC 202 #Stipe Miocic #Demian Maia #Junior dos Santos

When Danny Castillo heard that he’d been offered a fight against Michael Johnson at UFC 151, he didn’t hesitate to take it.

“The fight’s great,” Castillo told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “As soon as I heard of the fight, I was like, ‘Yeah, let’s sign the contract.’ I think Michael Johnson’s really talented. I think he’s fast and athletic. It’s going to be a good test for me.”

Of course the fight won’t be happening at UFC 151 due to the event’s cancellation. Instead, it has been rescheduled for Oct. 5 at UFC on FX 5.

“I just carried on, man,” Castillo said when asked how he reacted to the news that UFC 151 had been nixed. “I just kept working. I went and trained. It helped me get my mind off the situation instead of being all sad and bitter about it. … I’m glad I didn’t waste a bunch of negative energy flipping out about it.”

In Johnson, Castillo will face an opponent who has won two straight. After outpointing Shane Roller in January, he impressively outstruck “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 13 winner Tony Ferguson in May for a unanimous decision.

“I know he has a wrestling background, but he doesn’t really wrestle too much in any of his fights from what I’ve seen,” Castillo said. “He’s had 12, 14 weeks to prepare, so maybe he’s just been doing a ton of wrestling to tighten it up? The thing about this fight is, I feel comfortable wherever I’m going to be at.”

Castillo is also on a winning streak, having earned three straight victories. He stopped Shamar Bailey last November, edged Anthony Njokuani via split decision in December and outpointed John Cholish in May. From Johnson, he’s expecting an opponent who will likely look to strike. Castillo’s background is wrestling, but he said he’s not worried about Johnson’s standup.

“If it’s on our feet, yeah, he’s fast and his standup’s what he’s been working on, [but] I just hope he didn’t forget to work on his ground game as well,” Castillo said. “I’m not the best boxer, but my wrestling makes my boxing pretty dangerous. As a straight boxer, I get beat up all the time. But if some takedowns are involved, my boxing gets that much better.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:56:53).

Michael Johnson training for July return, hopes to fight at UFC 213

Three months ago, UFC lightweight Michael Johnson sat for an in-studio interview with MMAjunkie Radio and haggled for a big fight.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Is Ripped and Tan Ahead of UFC 211 | MMAWeekly.com

Joanna Jedrzejczyk puts her title on the line for the fifth time at UFC 211. Joanna Champion is ripped and ready. read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: What do ESPN cuts mean for UFC's TV deal hopes?

Do cost-cutting measures at ESPN mean bad news for the UFC’s hopes of a lucrative new TV deal? Did Paige VanZant cross a line with her homemade Reebok commercial? Is Anderson Silva brave or crazy? Al read news >>

Demian Maia responds to champ Tyron Woodley's unfortunate comments about Masvidal fight

Ahead of his UFC 211 scrap with Jorge Masvidal, welterweight contender Demian Maia has a few – politely put – thoughts on champ Tyron Woodley and his ‘incoherent’ behavior.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC official confirms Al Iaquinta remains on 'bonus ban,' offers conflicting recounting of events

By now, you’ve heard Al Iaquinta’s complaints about the UFC. According to one UFC official, the rage is completely misplaced.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Nate Diaz Says He's Not Interested in Fighting for UFC's 'Fake' Interim Titles

UFC star Nate Diaz said he is not interested in fighting for interim titles after being offered a bout against Tony Ferguson. According to Brett Okamoto of ESPN, Diaz was invited to compete for the i read news >>

Vitor Belfort joins Montreal's Tristar Gym ahead of final octagon bout at UFC 212

Vitor Belfort is doing things a little bit differently ahead of what he’s decided will be the final fight of his UFC career next month at UFC 212.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Fans invited to Rose Namajunas, Derrick Lewis special workouts ahead of UFC 211 in Dallas

Fans in the Dallas area or heading there for this week’s UFC 211 card already had great chances queued up to see the fighters. Now they get a bonus.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Hardy, Gooden break down Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Jessica Andrade at UFC 211

Ahead of UFC 211, UFC Fight Pass analyst Dan Hardy and broadcast partner John Gooden break down Saturday’s co-main event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Stipe Miocic joins the podcast

UFC Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic calls in ahead of his rematch with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 211. Plus, Jim hosts the show solo and talks to Chris The Producer about the Canelo vs. Chavez, Jr. f read news >>