#Cris Cyborg #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Bellator 179 #Angela Magana #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #UFC 202 #Jon Jones

Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

UFC Champ Daniel Cormier Tells Jon Jones It's Now or Never | MMAWeekly.com

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier is tired of waiting around for Jon Jones. He's laid down an ultimatum, it's now or never. read news >>

Jon Jones mocked Daniel Cormier's theory for why fans relate to 'the guy that does coke'

How is it that Daniel Cormier, and not Jon Jones, is the more hated fighter among MMA fans? The UFC light heavyweight champion has a theory that Jones basically laughed off.Filed under: Featured, New read news >>

Daniel Cormier Rips Jon Jones, Citing UFC Star's Legal Issues, Failed Drug Tests

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier went off on rival Jon "Bones" Jones on Wednesday in an exclusive interview with TMZ. Cormier said Jones wasn't a good guy and ripped him for his past leg read news >>

One more time: Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones title rematch set for UFC 214 on July 29

The UFC will once again will tempt fate by booking a rematch between UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and former titleholder Jon Jones. This time it’s teed up for the main event of UFC 2 read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones Fight Rematch Announced for UFC 214

The UFC announced Friday that light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier will face Jon "Bones" Jones in the main event of UFC 214. It will mark the second meeting between Cormier and Jones, as Jones w read news >>

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier Get in Backstage Altercation (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Before Friday's UFC Summer Kickoff Press Conference, Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones got into an altercation in the backstage area. Here's the footage. read news >>

Jon Jones Says He Beat Daniel Cormier at UFC 182 After a 'Weekend of Cocaine'

Jon Jones said Friday that he defeated Daniel Cormier "after a weekend of cocaine" when the two squared off at UFC 182 in January 2015 in Las Vegas, according to ESPN.com's Brett Okamoto. UFC announc read news >>

Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones Get Heated in Confirming Their UFC 214 Bout | MMAWeekly.com

As expected, Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones will rematch at UFC 214 on July 29, but the fight announcement wasn't exactly a smooth rollout. read news >>

Daniel Cormier demands Jon Jones accepts UFC 214 rematch: 'It's my rules, I'm the champ now'

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier made it clear: He calls the shots when it comes to the belt, and he demands Jon Jones skip a tune-up fight and face him upon his return.Filed under: Feat read news >>

Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones get heated backstage and onstage at 'UFC Summer Kickoff' event

Despite an endless parade of delays, cancellations and unforeseen circumstances, the hatred between UFC lightweight heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and former champ Jon Jones appears to be runnin read news >>