Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

Jon Jones Likely to Face Daniel Cormier-Anthony Johnson Winner, Says Dana White

Jon Jones may have a nice gift waiting for him when he comes back from his yearlong suspension: a UFC light heavyweight championship fight. In an interview on the UFC Unfiltered podcast (h/t FoxSport read news >>

Gina Carano Offers Advice for Ronda Rousey Fans and Critics | MMAWeekly.com

Former Strikeforce superstar Gina Carano has some advice for fans and critics of Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Champ Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson rematch headlines UFC 210 in Buffalo

A light heavyweight title fight will headline UFC 210.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier Returns in UFC 210 Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

This is one time where waiting pays off, as light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier returns at UFC 210 to put his belt on the line. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson 2 Announced for UFC 210: Details, Reaction

The UFC announced Wednesday that Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson will meet in a rematch of their May 2015 clash at UFC 210 in Buffalo, New York, on April 8. Cormier (18-1) secured a victory via su read news >>

Miesha Tate and Daniel Cormier Butt Heads Over Ronda Rousey's Next Move (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier and Miesha Tate clash over what the next best move is for former UFC champion Ronda Rousey. read news >>

One to Watch: Andrei Arlovski vs. Francis Ngannou | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC The UFC’s first 2017 show to be broadcast on Fox is a big one. Taking place in the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado, UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs. Peña (otherwise known as read news >>

Ronaldo Souza calls Bisping's title reign a 'disaster,' sees rematch with Romero next

RIO DE JANEIRO – UFC middleweight contender Ronaldo Souza has come to terms with the fact that a stab at the belt might not be immediately next for him. But that doesn’t mean he’d be OK with friend a read news >>

One to Watch: Andrei Arlovski vs. Francis Ngannou | FIGHTLAND

UFC on FOX 23 results: Eric Spicely chokes out Alessio Di Chirico in first, calls out Dan Kelly

DENVER – Alessio Di Chirico probably should have known to watch out for an Eric Spicely submission in the first round. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>