#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Gokhan Saki #Bellator 183 #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Yushin Okami #Takanori Gomi #Dong Hyun Kim

Dana White might just be the busiest man in all of mixed martial arts, and he doesn’t have time to deal with sickness.

It sounds funny but the fact is White is currently dealing with an ongoing situation from a bout with Meniere’s disease, an inner ear dysfunction that causes extreme bouts of vertigo.

Back in May, White missed the first UFC event of his career since Zuffa took over the organization when he was unable to attend UFC on Fuel TV 3 in Virginia. A few days after the event he was supposed to have surgery, but the doctors eventually decided to treat him with medication instead.

Unfortunately, according to White only about 50-percent of patients with Meniere’s disease actually respond to the medication so he’s lobbying very hard to get the surgery instead.

“It’s a battle of wills,” said White when appearing on HDNet’s Inside MMA, as he continues to seek surgery to hopefully curb the issues he’s having with Meniere’s disease.

The surgery is no cure for the debilitating disease, but it does relieve some of the symptoms and according to White the treatment he is seeking involves cutting a nerve on his inner ear.

The Mayo Clinic describes this as ‘Vestibular nerve section, a procedure involves cutting the nerve that connects balance and movement sensors in your inner ear to the brain (vestibular nerve). This procedure usually corrects problems with vertigo while attempting to preserve hearing in the affected ear.”

“It’s something that has to be done. I have to fix this problem, I can’t do what I do and have that happen to me again,” White said.

“Just that one incident, I was lucky I was in Las Vegas and my doctor is familiar with it and knew what to do, and I was still down for four days. If that happened to me somewhere else, I’m telling you, people who have this understand where I’m coming from, I’m afraid that that’s going to happen to me again.”

Check out the full interview with White from HDNet’s Inside MMA below:

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

Dana White Rips Oscar De La Hoya for 'F--k You' Tweet at Mayweather-McGregor

After Oscar De La Hoya had some choice words for Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor on Twitter prior to Friday's weigh-in, UFC president Dana White shared his own message for the former boxing c read news >>

Dana White Sick to His Stomach with Excitement: Mayweather vs. McGregor Embedded | MMAWeekly.com

On Episode 5 of Mayweather vs. McGregor Embedded, Floyd “Money” Mayweather does more media as the “Fight of the Century” draws nearer. read news >>

Dana White on Oscar De La Hoya's May-Mac tweet: Is he 'snorting coke and drinking booze?'

Oscar De La Hoya attempted to throw one final jab at Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor, and UFC President Dana White wasn’t having it. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Responds to Oscar De La Hoya's Mayweather vs McGregor F-Bomb Dis | MMAWeekly.com

There are a lot of critics of the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor boxing superfight, but most of them haven't gone as far as Oscar De La Hoya. read news >>

Dana White's custom Conor McGregor T-shirts for fight week

UFC President Dana White has been Conor McGregor’s No. 1 fan during the entire build-up to “The Money Fight.”Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Says He Is 'So Proud Of' Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather Fight

Dana White, president of the UFC, told reporters he's "so proud" of Conor McGregor after the 29-year-old Irish star of the Octagon lasted 10 rounds against Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena read news >>

Dana White: 'Not the Fight I was Expecting' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White felt like the fight that Conor McGregor fought against Floyd Mayweather was something different than he expected. read news >>

Dana White proud of Conor McGregor after Floyd Mayweather fight, but wants him back in UFC

“I’m ready to get back to the UFC and do what I do,” said Dana White, who prefers to bring back Conor McGregor with him.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Says He Is 'So Proud Of' Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather Fight

Dana White Wants Conor McGregor to Get Back to Fighting MMA | MMAWeekly.com

UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor had a good showing against unbeaten Floyd Mayweather, but Dana White wants him to return to the Octagon. read news >>