UFC President Dana White said on a recent episode of ESPN's Dan Le Batard Show that WWE would not allow Brock Lesnar to fight again in the UFC while under contract with WWE.
During the interview (h/t Damon Martin of MMA Weekly), White said WWE had no interest in letting Lesnar compete for UFC again after previously allowing him to in 2016: "Lesnar was still under contract with WWE till next August. Who knows what would have happened. I don't count my chickens anymore, I'll tell you that. ... They didn't want to do that again. You saw what happened last time he was under contract and it doesn't look good for anybody."
Lesnar fought and defeated Mark Hunt at UFC 200 while still under contract with WWE, but it was later changed to a no contest when Lesnar tested positive for anti-estrogen agent hydroxy-clomiphene.
That resulted in Lesnar getting suspended from MMA competition for one year by the USADA.
Despite that, rumors emerged regarding a potential bout between Lesnar and Jon "Bones" Jones after Jones and Lesnar called each other out publicly.
Jones failed another drug test in August, however, squashing any possibility of a big-money fight with WWE's Universal champion in the near future.
If White's information is correct, the 40-year-old Lesnar will remain under contract leading up to next year's SummerSlam in August 2018.
There has been talk of WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans potentially being his final match, but White's comments would seem to suggest there will be other matches beyond that.
Another UFC fight may not be in the cards, and if it is, all signs point toward it occurring after Lesnar decides to end his WWE career.
Listen to Ring Rust Radio for all of the hot wrestling topics. Catch the latest episode in the player below (warning: some language NSFW).view original article >>
UFC President Dana White had estimated that UFC 217 would do a million PPV buys. While the definitive numbers have come out yet, he thinks his initial expectations have been “destroyed” – in a good w read news >>
UFC President Dana White expressed concern about a recent growing trend of UFC fighters using homophobic language.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
UFC President Dana White says he isn’t really a tattoo guy, which might be surprising for an MMA promoter. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>
UFC president Dana White credits Mike Swick with one of the worst things to ever happen to his company. read news >>
UFC President Dana White expresses zero concern about a power struggle with lightweight champion Conor McGregor.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>
UFC President Dana White adamantly denies Paulie Malignaggi’s claim that a fight with Conor McGregor is in negotiations.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
UFC president Dana White announced a new welterweight matchup late Tuesday night in Los Angeles but there's only one problem — he forgot to tell the fighters. The proposed fight would pit former titl read news >>
UFC President Dana White responded Thursday to the man who filed a lawsuit against middleweight champion Michael Bisping over an alleged assault at a gym in Anaheim, California. "I'm sure it's that t read news >>
Turns out Zuffa Boxing really is more than just a T-shirt.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
UFC President Dana White suggested he has no choice but to pull Mark Hunt from an upcoming UFC headliner, and the heavyweight’s recent complaints make little sense, he said.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>